• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Winners don't do weapons
This isn't the 80s anymore.

Don't forget Geki
Didn't even know that character existed lol.

My only interest in Street Fighter's lore is find out why this tournament allows weapons (Rolento uses grenades!) and why so few of the fighters use them.
I think it stopped being an actual tournament and more of a "people get together and fight cause reasons" thing since SF4.

Ucchedavāda;235606579 said:
Cody also got his knife.
Decapre has her psyco-blades.
And poison has her whip, if you count that as a weapon.
Oh yes, this is true. Would like to see more weapon users in SF, I feel like there's a lot of untapped potential there.

Pompadour

I think it stopped being an actual tournament and more of a "people get together and fight cause reasons" thing since SF4.

Even still, Vega was in the SF2 tournament and uses his claw (but the tournament was ran by Bison so I guess that explains that).

I guess Street Fighter lore is airtight.

Even still, Vega was in the SF2 tournament and uses his claw (but the tournament was ran by Bison so I guess that explains that).

I guess Street Fighter lore is airtight.

Street Fighter has the best lores, just fantastic.

EDIT: Oh wait, wasn't Satsuki one of the rumoured characters for S2? She could be a weapon user!

I don't think there's anything against straight up weapons. SF1, SF2, SF3, and SF4 were the only actual tournaments, and Geki, Vega, and the FF crew had a few weapons on them. I think the only thing is that guns aren't allowed.

Street Fighter has the best lores, just fantastic.

EDIT: Oh wait, wasn't Satsuki one of the rumoured characters for S2? She could be a weapon user!

One of the S2 figures does look like they are carrying something, but it is of course hard to tell by the silhouettes.

I don't think there's anything against straight up weapons. SF1, SF2, SF3, and SF4 were the only actual tournaments, and Geki, Vega, and the FF crew had a few weapons on them. I think the only thing is that guns aren't allowed.

One of the dolls uses guns, so it is not without precedent.

MrCarter

The notion of SFIV having a semblance of good game design or well-thought out balance...

lol that frog.

Pompadour

Ucchedavāda;235609585 said:
I doubt it, and it's not like even have to be a misdirect.
People still got it wrong even after the season 1 characters got data-mined:

Yeah, the silhouettes don't mean much.

Ucchedavāda;235609585 said:
I doubt it, and it's not like even have to be a misdirect.
People still got it wrong even after the season 1 characters got data-mined:

Still though it was actually enough that they correctly guessed all the characters, even though mismatched with some of the silhouettes. Is it just a coincidence to getting all DLC characters added correct?

Village

I think he might be part of the list, but the final one is probably Garuda.

I think the people who keep saying its garuda, is going to be wildly disappointing.

Espically considering ( He's been in a street fighter game before, and playable whether it was EX or not , and people keep pretending like that didn't happen.)

If we're getting EX crossovers, I wonder what possessed them to choose Garuda of all folks.

Only three characters are confirmed so far, and he's the most iconic out of all them in regards to FEL. Kairi is way too close to Akuma and Hoktuo isn't as necessary because we already have a counter character.

Garuda is a shoto with more range on his specials but no fireball, so it's a good midway point for FL players and SF players.

I think the people who keep saying its garuda, is going to be wildly disappointing.

It might not be, but the shadows kinda match his new CFN design. Could be a brand new character, or it could be a cross over to help promote FEL.

Dartastic

I think I need a kinda training partner to help me learn how to improve at this point. I've got just over 3100 BP, and I feel like I'm in a sorta limbo where I'm okay, but not good? Like, I don't know what specifically to focus on to improve at this point and it's frustrating. :(

I think I need a kinda training partner to help me learn how to improve at this point. I've got just over 3100 BP, and I feel like I'm in a sorta limbo where I'm okay, but not good? Like, I don't know what specifically to focus on to improve at this point and it's frustrating. :(

Do you watch your past matches?

Ucchedavāda;235617664 said:
The selection of characters was based on data-mining of one of the betas:

Oh shit I forgot about that, I thought peeps were guessing from the silhouettes too. Thanks for the reminder my friend!

Ryce

If we're getting EX crossovers, I wonder what possessed them to choose Garuda of all folks.
Garuda is one of EX's main characters, and his deep attraction to Psycho Power and the Satsui no Hado make him a sensible choice for SFV with Ryu, Akuma, M. Bison, and Ed already in the game. I know Skullomania has niche popularity, but he's a Blanka tier character in terms of importance to the lore. The first EX character to cross over into the mainline series is going to be someone significant.

No, I don't. I don't really know HOW to watch my old matches also. I play pretty casually, so I'm not... super, super invested. I do want to get better though.

Go to your fighter profile and check the matches tab. It stores ranked and casual matches. Save whatever replay you want then head to the CFN menu and go to Replays

Watching replays can help you see where you went wrong. Did you anti-air properly? Why did you press a button there? What were you thinking in that situation? Did you properly punish that whiffed DP?

It really can give you an insight into how you normally play or where your flaws might be.

Dartastic

Go into your battle profile and you scroll through the tabs to matches in casual or ranked.

Hop in on the neogaf fighting game discord too, add me to friends and ill play with you if im on. (west coast NA)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1342244

https://discord.gg/0k5FzWm2CUHh8pUV
Joined the Discord. My username is Dartastic, just like my CFN is Dartastic and my PSN name. I'm west coast also; probably won't be able to play until at least 8 or 9 tonight.
Go to your fighter profile and check the matches tab. It stores ranked and casual matches. Save whatever replay you want then head to the CFN menu and go to Replays
I don't mean like, HOW to watch them, haha. I mean, how to really watch for stuff to change, avoid, etc. The physical act of analyzing my own matches. :p

mbpm1

Go into your battle profile and you scroll through the tabs to matches in casual or ranked.

Hop in on the neogaf fighting game discord too, add me to friends and ill play with you if im on. (west coast NA)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1342244

https://discord.gg/0k5FzWm2CUHh8pUV

That discord's actually more of a community for people in that thread instead of a hardcore sfv base discord. You could still join, just know that it won't actually act like a straight up matchmaking one consistently.

I never noticed how many different reeling animations there were in the game.

Just goofing around in training mode with Ken as the dummy, and he reels differently from most of Juri's buttons. stLP causes his head to whip back, stMP causes him to buckle over, stHP twists his entire upper body away from the impact, and so on. It really gives each button weight.

Oh shit I forgot about that, I thought peeps were guessing from the silhouettes too. Thanks for the reminder my friend!

No problem.
In fact, I should probably have included that in the previous post.

That discord's actually more of a community for people in that thread instead of a hardcore sfv base discord. You could still join, just know that it won't actually act like a straight up matchmaking one consistently.

Good point, but I still wanted a way for him to directly message me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom