• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbpm1

As someone who hasn't played ranked in probably almost six months, why you say that?

You can steamroll and pull gimmicks and dumb playstyle idiosyncrasies out your ass for 2 matches and it doesn't mean anything.

FT3 or more feels more meaningful bc it forces adaptation and learning. Even if it's only one match more it can make all the difference.

I guess it's still fun to throw people in a blender but not all the time.

Xeteh

Anyone want to play? I feel like I've fought most people who frequent this thread but I'm still bronze and most of you aren't. If anyone wants to play let me know.

You can steamroll and pull gimmicks and dumb playstyle idiosyncrasies out your ass for 2 matches and it doesn't mean anything.

FT3 or more feels more meaningful bc it forces adaptation and learning. Even if it's only one match more it can make all the difference.

I guess it's still fun to throw people in a blender but not all the time.

That makes sense. Sometimes you can download someone in a round or two but you are really playing the person once you have had time to learn each other's tenancies and force play style changes a few times.

Xeteh

Up until last week I played this game on a 660 ti with everything on high settings, no issues.

If I set everything to max the only stages that gave me issues were the waterfall and the beach.

For whatever reason whenever I play SFV on PS4 it turns my PS4 in to a jet engine. Horizon, nah quiet. Persona 5 - quiet. Nier? Also quiet.

I play on PS4 but if anyone wants to play, I'm almost always around my PC so hit me up on Steam.

Edzi

Balrog is straight up the dumbest character they've ever created and he's making me start to actively hate this game.

For whatever reason whenever I play SFV on PS4 it turns my PS4 in to a jet engine. Horizon, nah quiet. Persona 5 - quiet. Nier? Also quiet.

I have EVGA 1060 and one of the negativity about the card fan is loud..I play SFV Maxed out it's quiet, I play GW2 old ass DX9 game and you swear my PC is now a leaf blower..

Xeteh

I have EVGA 1060 and one of the negativity about the card fan is loud..I play SFV Maxed out it's quiet, I play GW2 old ass DX9 game and you swear my PC is now a leaf blower..

Yeah, thats weird. Its the total opposite on the PS4. SFV is the reason I thought my PS4 was dying with how hard it works but playing Uncharted 4 and Horizon: Zero Dawn my PS4 was quiet. SFV turns it on to overdrive.

That is very strange.

Check this out, my cousin recently installed SFV on a weak business laptop he stole from his job when he got laid off and at the lowest settings (it's horrible) the frame rate runs in the single digits in training mode and every other single player mode but online it runs at a perfect 60.

So this combined with your issue makes me think that maybe SFV isn't the best optimized game. I have no idea but something ain't right.

Xeteh

That is very strange.

Check this out, my cousin recently installed SFV on a weak business laptop he stole from his job when he got laid off and at the lowest settings (it's horrible) the frame rate runs in the single digits in training mode and every other single player mode but online it runs at a perfect 60.

So this combined with your issue makes me think that maybe SFV isn't the best optimized game. I have no idea but something ain't right.

Yeah, I'm positive it isn't optimized well. There's no reason it should be taxing the PS4 so hard. It just surprises me how within a minute of starting up training mode my PS4 goes to jet engine. SFV was what I used my PS4 the most for last year, I legit thought my console was dying.

Xeteh

lol, I started this game playing Necalli. He gets boring insanely fast.

I honestly like playing Necalli. He's not my favorite, I tend to favor the faster/squishier characters. Cammy and Juri are love but my shitty execution doesn't favor that playstyle. Necalli is kind of the best of both worlds. A quicker character that has higher hp.

Edzi

It feels like I have better luck against Diamonds on ranked compared to scrubby Ultra Golds/Platinums who are going ham with top tiers.

The wait times between matches are also a lot longer than I remember them.

Edzi

What is it with this game's fucking servers. Can't find a single match.

I think something is wrong right now, It's not finding anything for me either which isn't normal. It just hangs on the "waiting for your opponent" screen.

Servers tonight have been slow as shit

Also the game apparently randomly reverted Juri back to season 1 in training mode? Was practicing and realized her DP was moved back to kick buttons. Exited out and went back in and it was back to normal. GG Capcom

I couldn't get into one ranked match today. I got into a bunch of casuals, but it was longer than normal.

Holy fuck just give me the new CFN please lord. When that worked properly, it was goddamn heaven.

MCD250

I can't imagine what a nightmare Ibuki would be to deal with if she had all the stuff they cut away from her on top of kunai and bomb shennanigans.

Balrog is straight up the dumbest character they've ever created and he's making me start to actively hate this game.
Getting hit by the stomp (secretly unblockable) into his V-Trigger into the rollercoaster of hurt. I liked V-Trigger back before they were lowkey Ultras.

mbpm1

I can't imagine what a nightmare Ibuki would be to deal with if she had all the stuff they cut away from her on top of kunai and bomb shennanigans.

Unlimited kunai alone would be a killer

spam mass kunai toss all day

Eat shit everyone, have fun playing bullet hell

Bob White

But we took 50 health from him. ADAPT! For me, it's dashes. Dashes are making me seriously done with this game. These fucking dashes kill the neutral. This shit is not fun.

TJ Combo in Killer Instinct is actually kinda worse.

Imagine if Balrog's dash punch had armor, could be cancelled into a command grab, could be cancelled into a backwards roll or could be cancelled into an overhead.

Fun times.

mbpm1

TJ Combo in Killer Instinct is actually kinda worse.

Imagine if Balrog's dash punch had armor, could be cancelled into a command grab, could be cancelled into a backwards roll or could be cancelled into an overhead.

Fun times.

TJ Combo was balrog if he didn't have to be constrained by even the semblance of limits of combo damage, scaling, and ability to defend.

Utter chaos, full screen mixups, solid everything else, damage output and even hard to nullify with breaking.

TJ Combo was balrog if he didn't have to be constrained by even the semblance of limits of combo damage, scaling, and ability to defend.

Utter chaos, full screen mixups, solid everything else, damage output and even hard to nullify with breaking.

The problem with that is that it just becomes not fun to play against. You just KNOW that he's gonna powerline because... why wouldn't he?

mbpm1

The problem with that is that it just becomes not fun to play against. You just KNOW that he's gonna powerline because... why wouldn't he?

The key is to focus on what you are going to do, not him. In this, you maintain calm, and play your game.
pick tj combo mirrors LUL

mbpm1

I mean, Necalli has one. #GiveRogACommandGrab

Why are you trying to balance the game like capcom?

Buff the weaker tiers, give Kolin a command grab that does ex counter damage. Also make it have the same length and similar animation as uh..her standing heavy kick. But to balance it you can remove 25 health and it will be 10 frame startup, that's okay.

MCD250

If I were in charge of balancing I would give Sim a new move that lets him throw you from mid-full screen, then patch it out after like three months.

mbpm1

I feel like only the toppest players i can be sure are whiff punishing. The rest its kinda like 'maybe he just pressed a button and it hit' tbh

I mean, you can definitely whiff punish things like some character's st. hk

If I were in charge of balancing I would give Sim a new move that lets him throw you from mid-full screen, then patch it out after like three months.

Didn't you hear? sim is mid tier as of s2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom