• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

eggandI

Banned
Bro, with how much you shit on this game In other threads I can't believe you're still playing it 🙂

i dont even shit on this game much.. anymore

and i still play cause of the usual, friends all playing it. it's hard to go back to old shit when all your friends are on that new stuff. luckily everyone will be picking up marvel in september

we already saw what season 2.1 has to offer.
You are setting yourself up for major disappointment. I'd like for there to be more, but at this point it wouldn't surprise me if they delayed the balance update until after EVO without adding anything new at all. They really seemed uncomfortable with the idea of touching the game more than once a year even if people were thirsting for changes. It shows in how small the 2.5 changes were imo.

mbpm1

Meh I've seen worse, most important thing is that there are discussions taking place so I don't entirely mind if it's negative or not. Capcom's not helping matters either...just announce ED already!

My belief that it's not ed is what keeps me going

Skilletor

You'll be back to playing and complaining about SFV after a week
mjcry1.png

Not with Answer being so dope.

I hang out on SF thread because y'all my peeps, lol.

Mizerman

Rev 2 and Tekken 7 in the same month.

We're being taken out of the SFV ghetto
rejoice.png

Just because I'll be playing T7 (It's Tekken), doesn't mean SFV is leaving my eyes. Hell,I might not even play Injustice 2 as much after it's out.

Bro, with how much you shit on this game In other threads I can't believe you're still playing it 🙂

Seriously. I know if I didn't like a game, I would be washing my hands of it.

He's been dead since 97

Dammit.

I'll buy Injustice 2 to be a casual. I'll buy Tekken because I love me some Tekken but I'll never invest enough time to be competent. I'lll buy GG so I can mash in that too. I'm spending all my time in SFV, Marvel, and Gundam. That's already over my limit but I'll make it work.

It's the same concept as him dashing normally. He can low profile stuff like Ryu's tatsu but it's very hard to line up.

Too bad Capcom doesn't care.

Isn't there an upgrade discount for gg? I'll probably end up doing this.

The part where he said matches are played either like this |.| or like this |.........| was so true. As was much of everything else he said.

I've always loved Tekken but have never been great at it. I'm gonna really commit myself to getting okay at it. At least until they make some big changes to SF5. If they ever do.

mbpm1

No greater feeling other than doing that to a Rog or Laura

The CC hit sounds a little sweeter when you hit them.

It's great how Kolin's cr. mk completely low-profiles Urien's headbutts.

Beat him by cr. mk under his desperation ex one round, and then punishing. Wish I could have seen the look on his face.

Yudoken

I'm fully confident that the pc version is going to be the best version without a doubt (despite the missing jukebox and retro costumes/vr mode).
Despite Harada and most of his team being fans of pc gaming it is the franchise pc debut and most of my friends (a lot of them play SF very casually) enjoyed Tekken on console and are going to buy it thanks to it's content and good graphics/gameplay.
They love that they can do combos simply by mashing buttons which makes Tekken much more beginner friendly.

The pc version looked and ran fantastically when it was first playable about a year ago (and on later events) and they're going to show a recent version in Australia soon (4k pc and PS4).

Without a doubt Tekken 7 will finally be a good alternative for most fighting game fans and especially for Street Fighter V players on pc.

I don't think there is any hope that they're going to completely fix the major issues even with the new update.

There's just too much wrong and way, WAY to less action and communication about it.

mbpm1

trying to just learn and practice deciphering opponent's patterns now. It's super hard unless you're fighting limited characters like alex but kinda cool to figure out

Producer

It's great how Kolin's cr. mk completely low-profiles Urien's headbutts.

Did not know that . Man i gotta say though urien is my least fav mu by far for kolin. I feel like kolin cant do anything about his stuff except his knee drop. Like even his fireball, she sucks against it. Unless im completely missing something

Edzi

Did not know that . Man i gotta say though urien is my least fav mu by far for kolin. I feel like kolin cant do anything about his stuff except his knee drop. Like even his fireball, she sucks against it. Unless im completely missing something

Kolin can't handle fireballs period.

FluxWaveZ

Weird, back when I played Kolin, I felt it was the opposite. V-Skill does wonders to his long limbs and air approaches. Heavy counter does wonders against his knee drops. His FBs are pretty much a non-issue: neutral jump or EX Vanity Step through (or cancel with hail, if you're fancy). And then there's her cr.MK which low profiles his EX headbutt cleanly, and is +1 if he didn't go for it.

Good stuff all around.

mbpm1

It's not great, but it's better than guile. Of course, my opinion might change if I could find Uriens that will actually respect and consistently punish the v-skill.

Kolin can't handle fireballs period.

yeah, she either take a big risk (jump) or an even bigger one (dash punch).

Producer

Weird, back when I played Kolin, I felt it was the opposite. V-Skill does wonders to his long limbs and air approaches. Heavy counter does wonders against his knee drops. His FBs are pretty much a non-issue: neutral jump or EX Vanity Step through (or cancel with hail, if you're fancy). And then there's her cr.MK which low profiles his EX headbutt cleanly, and is +1 if he didn't go for it.

Good stuff all around.

Yeah, i guess my problem is i rarely use her vskill. But the low profile on ex headbutt definately is useful to know.

remz

If you really wanna swag you can high counter EX headbutt, but it kinda requires you to have the read.

Kolin cal also EX mid counter between the two hits of tackle, but I've never been able to reacc fast enough to do it

EX Dash punch is also handy against Uriens that try to turtle behind the aegis.
So satisfying zooming past the aigis to land a KO hit on turtle urien

Edzi

I foresee Kolin's V-Skill getting a nerf once people start getting better with her. It recovers way too fast (on whiff and block) considering how good and spammable it is, and I've had Kolins punish me clean after I jump over it.

EDIT: Just got double perfected by a super diamond Balrog who didn't hold back once. Fuck. This. Game.

Producer

I foresee Kolin's V-Skill getting a nerf once people start getting better with her. It recovers way too fast (on whiff and block) considering how good and spammable it is, and I've had Kolins punish me clean after I jump over it.

EDIT: Just got double perfected by a super diamond Balrog who didn't hold back once. Fuck. This. Game.

Lol. Still playing? invite

Any room for one more? CFN: Alumnus

Edit: Ahh the games were really laggy on my end. I'll have to try again with you guys another time. GGs though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom