• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edzi

You see I still don't get that. If they commit to a move and it's unsuccessful they should still be able to be punished for it regardless of it being a dp or not. Not rewarded. In SFV although V-bar is built quickly the way they use the V-Trigger (depending on the player) is what makes or breaks the "comeback" factor but in SFIV one hit from a scrubby ultra you lose almost half of your life. I appreciate you explaining it to me but I don't think I'll ever like that games system man lol.

lol have you ever played a Balrog with V-Trigger?

Shadoken

Blame Woshige

At least Guilty Gear has defensive mechanics to help deal with all the shit coming at you lol

I am telling you guys , its a conspiracy. Woshige and his Anime buddies purposely infiltrated the SF dev team and planted the seed of Anime in the game. While doing a poor job of the balance.

Now that the pure SF honest fanbase have tasted the anime mixups , they will want to play anime games where defensive options actually exist.

MrCarter

The same thing can happen with one hit into a VT cancel in V.

With certain characters yes, but you still need to learn how to block and anticipate when your character does this. With SFIV I felt ultras were way too spammy and rewarded the character too much for receiving damage. This is all my personally opinion by the way, I like certain aspects of what SFIV did and had fun watching while it lasted but it's just not for me.

mbpm1

With certain characters yes, but you still need to learn how to block and anticipate when your character does this. With SFIV I felt ultras were way too spammy and rewarded the character too much for receiving damage. This is all my personally opinion by the way, I like certain aspects of what SFIV did and had fun watching while it lasted but it's just not for me.

You get rewarded for receiving damage here too.

Floe put it best. You're more afraid of the person without life than you are with the person with it. The person with life has no v-meter and the person without it has v-trigger cancels and can't be chipped. With Ultras you can spend it and be gone, but with some characters in this game you activate, get a huge combo, and get a continued power up that can actually allow previous scrubby play to become overbearing. Also if you're necalli you just become a better character forever lol

Edzi

In my short time with USF4 (which I'll admit doesn't mean much since I was a total scrub at the time and only played Ryu), I at the very least felt like I got beaten by superior play online. In SFV, I'm always salty because it feels like I got scrubbed out by top tier shenanigans or guessing wrong over and over. Hell, I even get punished for correct reads in this game.

Shadoken

I think what McCarter is getting at is that in SFIV , literally every char can do a random ultra and get a boatload of damage.
In SFV however only certain chars can get that same damage.

But here is where the argument falls apart. In SFIV , ultras were HEAVILY punishable on block. In SFV blocked VTC is plus on block or at worst -3.

MrCarter

You get rewarded for receiving damage here too.

Floe put it best. You're more afraid of the person without life than you are with the person with it. The person with life has no v-meter and the person without it has v-trigger cancels and can't be chipped.

Not as much as SFIV.

I agreed what Floe said and I've felt the same while playing the game, which is why I believe a better defensive mechanic has to be in place. They should revert back the grey-bar life back to S1 too.

mbpm1

I think we all just want more either way. Capcom moves slow though, even if the things I've been hearing about SFV's future is true. We have another year of this.

Shadoken

I hope to god S2.1 has some more meaningful changes , otherwise I am done with this season. They are just intentionally being arrogant.

MrCarter

True. I don't think the game is in a particular bad state (outside of content issues) but not releasing the new 2.1 patch and going back to the drawing board regarding thier philosophy of balance didn't really help matters. SFIV took 6 years to get to a overall "balanced" package so I certainly think SFV can do this much sooner considering how S1 resonated very well with everyone.

If you play Alex or Juri, it's not going to get better. If you want more defense it's not going to get better unless you have a DP.

If you are a mid tier character you'll probably get to have more fun with the buffs. But if you don't like Rog that ain't changing.

mbpm1

If you play Alex or Juri, it's not going to get better. If you want more defense it's not going to get better unless you have a DP.

If you are a mid tier character you'll probably get to have more fun with the buffs. But if you don't like Rog that ain't changing.

Juri has a dp tho

Juri is eternal booty so she doesn't count
And Beta 1 did not. Shit was stupid, damage was worse, and people were thinking that SFV was busted if it released like that.

MrCarter

I can't wait to see Vega shenanigans.

S1 resonated well with everyone? More like Beta 1 did.

In comparison to S2 it was fun and apparently balanced. Floe even said that in his BornFree interview.

Mizerman

Juri is eternal booty so she doesn't count
And Beta 1 did not. Shit was stupid, damage was worse, and people were thinking that SFV was busted if it released like that.

Yeah, folks were complaining a lot about Beta 1.

I know you guys all hate SFV and everything but I made it to Top 8 in this online tournament. For anyone interested to watch, I'm Launchpad, although I'm against Gibbygreatness first so I'm probably going straight out lol.

Break a leg.

Kashiwaba

Playing against Balrog is not fun at all. He is not impossible to beat, but to beat him i have to work really hard and out play him 5 or 6 times while if i make 2 wrong guesses the round is lost. It's just too exhausting.

Playing against be Balrog is not fun at all. He is not impossible to beat, but to beat him i have to work really hard and out play him 5 or 6 times while if i make 2 wrong guesses the round is lost. It's just too exhausting.

If you can't beat 'em join 'em.

I'm gonna start playing Rog

Skilletor

Good thing Capcom is so lazy and never updates their Trials so you can relieve all of the old versions...in piecemeal

It's not like that many new combos are possible. Most of the trials probably still work and coming up with new trials within this combo system would be hard for the majority of the cast.

the damage I got for comboing into an ultra is the same damage I get for doing st.MK V-Trigger

except with V-Trigger I also get a mixup afterwards

Balrog cr.MK TC -> VT -> Full corner carry -> 50-60% -> st.HK or grab -> one more hit then stun -> thanks for playing yall

mbpm1

the damage I got for comboing into an ultra is the same damage I get for doing st.MK V-Trigger

except with V-Trigger I also get a mixup afterwards

Balrog cr.MK TC -> VT -> Full corner carry -> 50-60% -> st.HK or grab -> one more hit then stun -> thanks for playing yall

Don't you get hard knockdown on ultra tho? You can set things up

Yeah I'm really pleased with my performance. It's my first Top 8 in this weekly after 4 attempts. Got a lot left to learn but very pleased with my progress.

Watch over your last match and see what you did wrong. Many people forget to do that. I gotta remind myself when I play this weekend even when I get my shit rocked.

Bob White

I hope to god S2.1 has some more meaningful changes , otherwise I am done with this season. They are just intentionally being arrogant.

I'm honestly feeling the same way.

In the same boat. And I'm coming from a place of salt and "buff my character!". Nothing like that at all, I just don't like what I'm playing. I hate someone getting v trigger and footies/neutral going out the window. Just not for me.

MrCarter

Likely played that game more than any other in my entire life..maybe MKII, but I doubt it. Met my girl playing that shit..😁

The real question is are you still together? :p

I was very young when this game was released but played the hell out of it on the SNES in the later years. Definitely deserves that accolade because without that game we wouldn't be getting a lot of these fighters out today.

The real question is are you still together? :p

I was very young when this game was released but played the hell out of it on the SNES in the later years. Definitely deserves that accolade because without that game we wouldn't be getting a lot of these fighters out today.

Absolutely..😁. Still play Street Fighter weekly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom