• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryce

You know, I'm genuinely surprised that Capcom is (rather anticlimactically) making Ed playable in SFV. Up until the leak, I thought for sure that they would save him to be the big bad of Street Fighter VI.

HardRojo

C_FCRJ0VwAAm3eb.jpg:large
Pretty much what everyone wants to do with Balrog after finding out his only nerf is -25 HP.

Well, we went 10 years w/o a new SF. Somebody that was, say, 15 or 16 when SF4 came out might never have even played a previous SF.

For a very, very large contingent of players, SF4 IS SF to them.

I don't agree with it, but I have to acknowledge that's true when I discuss "what street fighter is" with people.

This makes me feel old and I just turned 28...

Blueblur1

You know, I'm genuinely surprised that Capcom is (rather anticlimactically) making Ed playable in SFV. Up until the leak, I thought for sure that they would save him to be the big bad of Street Fighter VI.

I was thinking along those same lines. It seemed like the perfect way to bring back Bison in a post-SF3/post-Bison world.

DKL

Street Fighter to me is a dude roaming the world and fighting people even if he doesn't have money to support this lifestyle.

DKL

The KBR story

He... still has my friends' scissors :v

But actually, this is a common story.

There was that dude who got stranded in the desert during EVO.

Triforce and Dieminion in Paris.

Etc.

There is a point at which I'm more interested in the FGC lore than I am in the actual games lol

Lulubop

I wanna hear his theme, Kolins was fire.

Best thing about Abigail being potentially the next character is we might get a final fight stage and remix of a final fight song.

Eh, why though? If there is one narrative/lore complaint I can 1000% get behind its that they went back to the Bison well for SFV, when its just tired. I honestly wanted some new antagonistic focus, or a focus on the illuminati for this go around. And while we did get some of that, I thought Bison's overall focus was just tired.

Ed is cool, but he's more of a 'character' than an antagonist.

When the silhouettes were first revealed, I thought #3's hair looked a lot like Abel's. What if this "new" character is Abel being taken over by the Psycho Power like he was in the story mode.

Or perhaps another Bison body.

You just wanna see his body. Admit it.
If he's an upgrade to the scrawny twinky Ed, I'll allow it.

Shadoken

So does every person that uses psycho power.

So does Rose.

Iori w/ boxing gloves, lol. Why would they give Iori boxing gloves, hahahaha.

Thatsthejoke.jpg

There was a lot of ppl who thought Iori was one of the characters back when they first showed it. Which was quite hilarious.

Lulubop

Ucchedavāda;235854745 said:
So what are the odds of Ed leaking (again) before Monday?
I'd say pretty high, myself.

I don't think any character trailer have leak, hell we had to make our own Alex trailer

Ucchedavāda;235854745 said:
So what are the odds of Ed leaking (again) before Monday?
I'd say pretty high, myself.

Promotional assets would have to be out in the wild in order to facilitate a leak. My sources won't even give me a SS - theres no way we see a non-2nd hand leak before monday.

Ucchedavāda;235840111 said:
The first thing I noticed was the stream clipping through Balrog's foot.
This game has got all the clipping.

Looks nice overall, though.

That is honestly the 1st thing you noticed?

I don't think any character trailer have leak, hell we had to make our own Alex trailer
I was more thinking along the lines of something like the Famitsu leak of Laura.

Promotional assets would have to be out in the wild in order to facilitate a leak. My sources won't even give me a SS - theres no way we see a non-2nd hand leak before monday.
"SS"?

That is honestly the 1st thing you noticed?
Pretty much.
The motion of the streams appear to be concentrated around Rog's right foot, and then flow downwards, directing your eyes towards his foot when you glance at the screenshot. And from there I noticed the clipping.

Brian_F and Cool Kid are showing up at tomorrow's tournament, the latter of which is in my pool. I know I'm gonna get it, but I'm excited to play. It's been a while since I hit up a local, and I enjoy the game way more when I'm not playing online.

Also

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom