• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Joined the Discord. My username is Dartastic, just like my CFN is Dartastic and my PSN name. I'm west coast also; probably won't be able to play until at least 8 or 9 tonight.

I don't mean like, HOW to watch them, haha. I mean, how to really watch for stuff to change, avoid, etc. The physical act of analyzing my own matches. :p
I don't watch my own replays because I'm not a good student but if I did do self-analysis I'd do it like this:

1. Defence

Where did I take unnecessary damage? Am I failing to block jumping attacks? Do I get hit by cross ups a lot? Or am I getting hit on the ground? Do I get thrown all the time? Am I doing unsafe attacks at bad ranges and getting punished? What is my opponent doing to me when I wake up and am I making good choices in that situation?

2. Offence

Am I reacting and punishing their mistakes? Am I doing reasonably strong combos that fit the situation or am I leaving a lot of damage on the table? You don't have to know how to play optimally but you should master a few combos that strike a balance between good damage and reliable execution.

If you want to play sometime I'm only Ultra Silver but I might be able to help in some way. I'm east coast though and don't stay up late at all.

Dartastic

I don't watch my own replays because I'm not a good student but if I did do self-analysis I'd do it like this:

1. Defence

Where did I take unnecessary damage? Am I failing to block jumping attacks? Do I get hit by cross ups a lot? Or am I getting hit on the ground? Do I get thrown all the time? Am I doing unsafe attacks at bad ranges and getting punished? What is my opponent doing to me when I wake up and am I making good choices in that situation?

2. Offence

Am I reacting and punishing their mistakes? Am I doing reasonably strong combos that fit the situation or am I leaving a lot of damage on the table? You don't have to know how to play optimally but you should master a few combos that strike a balance between good damage and reliable execution.
All good points. Thanks.
Well yesterday I almost made it to ultra plat and today I've done nothing but lose. God I hate this fucking game.
That sounds fun! Wanna play later, bop me super bad, and tell me how I can improve? :p

Lulubop

It ain't gonna be no Garudia. That can't even get their game off the ground. Eds silhouette is different because his playable form is likely aged. Azam might look different playable too. Ain't gonna be no Garuda, I'd avatar bet that.

Next character is Abigail from Final Fight tho

Aside from Final Fight, the only cross over I see is with a Rival School character.

It ain't gonna be no Garudia. That can't even get their game off the ground. Eds silhouette is different because his playable form is likely aged. Azam might look different playable too. Ain't gonna be no Garuda, I'd avatar bet that.

Next character is Abigail from Final Fight tho

Aside from Final Fight, the only cross over I see is with a Rival School character.

Wait, I know Fang said he's growing quickly since SFIV but the story in SFV is current time with well...SFV.

Ryce

SFV S2 is after S1 chronologically. This is why Kolin has powers.
Kolin uses her powers on Nash's forehead in a story mode cutscene. She was even intended to be an initial playable character, but Capcom didn't have time to include her. Also, her character story takes place before or during the events of S1 (Guile is still looking for Nash). There's nothing that suggests she exists in some future timeline separate from the rest of the cast.

SFV S2 is after S1 chronologically. This is why Kolin has powers.

I shouldn't be able to play as Nash then. Maybe that's why Capcom nerffed him so hard.

Speaking of Ed once more, if anything, I'm 100% sure they'll update the details of his look. All he had was a plain gray hoodie and plain sweat pants. Only Ryu can get away with that.

Kolin uses her powers on Nash's forehead in a story mode cutscene. She was even intended to be an initial playable character, but Capcom didn't have time to include her.

Helen and Kolin have different powers, Helen gets revealed as Kolin at the end of the S1 story and receives her ice powers from gill then.

Gill gave her ice powers before. She fights Guile with them in her prologue, which is set before the game's events.

She has other powers too, or some shit. I don't know. But she knew Gill the whole time and was working with him behind the scenes. The ending was shown to have her shift to her true personality.

Ryce

Helen gets revealed as Kolin at the end of the S1 story and receives her ice powers from gill then.
Kolin fights Guile with her ice powers before the events of S1.

All we see in the ending is Gill using his own powers to symbolically "transform" Kolin into his servant after she proved her loyalty to him. Nothing about the cutscene implies that it's the exact moment Kolin receives her powers. She could have very well been given her ice powers after nearly dying in the snow and meeting Gill for the first time.

Scamming points with this Urien on ranked like

giphy.gif

Shadoken

I shouldn't be able to play as Nash then. Maybe that's why Capcom nerffed him so hard.

Speaking of Ed once more, if anything, I'm 100% sure they'll update the details of his look. All he had was a plain gray hoodie and plain sweat pants. Only Ryu can get away with that.

You cant.

You need to be a necromancer like Bonchan to summon him.

Rymuth

A thought just occurred to me.

There are surprisingly few characters in SF that use weapons.

The ones off the top of my head that do are Rolento, Maki, Eagle and Sodom. Vega/Claw technically counts.

The rest only use them for particular special moves (Birdie) or as part of their supers/ultras/etc (Cody).
Vega is the poster boy for this. He would've used a tank if given the opportunity

https://youtu.be/r5I4aq1KGOM

Sayad

A thought just occurred to me.

There are surprisingly few characters in SF that use weapons.

The ones off the top of my head that do are Rolento, Maki, Eagle and Sodom. Vega/Claw technically counts.

The rest only use them for particular special moves (Birdie) or as part of their supers/ultras/etc (Cody).
Ibuki is pretty open about using weapons and Balrog probably wouldn't mind too.

You might not want to be so open about pirating DLC on gaf. ;p

I took it off, kinda scared Capcom found me breaking a rule lol, already got punish once for using 1 round survival, knowing them they ban me just to be ha see we ban people, yet some dude with a bot been there forever still no bans..

Sayad

I took it off, kinda scared Capcom found me breaking a rule lol, already got punish once for using 1 round survival, knowing them they ban me just to be ha see we ban people, yet some dude with a bot been there forever still no bans..
Have they even banned anyone?! TA says they just deleted his CFN account and he could make a new one with the same account using the same CFN name! All they ever did was take away FM, I don't think banning/black listing is implemented yet in CFN. :D

I really hate the new animated emotes Twitch has tied to bit donations. Especially since the top donation is slapped on top of the chat in perpetuity.

Yeah, I really wanna see some grody dude expressing his OH face at all times.

Kaik1y6.gif

Ughhh

FluxWaveZ

I was looking at Injustice 2 breakdown videos to get a better idea of the cast and who I might want to play, and everyone was zoners. I don't think there's any playstyle I've seen which has particularly compelled me, so I'll probably just go with aesthetics like I always do.

Well that stuff is common so not really worth pointing out at this point.

To be fair, what's in that video is basically Zangief in a nutshell, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom