• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

lupinko

Ucchedavāda;234731851 said:
I tried reaching out to feedback@capcom.com, and asked if they would be releasing a CPT DLC bundle on Steam. Unfortunately, but not too surprisingly, that team did not have any information about that, and just recommended reading Capcom Unity.

I'll probably have to figure out my Twitter password and write to the SFV accounts there.

Unfortunately, that CPT bundle is PS4 only because Sony is the cosponsor for CPT/Capcom Cup.

JimiHazel

Banned
I'm sorry but your opinion stopped mattering when you publicly admitted to wanting Blanka over Azam.

And how is his design MORE boring than Sagat?

You didn't get it. I don't want Blanka over Azam. I hate Blanka with a passion (yet i'm pretty sure his SFV iteration would be pretty interesting to see since most of the characters gameplay mechanics are very different than their SFIV version). My point is, as long as we get to see Sagat, i don't really care about any other addition to the roster, i'll be happy with that.

Also, Sagat design is simple, but effective as fuck. He's pretty much the most intimidating fighter of the whole SF series (maybe in all fighting games, period).

"Boring" is maybe not the good choice of word, i would say too bland instead. He doesn't make me think of a fighter.

There was Muslim chanting on the Thailand monk Buddhist stage?

Fucking what?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
capcpom-logo.png

Ryce

We were supposed to get the next character, balance patch, and updated CFN yesterday, but it was all delayed a month. And then it was accidentally leaked that Ed would be the next character. And then Capcom had to take down the Thailand stage because they thought it would be a good idea to include koranic chanting in a Buddhist temple.

What a week!

Unfortunately, that CPT bundle is PS4 only because Sony is the cosponsor for CPT/Capcom Cup.

You are probably right, but they only list the title and colors as PS4 exclusives, not the additional daily quests. And I don't see how that would work unless they do a bundle on Steam.

Village

Was this a failure to google? Like i'm no japanese expert but I would imagine capcom in using bhuddist themes in their games , especially street fighter before. And in a lot of japanese media. I would imagine they would have some knowledge of the theology , even if they didn't have any knowledge of anything close to islam. Like to know, not to do that. Its like if you had christian hymns playing in a synagogue

I'm interested in how we got to point b.

Numb

Was this a failure to google? Like i'm no japanese expert but I would imagine capcom in using bhuddist themes in their games , especially street fighter before. They would have some knowledge of the theology , even if they didn't have any knowledge of anything close to islam.

I'm interested in how we got to point b.

Harada did the same thing in Tekken tag 2 where they put the name of Allah on the floor of the arabic stage since they searched for arabic text on google and thats what showed up first
Had to patch it out since it is frowned upon to step on gods name
They are deaf to religion

Village

Harada did the same thing in Tekken tag 2 where they put the name of Allah on the floor of the arabic stage since they searched for arabic text on google and thats what showed up first
Had to patch it out since it is frowned upon to stage on gods name

While that's not good, that's still them failing to understand a singular religion/theology . This is two, Harada didn't put allah on the floor of a church.

Numb

While that's not good, that's still them failing to understand a singular religion/theology . This is two, Harada didn't put allah on the floor of a church.

They wouldn't put arabic in a church but something that sounds like monk chant(even tho they don't but to them..) they would do this
I wouldn't be surprised if they did even crazier things so we shouldn't actually gauge their stupidity lvls

mbpm1

Btw, hearing more about the gameplay for MvC, i'm even more hyped than I was. They are delivering with the gem system here. It's basically your 3rd character. You guys haven't even begun to fathom the depth yet. And you've only seen 3 of the 6.

Good to hear dood

Village

They wouldn't put arabic in a church but something that sounds like monk chant(even tho they don't but to them..) they would do this
I wouldn't be surprised if they did even crazier things so we shouldn't actually gauge their stupidity lvls

But there are bhuddist temple's in japan, they could just... go and do some research. Mick Gordon did the same thing for killer instict. Capcom did this with all of rashid.

" hey guys, whats going on with this. Yes , no?"

There was Muslim chanting on the Thailand monk Buddhist stage?

Fucking what?

Tbf, Quaranic verses/writing isn't just an oversight made by Capcom. Modern Warfare 2 & the original LBP both had issues stemming from the same thing. Heck, Marvel comics had a recent Islamic messaging controversy in one of their comics by one of their artists that they had to correct & remove. These things slip through the cracks sometimes.

Coda

We were supposed to get the next character, balance patch, and updated CFN yesterday, but it was all delayed a month. And then it was accidentally leaked that Ed would be the next character. And then Capcom had to take down the Thailand stage because they thought it would be a good idea to include koranic chanting in a Buddhist temple.

What a week!

Haha I was looking for the Thailand stage today and didn't see it. I was confused, now I know why.

Sayad

Rumors are that we are getting CFN 2.0 because Disney wanted Capcom to fix its crappy network before MvCi. The netcode is guaranteed to be an altered port from SFV - so if you like it, you'll like this, and if you hate it, you'll hate this.
Capcom using the same CFN for MvCI gives me hope for PC/PS4 cross play, please do it Capcom.

Village

Tbf, Quaranic verses/writing isn't just an oversight made by Capcom. Modern Warfare 2 & the original LBP both had issues stemming from the same thing. Heck, Marvel comics had a recent Islamic messaging controversy in one of their comics by one of their artists that they had to correct & remove. These things slip through the cracks sometimes.

All of them ( well the ones placed in areas with a more diverse popular could probably start a conversation about the diversities of peoples in the work place), should just ask.

" Hey we are using this thing from this foreign culture, how about we ask how to use it good."

mbpm1

I remember there was a KPop song that had verses from the Muslim call to prayer they had to rework. The Capcom stage thing reminded me of that.

In the rework they just blurred out the vocals so they became unintelligible, so capcom doesn't have to do much at least.

All of them ( well the ones placed in areas with a more diverse popular could probably start a conversation about the diversities of peoples in the work place), should just ask.

" Hey we are using this thing from this foreign culture, how about we ask how to use it good."

Cultural appropriation isn't viewed on as negatively in Japan maybe. I know they don't care about things like Ghost in the shell being changed or w/e

Sayad

Had to patch it out since it is frowned upon to step on gods name

What Tekken team did was kinda excusable, they basically used real Islamic decoritive writing texture, except they took one with the word Allah(usualy used for walls, roofs, etc) and used it as ground texture, a honest mistake tbh. How you use sounds you have no idea what they are in composing a theme is a whole new level of WTF!

In the rework they just blurred out the vocals so they became unintelligible, so capcom doesn't have to do much at least.
I hope they remove the chants all together, they kinda ruin the theme.

Numb

What Tekken team did was kinda excusable, they basically used real Islamic decoritive writing texture, except they took one with the word Allah(usualy used for walls, roofs, etc) and used it as ground texture, a honest mistake tbh. How you use sounds you have no idea what they are in composing a theme is a whole new level of WTF!

Welcome to the future
MVCI will have Mein Kampf verses in german

stn

I've been told there's a 7GB patch that's out? What has been released if the new character and balance patch has been delayed? Is there a point to downloading the patch now??

It's not that they don't ask, more like sometimes the higher-ups just don't know exactly where something is coming from or what its referencing.

For example, they might've heard arabic chanting & or seen arabic writing somewhere (as was the case in MW2) and thought nothing of it (that it wasn't specifically referring to the Quaran). Probably because they don't have a native arabic speaker or Muslim on their team. It isn't until it goes out to the masses that they realize this reference is in there, cause people in the audience told them it is.

I've been told there's a 7GB patch that's out? What has been released if the new character and balance patch has been delayed? Is there a point to downloading the patch now??

New costumes, new stage, new colours for every characters' story and Battle costume.

Capcom using the same CFN for MvCI gives me hope for PC/PS4 cross play, please do it Capcom.

Awwww man, if this happens then I might just get this on PC which will be a LOT cheaper in the long run as compared to the PS4.

Plus that'll be one more reason for me to upgrade my GPU.

Numb

Crossplay always welcome
No community splitting and the weaker one(usually PC) never worrying about drying up
But platform company creators gotta always bring drama

XenoRaven

The only ones that seem to be floating around, are juri and mika. There are videos but not showing off all the colors, of the rest of the costumes in combat
You'd think sites that exist solely to report on fighting games would have this shit covered.

Although I guess that would take time away from scouring the internet for content to steal and forum posts to blow out of proportion.

What characters did you guys use in UMvC 3 and what characters do you want to use in MvC:I?

I used She-Hulk, Dormammu and Iron Man. Planning on using She-Hulk + Captain Marvel, She-Hulk + Dormammu (if he makes it in) and Captain Marvel + Doctor Strange.

She-Hulk's GOTTA make it in darn it.

Producer

What characters did you guys use in UMvC 3 and what characters do you want to use in MvC:I?

I used She-Hulk, Dormammu and Iron Man. Planning on using She-Hulk + Captain Marvel, She-Hulk + Dormammu (if he makes it in) and Captain Marvel + Doctor Strange.

i played chun/doom/strider
wesker/doom/strider
spencer/doom/vergil

I can see all of them return except for spencer :/

FluxWaveZ

Phoenix Wright.

Skilletor

Already have Strider...that's about it.

Love me some Captain Marvel. Just want to see T'Challa now.

ElFly

give me arthur reworked to be actually good, and everything else is negotiable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom