• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laura Sean-like gi mod
LAURA_GI_COLORS.jpg

MCD250

I feel like fabric looks maybe a little too thin? Gis are usually pretty thick pieces of clothing. Otherwise it's a great concept.

Was about to ask why her haircut's mirrored in a few of the images but then I realized they were probably just taken from the 2P side and flipped to make a more visually-consistent layout.

And now I'm wondering what Laura would've looked like in SFIII. That hair would've made for a pretty clever way to show off CPS3, not unlike Gill and Kolin.

I think that the models they use for the promotional image are higher quality and generally better than the ones we have available in-game for both PS4 and PC.

HappyHolidays00.jpg

Every character looks so much sharper and prettier as compared to the in-game version. Makes one wonder if they'd ever consider releasing them for the PC/Ps4 Pro version.

Daigo seriously needs to switch to Guile. He shouldn't care what other people think and go with a character he does well with and enjoys playing.

Daigo seriously needs to switch to Guile. He shouldn't care what other people think and go with a character he does well with and enjoys playing.

That's why he's not switching over to Guile. He wants to enjoy himself and doesn't have fun playing Guile.

Like, I give him props for sticking with Ryu, but if he wants wins, he's going to either have to grind out those bad matchups and work his ass off or get a pocket boy. Which the latter probably won't be happening.

MCD250

With Laura being top tier now, Capcom's for sure gotta make a more SFW costume for her at some point, right? Can't risk her making top 8 with her current costumes on some tournament that might broadcast on ESPN.

cackhyena

That's why he's not switching over to Guile. He wants to enjoy himself and doesn't have fun playing Guile.

Like, I give him props for sticking with Ryu, but if he wants wins, he's going to either have to grind out those bad matchups and work his ass off or get a pocket boy. Which the latter probably won't be happening.
Homey needs to give Akuma a whirl.

https://youtu.be/Qa2NlXxRnmY

Awaken his inner E Ryu again.

Ah I thought his reasons were that he didn't want to seem like he was picking top tier and that people know him as a Ryu player.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
He does sound a bit like Justin Wong and why he played Rufus. Which was boring and Justin got worse and worse results. So, yeah...

Homey needs to give Akuma a whirl.

https://youtu.be/Qa2NlXxRnmY

Awaken his inner E Ryu again.

God damn at that set.

Tokido please.

Ah I thought his reasons were that he didn't want to seem like he was picking top tier and that people know him as a Ryu player.

Maybe he said that prior, but then he went on a speech about how he wants to enjoy himself and not care even if he loses his sponsorship for losing.

IIRC, he was tipsy, so...

He does sound a bit like Justin Wong and why he played Rufus. Which was boring and Justin got worse and worse results. So, yeah...

To be fair, Rufus is straight boring.

Yeah, Justin was always at his best when he was playing anyone other than Rufus, imo.

Like the time he picked Balrog during the EVO 2009 grand finals just so he could make it a Japan vs. USA spectacle match. That was some good stuff.

Download the Frame Assisted Tool (FAT) app by Jupli. It's excellent. It is free and has everything up to date from move lists, combos and frame data.
I have this but I struggle to tie various moves up without images. I want to find the properties of a move I experience while playing and that's kinda difficult with just a name.

Damn, all of Kolin's costumes look fantastic ingame. Gonna be hard choosing between the story and nostalgia alts; guess it'll come down to which one has a better white & blue or black & red colour palette.

With Laura being top tier now, Capcom's for sure gotta make a more SFW costume for her at some point, right? Can't risk her making top 8 with her current costumes on some tournament that might broadcast on ESPN.

March patch will make that a non-issue

and DaiGOAT is just:
  1. sandbagging for evo
  2. guaranteeing Ryu buffs

MCD250

There are multiple better versions of that costume, so nah.

One gives her jeans

The other one gives her tech stuff so it gives a weird explanation for the electricity besides... living in brazil
"They're from Brazil" is the best explanation for having superpowers in the series tbh.

March patch will make that a non-issue
Can't make top 8 if you get nerfed to oblivion.

Capcom playing the long con.

Village

Artwork of Cody's brother, Kyle just got posted on the CFN. He's blonde (bc of course he is). I kinda think he looks like the 3rd person in the season pass image.

kyle.jpg

http://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/column/131447

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH

LOOK AT THIS DANK ASS HORSE SHIT, I ASKED FOR KYLE AS A JOKE. I WOULD FUND SF6 IF THIS MAN GOT INTO A REAL STREET FIGHTER.

This man is my big the cat, he is the dumbest shit. But I love his stupidity .

Did fireballs in other SF games used to do more chip? I feel like Daigo throws fireballs for 30 seconds and gets like 50 damage for his trouble and then his opponent lands a jump in.

This is just how things work in SFV.

How is this different from any SF game?

Jump ins will always do more damage than the fireball itself.

Always have, always will.

In SF2, if your fireball gets jumped, you LOST THE ENTIRE ROUND.
No exaggeration. You'd get stunned by the jump in combo, then killed by the stun combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom