• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Csr

I wonder if instead of lowering damage they introduce a burst (combo breaker) mechanic which spends v-bar or critical bar similar to MVCI.

the damage I got for comboing into an ultra is the same damage I get for doing st.MK V-Trigger

except with V-Trigger I also get a mixup afterwards

Balrog cr.MK TC -> VT -> Full corner carry -> 50-60% -> st.HK or grab -> one more hit then stun -> thanks for playing yall

Like I said earlier, Zangief can do 600+ damage pressing two buttons without spending meter and then getting a stun vs Usf4 gief doing his red focus ex green hand combo that does less damage.

Resource management and damage in SFV is just bad.

Bob White

I want a way to "empower" my next block. Like, I know something derp is coming that the game deems "safe" by way of push back. I want that move to leave you close enough to punish or start my turn.

Shit, even have the empowered block cost meter AND v meter. Even make the shit abuse-able by letting people STILL correctly space buttons and specials out with proper care. I don't care. I just want "spacing" to be something people actually consider. Instead of just "derp, I throw out move. move naturally keeps me safe!"

And f champ is spot on about the dashes.

Hyun Sai

F.Champ with no (Balrog) gloves :

"You can't tell Daigo, Tokido, Infiltration to get better...they are "better". SF5 fundamentally goes against all of the core principles of Street Fighter (neutral game, footsies, etc) and just caters to brainless offense and 50/50 mixups"

If you thought Bonchan interview was harsh, don't watch this one...

MrCarter

Lol Fchamp goes in hard on sfv in the latest bornfree interview.

Saw this earlier, he says SFV has that one 50/50 that can lead into a ton of damage (which it can) but then again he was a big UMvC3 player with X-Factor that literally ended an entire team in seconds. I definitely disagree with him on dashes and evicting the priority system but that's expected from a Marvel player lol. E-League stuff I heard was amazing - they really give players the first class treatment they deserve. Hope it's back next year.

I wonder if instead of lowering damage they introduce a burst (combo breaker) mechanic which spends v-bar or critical bar similar to MVCI.

I mentioned that before too but I'm not so sure now as people might start saying it's too "anime", but I do think they can make V-reversals significantly stronger with maybe two of them - one that gets them off defensively and the other counters offensively. This way, you get to choose between two of them corresponding to what character and move sets you are up against.

Csr

Saw this earlier, he says SFV has that one 50/50 that can lead into a ton of damage (which it can) but then again he was a big UMvC3 player with X-Factor that literally ended an entire team in seconds. I definitely disagree with him on dashes and evicting the priority system but that's expected from a Marvel player lol. E-League stuff I heard was amazing - they really give players the first class treatment they deserve. Hope it's back next year.

I mentioned that before too but I'm not so sure now as people might start saying it's too "anime", but I do think they can make V-reversals significantly stronger with maybe two of them - one that gets them off defensively and the other counters offensively. This way, you get to choose between two of them corresponding to what character and move sets you are up against.

You expect that many 50/50's on a marvel game though and the availability of more options for players in most situations make the guessing game more interesting imo. Many people criticize marvel for some of that stuff though anyway and would prefer if xfactor for some chars was toned down but there was never another marvel patch so...

Yeah some people will not like it but i think most would probably want any kind of new defense mechanic/option .

mbpm1

It's mahvel. If I'm not mistaken you have three characters, so three chances to get ouf of the mixup plus pushblocking + x-factor cancel to help you out.

You could be done in two mixups in sfv, with less of those options.

MrCarter

You expect that many 50/50's on a marvel game though and the availability of more options for players in most situations make the guessing game more interesting imo. Many people criticize marvel for some of that stuff though anyway and would prefer if xfactor for some chars was toned down but there was never another marvel patch so...

Yeah some people will not like it but i think most would probably want any kind of new defense mechanic/option .

Most people definitely want a new or buffed defensive mechanic but I'm not entirely sure they know how they want it yet. I'm pretty sure Capcom have listened to this feedback but I'm worried they might make it too overpowered and erratic like they have done with this recent patch and go too over the top. We'll see with 2.1, they might have made a few more unannounced changes.

KingBroly

Banned
It's mahvel. If I'm not mistaken you have three characters, so three chances to get ouf of the mixup plus pushblocking + x-factor cancel to help you out.

You could be done in two mixups in sfv, with less of those options.

I'd hope MVC:I ends the 'one touch to death' shit that MVC2/3 were known for.

Producer

I'd hope MVC:I ends the 'one touch to death' shit that MVC2/3 were known for.

Those are most likely gone but you are still gonna get mixed up to death if you dont learn how to block or step up your evasion. Evasion and defense...2 things missing/neutered in sf5. God mvci cant come soon enough

Shadoken

How can MvC3 be one touch death?

There are 3 characters on your team. If you are dominating , you would need AT the very least 3 Correct Mixups to win.

Edzi

This thread is the most negative it's ever been. GGs Capcom, you did it. Even the few of us who actually played your game are tired of your BS.

MrCarter

Meh I've seen worse, most important thing is that there are discussions taking place so I don't entirely mind if it's negative or not. Capcom's not helping matters either...just announce ED already!

Those are most likely gone but you are still gonna get mixed up to death if you dont learn how to block or step up your evasion. Evasion and defense...2 things missing/neutered in sf5. God mvci cant come soon enough

If you don't think marvel ain't gonna have its own new bullshit...

Producer

If you don't think marvel ain't gonna have its own new bullshit...

haha yeah of course it will. But there will be ways to defend/escape from those situations im sure. Pushblocking got buffed. No assists means some incoming mixups will maybe not be complete fuckery. Maybe. Meanwhile in sf5 you try to evade by backdashing, well now you are in a counter hit state. Try to escape wakeup pressure because a top tiers bnb leads to oki, guess right or you're gonna have to repeat the same situation again. Now thats bullshit my dude

haha yeah of course it will. But there will be ways to defend/escape from those situations im sure. Pushblocking got buffed. No assists means some incoming mixups will maybe not be complete fuckery. Maybe. Meanwhile in sf5 you try to evade by backdashing, well now you are in a counter hit state. Try to escape wakeup pressure because a top tiers bnb leads to oki, guess right or you're gonna have to repeat the same situation again. Now thats bullshit my dude

And in typical marvel fashion there will be ways around it. And you don't get assists but you definitely get to tag in your partner whenever so that's a whole load of new fuckery. And the gems? Crazy shit is going to come from those gems. Just you wait.

To me, every fighting game has bullshit and dumb stuff. You find that angers you the least. Some people like 4, some people like V, and some people like me deal with the possibility of Gundam Versus buffing the high tiers and leaving everyone in the dust.

Edzi

And in typical marvel fashion there will be ways around it. And you don't get assists but you definitely get to tag in your partner whenever so that's a whole load of new fuckery. And the gems? Crazy shit is going to come from those gems. Just you wait.

To me, every fighting game has bullshit and dumb stuff. You find that angers you the least. Some people like 4, some people like V, and some people like me deal with the possibility of Gundam Versus buffing the high tiers and leaving everyone in the dust.

Do you honestly not see what's wrong or are you just playing devil's advocate for the hell of it?

Kashiwaba

It's the first time since release of SFV, I'm saying this, i can't wait till Injustice 2 or Tekken 7 is out. I'm starting to hate this game i guess I'm getting to the same place where Luce is​ at right now lol.

Do you honestly not see what's wrong or are you just playing devil's advocate for the hell of it?

You need to take a nap.

Edit: Nah, I'll elaborate a little, despite it being pretty obvious. SFV lacks a lot of defensive options. Top tiers get way too much when it comes to mixup city (though, personally there's a bunch of shit people should learn how to deal with because it's completely reactable like Rog's OH if you have a 3f jab - you don't need to guess, you literally just mash that jab and stop the rekkas), I said a bunch of this already the last few pages, and the pages before that. Despite SFV's bullshit, I stick with it, because I like it. I'll do the same with Marvel. People did the same thing with Marvel when it came out despite a ton of problems. That isn't to diminish the problems of SFV, or the ones that people have. It's just a tangent.

If you don't like SFV or what it's doing. support other games. SFV will be here if it changes enough to your liking, and if not, oh well. GG, Gundam, Injustice, Tekken, hell Fighting Layer if it ever comes out will be waiting for you. That isn't to say people can't air their grievances, but personally I'm not going to shit around with a game that makes me unhappy. I dropped DOA for that reason.

Now go lie down.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
My GG Xrd cycle:
Oh fuck yeah that Zato is awesome! I want to play Zato!
God damn it, I can't play Zato for crap.
Maybe when [character] comes out I'll use him/her instead?

Loop ad infinitum.

Currently waiting for Testament after Raven and Dizzy let me down.

You should learn Bedman.

Alchemist

It's the first time since release of SFV, I'm saying this, i can't wait till Injustice 2 or Tekken 7 is out. I'm starting to hate this game i guess I'm getting to the same place where Luce is​ at right now lol.

Rev2 on the 26th as well 🐸☕️

eggandI

Banned
Rev 2 and Tekken 7 in the same month.

We're being taken out of the SFV ghetto
rejoice.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom