• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slower, smaller hitbox and hurtbox above hitbox now. It's much worse. I actually jump in on Chun now and beat it regularly.
Good Chun players will go to st.hk more often now.

That means nothing. I've tested it when S2 came out, a lot of people still uses it and the only reason you were able to jump in is because the Chun player keeps mistiming it and doing it very late

MrCarter

Saturday night, I didn't go out tonight, let's play SFV!
No matches, no 4-5 matches to be found, long waiting time between matches... I want to like this game just like I did when it first came out, but it won't let me.
Edit: Got mathed up against an Alex, connection was completely fine but he didn't grant the rematch after I won... Oh well... back to waiting for another match for 10 minutes.
Edit 2: LMAO got a 5 connection match, accepted it but it never connected... this fucking game man...

It's definitely your connection or the infrastructure around your area. I played yesterday from UK to Spain/France and other European's and it was fine.

I saw this yesterday. Very good interview but I think BornFree is being very picky in regards to seeing replays of your matches - all you have to do is go to CFN and view them. The guy giving the interview also needs to do some more research because, as far as we know, Combofiend is still working with SFV as he gave us an update on the S2 balance changes prior to it being released. As for the rest of the interview, I sincerely agree. The UI and functionality of the game definitely needs to improve.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
That means nothing. I've tested it when S2 came out, a lot of people still uses it and the only reason you were able to jump in is because the Chun player keeps mistiming it and doing it very late
If you say so lol
You should tell GO1 and MOV!

Sayad

Daigo went 6-0, hopefully this is enough of an incentive for him to switch to Guile.
Did you test it with Nash?! Nash jump ins are ass, Chun's st.LK hurt box after the nerf is still less exposed than all of Nash's jump ins hurtboxes so it will still beat them clean. This doesn't mean it isn't much worse, any jump in where the hitbox extend under the hurt box should beat it clean and timing doesn't have much to do with it, characters like Gief can jump on Chun for days now long as they're not in back.HK range, st.LK will either trade(in Gief favor) or lose clean to his jump ins.

Daigo went 6-0, hopefully this is enough of an incentive for him to switch to Guile.

Did you test it with Nash?! Nash jump ins are ass, Chun's st.LK hurt box after the nerf is still less exposed than all of Nash's jump ins hurtboxes so it will still beat them clean. This doesn't mean it isn't much worse, any jump in where the hitbox extend under the hurt box should beat it clean and timing doesn't have much to do with it, characters like Gief can jump on Chun for days now long as they're not in back.HK range, st.LK will either trade(in Gief favor) or lose clean to his jump ins.

Who else was I talking about? They nerfed him for no reason
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=230147824&postcount=2257

I've said this before S2. The properties of both AA normals and Jump ins needs to be changed but did the exact opposite so now angry Alex players can safely Jab AA go for whatever mix up they want.

Mr. X

I wish Capcom remembered how jump ins worked. If you do a jump in attack early, you could stuff anti airs out of start up but no combo. You would need to do it deep to combo off jump ins but you would be at risk on being anti aired. Other 2D fighters still have it this way but Capcom seems to like opponent standing top of the head jLK with hella active frames cross up with enough hitstun to be comboable.

Durden77

Still his hit confirm for his BnBs, still a good meaty, still good after an air to air j.LK into crossunder, and combos after counterhit UDK now.

Also, you have 2 extra frames of time you're able to charge during his BnBs now, since s.HP has an 8f startup and is +7 on hit.

Gotcha, preesh thanks for the info. Of course I'm still using it in his bnbs but I know the frame data has changed on it and I have a lot of catching up to do on that front. Sick that it can combo off a ch UDK. God damn UDK is absurd now lol.

What's the general consensus on characters in S2 so far? I keep hearing that Guile is absurd, and he seems that way in a lot of ways. Is he considered the best right now or has that calmed down a bit?

Gotcha, preesh thanks for the info. Of course I'm still using it in his bnbs but I know the frame data has changed on it and I have a lot of catching up to do on that front. Sick that it can combo off a ch UDK. God damn UDK is absurd now lol.

What's the general consensus on characters in S2 so far? I keep hearing that Guile is absurd, and he seems that way in a lot of ways. Is he considered the best right now or has that calmed down a bit?
FANG and Alex suck. You didn't ask but you should know.

DKL

So, I haven't followed the scene in a minute, but my Triforce post in the main forum has made me fondly remember the community.

So like, can someone sum up the latest FGC drama? It's hard to get a grasp of everything, but what I have so far is:

-Haters are apparently getting left behind
-Smug is the king of the west coast
-Alex sucks

Thanks.

Put in that work low tier boys.

You will be rewarded soon.
I wouldn't call further nerfs a reward.

Plus I'm ditching this train when a certain blonde Russian lady shows up.
She's probably gonna be shit too huh.

The thing that keeps me going as an Alex player is that im not playing FANG.

jk I think FANG beats Alex in that matchup.
It's not really in one person's favour IMO. Alex's offense and his neutral is good enough to deal with FANG, and his damage/stun can wreck FANG easily.

While FANG can keep out Alex for pretty much the whole round if played right. Though Alex requires less opportunities and time to do damage and stun as compared to FANG.

Daigo tryna recreate that third strike moment at the end of the first set. :(
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=DURvNcsFoPQ

Buff Ryu/buff Daigo

Good idea.

Bad execution on the second part.

I wouldn't call further nerfs a reward.

Plus I'm ditching this train when a certain blonde Russian lady shows up.
She's probably gonna be shit too huh.

It's not really in one person's favour IMO. Alex's offense and his neutral is good enough to deal with FANG, and his damage/stun can wreck FANG easily.

While FANG can keep out Alex for pretty much the whole round if played right. Though Alex requires less opportunities and time to do damage and stun as compared to FANG.

Actually I think she'll be top ten.

So, I haven't followed the scene in a minute, but my Triforce post in the main forum has made me fondly remember the community.

So like, can someone sum up the latest FGC drama? It's hard to get a grasp of everything, but what I have so far is:

-Haters are apparently getting left behind
-Smug is the king of the west coast
-Alex sucks

Thanks.

SFV is trash
Tekken 7 will save us
Marvel 3 made it to EVO
Wolfkrone vs. KBrad
EVO doing 2 smash games and 2 anime games
ARMS didnt make it EVO #robbed

And at the moment everyone feels pretty de-hyped.

giphy.gif

This game sucks.

DKL

Hakan and Dee Jay players are still waiting for their rewards 7 years later.

Man, I need to give all you guys a shoutout... I lurked for a long while, but this thread is an endless source of comedy and, even though I secretly hate Neogaf because of the main forums, this thread is quality.

Man, I need to give all you guys a shoutout... I lurked for a long while, but this thread is an endless source of comedy and, even though I secretly hate Neogaf because of the main forums, this thread is quality.

Welcome. We got all the downplaying, shitposting, bad gifs, daigo dickriding and generally biased balance discussion one expects from this thread.

Honestly I just hope Frost Touch starts up fast enough to be used reactively and not just predictively (yeah yeah I know, PREDICTABO and all that).

The ability to stuff any jump-in on reaction with HP Frost Touch would be a godsend and go a long way towards mitigating Kolin's supposedly-low stamina. It'd be even better if EX Frost Touch had invincibility so that it can beat meaties on wakeup, but maybe that'd be too strong unless the recovery is crazy long.

Oi don't jinx her! Judging by her moveset I think she'll be around mid tier.

Pls Capcom.
I've played a LOT of fighting games. Never have I mained a character that turned out to be top tier. Unless Vanessa in KoF 2000/2001 was top tier.

Just... you know, giving you a heads up.
Honestly I just hope Frost Touch starts up fast enough to be used reactively and not just predictively (yeah yeah I know, PREDICTABO and all that).

The ability to stuff any jump-in on reaction with HP Frost Touch would be a godsend and go a long way towards mitigating Kolin's supposedly-low stamina. It'd be even better if EX Frost Touch had invincibility so that it can beat meaties on wakeup, but maybe that'd be too strong unless the recovery is crazy long.
I'm guessing it's gonna be like Ryu's parry in that it has a counter-hit state during it's recovery.

I love how he was blocking high for 3 throws straight, then suddenly decided to crouch block/jump. Also, that gif isn't compelling evidence of the game sucking. If he had disconnected or something then I'd agree with you.

The game sucks because his only option was to tech and had no meter until his was stunned. When he finally decided to tech I mixed up with a Overhead. After that he was broken and didn't know what the do in the corner.

MrCarter

I've played a LOT of fighting games. Never have I mained a character that turned out to be top tier. Unless Vanessa in KoF 2000/2001 was top tier.

Just... you know, giving you a heads up.

Hmm it seems you are the Jinx then. First FANG now probably Kolin :p

Joking aside I do think she'll be special in her own way.

Skilletor

The game sucks because his only option was to tech and had no meter until his was stunned. When he finally decided to tech I mixed up with a Overhead. After that he was broken and didn't know what the do in the corner.

Flashkick (hk flashkick is upper body invul frames 1-10, and throw invul, would have blown up your overhead and throws)
Not quick rise
Tech

Not sure what the oki data is on Karin's throw to give more advice. But not quickrising would have offered him more defensive options.

FACE

Banned
I love how he was blocking high for 3 throws straight, then suddenly decided to crouch block/jump. Also, that gif isn't compelling evidence of the game sucking. If he had disconnected or something then I'd agree with you.

He tried to tech, you can see the throw whiff animation come out.

MCD250

Looking at Kolin's moveset, I sort of get the sense that it seems much more extensive/tools-heavy than the moves of many of characters in the base roster. I kind of feel like that's a running trend with many of the DLC guys, in fact. They seem to have a lot of tools (some might say "gimmicks") compared go the original 16, air combos, air throws, multiple crush counters, very unique V-Triggers (which they also rely more heavily on), etc.

Skilletor

Looking at Kolin's moveset, I sort of get the sense that it seems much more extensive/tools-heavy than the moves of many of characters in the base roster. I kind of feel like that's a running trend with many of the DLC guys, in fact. They seem to have a lot of tools (some might say "gimmicks") compared go the original 16, air combos, air throws, multiple crush counters, very unique V-Triggers (which they also rely more heavily on), etc.

I agree. I posted something similar in the Kolin reveal thread. I'm really excited to see the rest of the characters.

I agree, old characters SHOULD get buffed. Make Cammy's sMK a crush counter, Capcom.

Flashkick (hk flashkick is upper body invul frames 1-10, and throw invul, would have blown up your overhead and throws)
Not quick rise
Tech

Not sure what the oki data is on Karin's throw to give more advice. But not quickrising would have offered him more defensive options.

FK lost their throw invincibility in S2. I was surprised by this when Zangief throw me out of it with SPD.

Not quick rising may work, on those who don't know how to meaty. Whiff throws are faster than the other games.

Mind Games.

Did Nash jump ins actually change from season 1?

They increase his hurtbox on all of his jumping normals while shrinking the hitboxes and increasing the start up on some of them. It's all in the patch notes

Skilletor

FK lost their throw invincibility in S2. I was surprised by this when Zangief throw me out of it with SPD.

Not quick rising may work, on those who don't know how to meaty. Whiff throws are faster than the other games.

Mind Games.

Don't think it did, not according to the FAT app, at least.

It's got to be hk flashkick, though. Think it's the same with uppers, only heavy versions have throw invulnerability.

L Somersault Kick:

①Hit box between 1F - 2F of the active frames have been expanded forward

②1 - 3F Upper body invincibility + Projectile Invincibility/ 4-6F complete invincibility
⇒1-2F Lower stance/3-8F hit/projective invincible

M Somersault Kick:

①Hit box between 1F - 2F of active frames have been expanded forward

②1 - 4F Upper body invincibility + Projectile Invincibility/ 5-6F complete invincibility
⇒1-2F Lower stance/3-8F hit and projective invincible

H Somersault Kick:

②1 - 4F Upper body invincibility + Projectile Invincibility/ 5-6F complete invincibility
⇒Throw and projectile invincibility between 1-9F

Neoxon

L Somersault Kick:

①Hit box between 1F - 2F of the active frames have been expanded forward

②1 - 3F Upper body invincibility + Projectile Invincibility/ 4-6F complete invincibility
⇒1-2F Lower stance/3-8F hit/projective invincible

M Somersault Kick:

⇒1-2F Lower stance/3-8F hit and projective invincible

H Somersault Kick:

⇒Throw and projectile invincibility between 1-9F
Are these the Season 2.5 changes for Guile?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom