• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to be an incredibly unpopular opinion.

But at this point, I'd rather have USF4 back. I'm sick and tired of the horrible systems and balance in SFV.

While I appreciate your opinion - I just absolutely hated USF4's gameplay. It grew more & more grating as time went on. There were a myriad of things I disliked about its gameplay, but if I had to sum up one thing I couldn't stand, it was the prevalence of OSes in that game. In SFV, I can just look at the gameplay and discern why a player lost by the actions that appear on screen, not because of some secret combination of inputs that covered a multitude of options a player may not even be aware.

Yes, this game still has jump back OS, but comparing a singular OS that is super obvious as to when its pulled off , and even being patched out, to the OS's in USF4 is night & day. Then come all the major gameplay issues I had in terms of character balance in USF4. Also didn't like that the game essentially devolved into getting in & spamming lights, or what Focus Attack wound up doing to the neutral game.

I just can't go back to all that. Yes, SFV has its problems, but at least its problems can and will be alleviated over time. USF4 is what it was - it was the culmination of 5-6 years of SF4 iteration. The problems were always going to remain at its core. If the whole community just went back to USF4, i'd probably just give up on Street Fighter & focus on Tekken.

mbpm1

USFIV always had more interesting things to try and beat. Well, frustrating, but also interesting. Trying to understand complex situations like that could be fun.

The notion of SFIV having a semblance of good game design or well-thought out balance...

Did you keep loosing to Elena and complain that you couldn't do anything?
I expect that more from you given your rampant kneejerk bitching and moaning.

Elena was the least of SFIV's concerns either way from a design standpoint, and Dhalsim didn't have to worry about her healing shenanigans anyways.

Lack of well-thought out balance is a Capcom hallmark at this point.
There's truth to that and yet SFIV is still one of the worst offenders throughout the entire mainline series, which is damning in itself.

Pompadour

Once SF6 comes out people will admit V is balanced.

If SFV was designed as a response to the bitching about SF4, in SF6: every character will have a fireball and an invincible reversal, somehow both jump ins and anti-airs will be nerfed, the damage would be lower than in an ASW game, and Capcom will claim there's 0 frames of lag and Gootecks will believe them.

Alchemist

Was it the "failed to retrieve" error? Cause you DO get the points for those, it just didn't fetch the data in time to show you.
Check back in a minute or two and it should be updated.

Didn't update. I went from a 6 win streak to 8 and my next opponent said I was still on 6

FluxWaveZ

Was it the "failed to retrieve" error? Cause you DO get the points for those, it just didn't fetch the data in time to show you.
Check back in a minute or two and it should be updated.

Nah, that's not true anymore. It used to be when everything was busted to hell, but now if you get an 80006, you're very likely either not winning those points or losing them.

I think the number of matches I have under my FluxWaveZ CFN is a reason for why I've been getting some of these problems, because my new FluxWaveX account fares better.

Nah, that's not true anymore. It used to be when everything was busted to hell, but now if you get an 80006, you're very likely either not winning those points or losing them.

I think the number of matches I have under my FluxWaveZ CFN is a reason for why I've been getting some of these problems, because my new FluxWaveX account fares better.
LongElaborateAgama.gif

Skilletor

Hey unlike in V, there were wake up options and a huge roster that had diversity in tournaments.

More commenting on how you bitch about things in this game that are easy to beat, but want to call out complaining about Elena. :)

and yeah, by the time Elena was added, the game was out for like 6 years, lol.

ElFly

Hey unlike in V, there were wake up options and a huge roster that had diversity in tournaments.

but at this point of SF4 we were in pain for having to pay for Super again

sf4 in gral was trash tho. it had some fun new characters -read, Hakan- but system wise it was a huge mess

If SFV was designed as a response to the bitching about SF4, in SF6: every character will have a fireball and an invincible reversal, somehow both jump ins and anti-airs will be nerfed, the damage would be lower than in an ASW game, and Capcom will claim there's 0 frames of lag and Gootecks will believe them.

Gootecks will become EVO champ

Believe

A thought just occurred to me.

There are surprisingly few characters in SF that use weapons.

The ones off the top of my head that do are Rolento, Maki, Eagle and Sodom. Vega/Claw technically counts.

The rest only use them for particular special moves (Birdie) or as part of their supers/ultras/etc (Cody).

mbpm1

The ones off the top of my head that do are Rolento, Maki, Eagle and Sodom. Vega/Claw technically counts.

The rest only use them for particular special moves (Birdie) or as part of their supers/ultras/etc (Cody).

Winners don't do weapons

Pompadour

My only interest in Street Fighter's lore is find out why this tournament allows weapons (Rolento uses grenades!) and why so few of the fighters use them.

Cody also got his knife.
Decapre has her psyco-blades (EDIT: Several of the dolls use weapons, in fact).
And poison has her whip, if you count that as a weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom