• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
akuma is supposed to be a glass canon

What does that even mean? I can do more damage with less button input without spending anything with other characters than Akuma. The only thing he has is style points.

Compare that to Zangief in USF4 with his red focus attack combo.

FluxWaveZ

Probably next tuesday so they can build up a little hype for the beta next weekend

But the day isn't over yet

The beta start on the 11th and we're just a week away. I doubt the hype would be that much stronger by showing a trailer just two days before it than a week before it.

There's value in players finding stuff out for themselves and sharing their own media if the plan is for it to go down on May 11th, but that's not a great move when we already get little in terms of new content for the game, and players desperately try to grasp onto anything new.

Not to mention the fact that the new character was supposed to be released last month, and now we're in a situation where we might not even get a new character this month.

FluxWaveZ

Hurry up, Edward.

DcfdTXi.jpg

Blueblur1

I wonder if it's because of Golden Week that Capcom (JP) doesn't want to push anything out.

Great point. I don't doubt it all. Its obvious that Capcom JP is running the show. I bet (a) Capcom JP employees are taking time off, (b) they feel they won't get enough eyeballs because people in Japan are out shopping, traveling, etc. during Golden Week, or (c) a mixture of a & b.

mbpm1

No, 31st.

Btw you opened up a real can of worms on gaming side with that NRS animation video lol. It's been a good and informative discussion (mostly) so thanks.

I didn't post it to gaming, just the original , but it's good that it's going around

Skilletor

Fixed. Many characters in SFV do much more damage and got much more health... Perhaps Akuma is paying some super vagina tax and we don't know it (yet).

The type of style that Akuma should have just doesn't work in this game yet. There's no reason for the penalty on his health. If his vtrig were better, I could see it.

Once SF6 comes out people will admit V is balanced.
SFV is relatively balanced. Even with all my complaining about Ken, I've stated multiple times they just switched around the tiers and now even more characters are viable. My issue is, we had relative balance even in S1, where the top of the heap just needed small adjustments to moves and abilities that were being abused.

Always a new character winning in tourney days even with "cheap" Mika. Chun despite being unanimously considered the best, never won tourney's. They settled for half the cast being great and fun and the other have been good, if they would have mostly buffed, I'm pretty sure they could have reached VF5 level balanced where 90% of the cast is great. Along with that, and the sparse updates, and low amount of modes, SFV is a great achievement from Capcom. The base game is lightyears ahead, but in all honesty they are moving at a snail pace to improve upon it, 2 years, it should already have 35 characters, 4-5 modes for casual & online players, and big tie ins to garner hype like a Dante from DMC or characters from Sonys IP.

SF2 was the biggest thing ever because of its gameplay yes, but today, games have expanded so much, you have to offer a lot of content to please a wider user base. By virtue of the competition being so much higher, it's a must. SFV should have launched this year with 25 characters, Arcade, Training, Would-Tour, Survival, Battle Lounge, and MP modes, one new character every month after release, and waaaaaaaaay more costumes than what's available with more customization over them.

If I was at the helm, I would have just delayed the game and sold a $30, digital only beta.

akuma has low health because he has a shitton of options.
Fireball, multiple hit fireball without ex, air fireball, demon flip, 2 overheads, parry, +3ob cc that also hits crouching and crumples, bHp aa, invincible reversal ex, invincible reversal in vtrigger, 2 ultras.
If he gets 900, cammy and karin should honestly get more hp too

And just to add, the Amazon reviews are horrible! Yes, some salty X1 fanboys obviously are a part of it, but it's such a big screw up on Capcom to treat my favorite franchise of all time like this. Makes my tummy hurt when I see people bash the game ;0(

My only rebuttal is, 'it's gameplay is great'

I really hope Sneakers is speaking from a balanced perspective when he bigs up the direction Capcom is taking it though. They really need more than just a few characters. Just good QoL improvements but a much much faster paced Capcom please.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I installed the Windows 10 Creator update today (why the fuck did i do that?) and now SFV runs in slow motion. Anyone know a solution other than rolling back to previous Windows?

Producer

Fireball, multiple hit fireball without ex, air fireball, demon flip, 2 overheads, parry, +3ob cc that also hits crouching and crumples, bHp aa, invincible reversal ex, invincible reversal in vtrigger, 2 ultras.

no limbs though

ElFly

oh yeah poor cammy who has no options and no walkspeed either

Tokido said if Akuma had a better fireball, that's all he'd need to be complete. I like that idea, but I don't know enough Akuma to call that.

Great point. I don't doubt it all. Its obvious that Capcom JP is running the show. I bet (a) Capcom JP employees are taking time off, (b) they feel they won't get enough eyeballs because people in Japan are out shopping, traveling, etc. during Golden Week, or (c) a mixture of a & b.

Additionally, the media team just got done with Marvel. They probably didn't want to run into GW and track metrics, put up a tutorial video, blog post, trailer, hype gifs, and more with the team being gone.

A teaser letting us know when to expect it would have been nice. I don't mind the vacation thing, but just wet people's whistles.

Then again, maybe that'd make people more angry.

SFV is relatively balanced. Even with all my complaining about Ken, I've stated multiple times they just switched around the tiers and now even more characters are viable. My issue is, we had relative balance even in S1, where the top of the heap just needed small adjustments to moves and abilities that were being abused.

Always a new character winning in tourney days even with "cheap" Mika. Chun despite being unanimously considered the best, never won tourney's. They settled for half the cast being great and fun and the other have been good, if they would have mostly buffed, I'm pretty sure they could have reached VF5 level balanced where 90% of the cast is great. Along with that, and the sparse updates, and low amount of modes, SFV is a great achievement from Capcom. The base game is lightyears ahead, but in all honesty they are moving at a snail pace to improve upon it, 2 years, it should already have 35 characters, 4-5 modes for casual & online players, and big tie ins to garner hype like a Dante from DMC or characters from Sonys IP.

SF2 was the biggest thing ever because of its gameplay yes, but today, games have expanded so much, you have to offer a lot of content to please a wider user base. By virtue of the competition being so much higher, it's a must. SFV should have launched this year with 25 characters, Arcade, Training, Would-Tour, Survival, Battle Lounge, and MP modes, one new character every month after release, and waaaaaaaaay more costumes than what's available with more customization over them.

If I was at the helm, I would have just delayed the game and sold a $30, digital only beta.

Yeah, the speed coupled with the CPT stuff ruining the timing is making things off. And the content should have been better.

But ain't nobody reaching VF levels of balance. That game is just systematically on a different level. SFV, and from what I hear about Tekken 7, are just a tier or two below it.

Which is more than I can say for other games.

mbpm1

Tokido said if Akuma had a better fireball, that's all he'd need to be complete. I like that idea, but I don't know enough Akuma to call that.

That's really all I was looking for when I played akuma. Shaved some recovery frames off of one or both fireballs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom