• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Village

Ashida can't stop talking about Urien's thong.

k4beVRO.png

That's some bullshit

I'm like one of the few people online actively using thong urien, that shit is like finding a unicorn in the damn wild.

KingBroly

Banned
Capcom needs to do more double FM events when releasing stages. But for dumb reason they do not want more people to play this game.

Capcom needs to give people a reason to play the game every day.

Here's when most people play SF5:
- When New Missions are set (Fridays)
- When DLC comes out (Once a month on Tuesdays)

That's simply not good enough.

vg260

Too bad they scrapped the zenny system because it's super easy to burn through fight money on colors, and that's the only way to buy them.

Top 7 characters from a few top Japanese players

Bonchan's top 7:

1 - Balrog
2 - Ibuki
3 - Guile
4-5
Rashid
Zangief
6-7
Necalli
Karin

Haitani:

1 - Guile
2 - Ibuki
3 - Balrog
4-7
Necalli
Laura
Akuma (?)
Urien

Fuudo:

1 - Guile
2 - Ibuki
3 - Balrog
4-7
Karin
Laura
Rashid
Necalli

Mago:

1 - Ibuki
2 - Guile
3 - Balrog
4-7
Rashid
Urien
Birdie
Necalli

Tokido:

1 - Balrog
2 - Guile
3 - Ibuki
4-7
Zangief
Bison
Akuma (?)
Necalli

None of them have Cammy in their top 7 lol
Something something Bison top tier something something.

To be fair, Azam was being said to be a DLC character since the Story mode.

And him being present in one of the images in the main menu certainly helped that theory.

Plus the precedence with Kolin and Ed is that it's characters that showed up in SFV but have never been playable before. And Azam fits that bill.

Village

Probly cuz the thong is stupid and it was always stupid.

I use the thong, and kind of agree with you. The only costume I think really benifits from the thong is his story mode outfit ,even though the regular one is better because he gets shades. And the battle costume because it makes him look like super machoman from punchout

So, Thailand theme is pretty nice for the most part:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_AEkLRBBGU

But there's something really off putting about it, those chants at the start that repeat throughout the theme and sound out of place are Islamic chants(will probably cause backlash too since they're Quran verses), this doesn't make sense in a Thailand stage and one that's in a temple too. Like, do they just pick random sounds they find online and use them?!

Capcom must have goofed and thought those chants were Buddhist. Islamic chants make no sense within the context of the stage and I'd think they'd know better than to include muslim stuff deliberately anyway, given how sensitive many of them are.

I didnt get the Morrigan reference at first. I just thought it was a nice look for Chun. I might use something other than Chuns bikini now and buy this outfit

015.png

eh Tokido thinks he's top tier at least.

Only if he had his unfinished beta version of a special move he'd finally be a good character

now he has to settle with only having 1 unfinished semibroken special move
You read my mind! ;-)

Bison is in a decent spot, though. They fixed a lot of his S1 problems. I don't find him miserable to play anymore, though I still think he needs something to make his pressure scary. The normal throw vs. crush counter threat isn't enough IMO.

Like if I were to make 4 changes to Bison, they would be:
1) Beta 1 Psycho Inferno (I will never let this go, and I will bring it up at every chance until it happens).
2) Head Stomp tracking fixed (it whiffs when used to punish a fireball on read - wtf?)
3) Backdash is also a teleport animation (even if it has no invincibility, I just think it would help his approach and mixups by confusing the tell)
4) Target combo is -2 on block, because it's just useless trash right now.

Then he would be a perfect character to me.

LakeEarth

To be fair, Azam was being said to be a DLC character since the Story mode.

And him being present in one of the images in the main menu certainly helped that theory.

Plus the precedence with Kolin and Ed is that it's characters that showed up in SFV but have never been playable before. And Azam fits that bill.

Azam will show up eventually, there's no way they would miss the opportunity to create a DLC character with already existing assets. It's nothing new.

SF4 arcade edition added 4 "new" characters, but only one new face had to be made (the twins just needed one face).
USF4 added tweaked version of SFxT characters
MvC:Infinite seems full of recycled animations from MvC3

Goddamn it, this new gameplay of Marvel is getting me hyped.

BUT I AM NOT GONNA PRE-ORDER. I WILL WAIT FOR IMPRESSIONS AND DETAILS BEFORE BUYING.

Azam will show up eventually, there's no way they would miss the opportunity to create a DLC character with already existing assets. It's nothing new.

SF4 arcade edition added 4 "new" characters, but only one new face had to be made (the twins just needed one face).
If MvC4 just recycles all of this gen's assets and adds assists and supers to them, I'll be a happy man.

Goddamn it, this new gameplay of Marvel is getting me hyped.

BUT I AM NOT GONNA PRE-ORDER. I WILL WAIT FOR IMPRESSIONS AND DETAILS BEFORE BUYING.
What details? I think we pretty much know everything.

I use the thong, and kind of agree with you. The only costume I think really benifits from the thong is his story mode outfit ,even though the regular one is better because he gets shades. And the battle costume because it makes him look like super machoman from punchout
The thong is always the right choice. I'd say it's been about a 50/50 split in my experience.

I think if it wasn't tied to a code it would be even more prevalent. Some people can't be bothered to always be holding inputs between rounds. They need to add an option to use the alternate version of all applicable costumes by default.

What details? I think we pretty much know everything.
How's the online (Most important to me personally), how do the gems and everything work EXACTLY, is there actual content beside the online and story mode, is it a FM-esque "grind for weeks if you want all the customization stuff" situation, what's the pricing model for future DLC, what does the character pass entail EXACTLY, etc.

I also want to know the rest of the cast preferably. While I'm definitely gonna play this a lot, it's still gonna play "second fiddle" to Tekken 7 and SFV so I wanna know if there are characters which I know I like from UMvC3 in this, or new characters that fit my playstyle.

How's the online (Most important to me personally), how do the gems and everything work EXACTLY, is there actual content beside the online and story mode, is it a FM-esque "grind for weeks if you want all the customization stuff" situation, what's the pricing model for future DLC, what does the character pass entail EXACTLY, etc.

I also want to know the rest of the cast preferably. While I'm definitely gonna play this a lot, it's still gonna play "second fiddle" to Tekken 7 and SFV so I wanna know if there are characters which I know I like from UMvC3 in this, or new characters that fit my playstyle.
Rumors are that we are getting CFN 2.0 because Disney wanted Capcom to fix its crappy network before MvCi. The netcode is guaranteed to be an altered port from SFV - so if you like it, you'll like this, and if you hate it, you'll hate this.

I thought you wanted to know mechanics and stuff. How a gem works "exactly" isn't going to determine my preorder. The game will almost certainly follow the SFV DLC economy, since it has been working well for that title even with a failed launch.

I just want to know more about the game before I plop down money on it. Especially confirmation on the online and the roster. Admittedly I'm not as passionate about Mahvel as you are so it doesn't really matter to me if I'm there day-1 or not since I know I'm not gonna play it as actively as other games.

JAXXX

That's not the same animation if you actually look at them side by side.

Please don't spread misinformation, because next thing you know EH will have an article on this, and after that, there's no turning back.

yeah its really strange that EH writers just scan various forums and player's twitter for news instead of actually having connect to real companies to get a scoop.

i can do that job if that the case- lol

No. Its not. Hulk has been doing the same animations & poses since Marvel Super Heroes.

And if Azam is in the game, they'd build a new asset model for him, maybe even redesign him. Just like they're doing with Ed. You guys have really ignorant ideas of what defines an 'asset'.

Btw, hearing more about the gameplay for MvC, i'm even more hyped than I was. They are delivering with the gem system here. It's basically your 3rd character. You guys haven't even begun to fathom the depth yet. And you've only seen 3 of the 6.

You read my mind! ;-)

Bison is in a decent spot, though. They fixed a lot of his S1 problems. I don't find him miserable to play anymore, though I still think he needs something to make his pressure scary. The normal throw vs. crush counter threat isn't enough IMO.

Like if I were to make 4 changes to Bison, they would be:
1) Beta 1 Psycho Inferno (I will never let this go, and I will bring it up at every chance until it happens).
dawg you gotta let this go. this is like me holding a grudge against capcom for nerfing the unfinished beta version of deejay's ex sobat that crumpled on hit lmao

of all the things to complain about regarding deejay, losing that wasn't one of them. Bison can make it safe on block with proper spacing anyway.

let it gooooooo

JimiHazel

Banned
I hope that Azam isn't a playable character, his design is boring as hell. Looks like a Disney character. But give me Sagat and i'll accept any addition to the roster, even Blanka.

Btw, hearing more about the gameplay for MvC, i'm even more hyped than I was. They are delivering with the gem system here. It's basically your 3rd character. You guys haven't even begun to fathom the depth yet. And you've only seen 3 of the 6.

The gem system was what kept me positive on the game before we got any real news. It has the potential to cover the "depth" of the 3v3 system and make characters relevant that might otherwise have suffered in a 3v3 system.
I hope that Azam isn't a playable character, his design is boring as hell. Looks like a Disney character. But give me Sagat and i'll accept any addition to the roster, even Blanka.
I'm sorry but your opinion stopped mattering when you publicly admitted to wanting Blanka over Azam.

And how is his design MORE boring than Sagat?

Xeteh

No. Its not. Hulk has been doing the same animations & poses since Marvel Super Heroes.

And if Azam is in the game, they'd build a new asset model for him, maybe even redesign him. Just like they're doing with Ed. You guys have really ignorant ideas of what defines an 'asset'.

A handful of people in this thread think taking Kolin from the story mode and applying a quick spitshine is all it takes to get a higher res model. I'm sure most people smarter than that.

Nuh-uh capcom is clearly broke. Because I said so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom