• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
That rookie glitch saving Gamerbee, watching his stream he lost to plat player, lost 66 points, ran it back beat him twice got 50 points, he lost 16, when it should have been a lot more..

Pachinko

Just finished Excellent adventures this week and the side bar popped up with something that made me laugh I figured you guys would also enjoy.

SFV alternative trailer 1 year anniversary

It's been a helluva ride these past 12 months , as much as it's clear we all enjoy this game in spite of it's issues I hope Capcom can clean it up a bit more going forward.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Just finished Excellent adventures this week and the side bar popped up with something that made me laugh I figured you guys would also enjoy.

SFV alternative trailer 1 year anniversary

It's been a helluva ride these past 12 months , as much as it's clear we all enjoy this game in spite of it's issues I hope Capcom can clean it up a bit more going forward.

Haha Amazing. Let's hope Kolin puts all these nagging issues on ice. *cough*

giphy.gif

This game sucks.

If you hate momentum-based games with a lot of oki, there are options....

MrCarter

Ah that Mike Ross salt was amazing. I know WSO are doing great for the EU but Pro Talk needs to come back just to see the salt again.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Can someone give me one or to common Aegis setups? I have a hard time recreating in training mode what Uriens do to me.

It's funny looking back on those matches and realizing just how many times I was on the brink of losing the set. Wasn't even thinking about that at the time, which I suppose is a good thing.

Shows how you have a great mind set for it. Me, im worried im on the brink of losing even when I'm clearly winning.

If they made a light novel about Zombegoast would it be called "My fighting game can't possibly be this bad!!!" or "My Street Fighter Story: If I complain enough, will people take me seriously?"

Man Guile had no way of getting out of that corner. This game blows.

Brb gonna put twenty more hours of work into SFV so I don't get left behind tho.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Welp, just played a gold account named nycfurby in ranked and thought this couldn't possibly be Arturo since I'm in Germany, but nope, was totally him. Lost both matches obviously, but managed to perfect him one round lol
Wasn't even lagging all that much.

Wasn't even lagging all that much.

Well, NY and germany are directly connected through their internet exchange points, so depending on how either of you are routed, it's not unusual to have a strong connection; it's the same for me with ppl from NY or New England.

MCD250

Man, I swear the most irritating part of being a pad player has to be finding a pad that won't break down after a month or two of use. I've tried several options. The Hori 4, Hori Fighting Commander and the SFV MadCatz pad with the improved dpad. None have lasted more than the 3 months of continuous usage. I'd use a PS4 controller, but the dpad is not ideal for me and the shoulder buttons are not as sensitive as I would like.

I'd honestly pay good money for a controller of decent build quality and a circular dpad.

MrCarter

Fightstick? I used to be a pad player for years, then I got sick of the blisters and switched to stick. Took a couple months learning and getting used to it but in my opinion it's worth it.

Kashiwaba

Man, I swear the most irritating part of being a pad player has to be finding a pad that won't break down after a month or two of use. I've tried several options. The Hori 4, Hori Fighting Commander and the SFV MadCatz pad with the improved dpad. None have lasted more than the 3 months of continuous usage. I'd use a PS4 controller, but the dpad is not ideal for me and the shoulder buttons are not as sensitive as I would like.

I'd honestly pay good money for a controller of decent build quality and a circular dpad.

You either stick to DS4 or just go with a fighting sticks, all the fighting pads i tried so far are poorly built and really i find DS4 more comfortable and responsiv.

Fightstick? I used to be a pad player for years, then I got sick of the blisters and switched to stick. Took a couple months learning and getting used to it but in my opinion it's worth it.

use a dreamcast dpad, get the worst blisters of your life, never get blisters again because other dpads aren't nearly as evil.

MCD250

I've thought about making the switch to sticks. I'm honestly just not sure how feasible it might be to do it at this point in life. I'm a pretty slow learner tbh, and I don't have a lot of time to devote to the game as is. I feel like if I switched to fight sticks now I'd go way longer than I'd like without a decent handle on how to play.

It might honestly come down to using a DS4.

Seems like they did a nice job recreating some of SFV's animations.

What about these two "pro" PS4 pads Sony supports?

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/10/26/first-look-at-two-new-licensed-pro-controllers-for-ps4/

Not sure if they're even out.
Heh, I actually looked into those back when the MadCatz pad I had started breaking down. I just wish their dpads were swapped. Symmetric sticks with circular dpad would be ideal for me.

Don't switch unless you have the time to invest. I strangely am able to use both, but I spent a bunch of weeks switching back and forth to keep up. Still stronger on the stick but just go with what you are comfortable with.

If you play a lot of arcade games, it might help to have a stick around anyway. That's possibly why I'm able to stay alright using whatever because I jump on MAME and dick around.

What are you supposed to do against a Guile who does nothing but zone you out and jump backwards once you get within arm's reach? I feel like I can't even walk him to the corner because Birdie's gigantic hurtbox means he eats booms like crazy if you mistime your walk by a millisecond.

I eventually won cuz I was able to make some hard reads with the chain but goddamn if Guile isn't the least-fun character to fight in SF history. Even if you get him into the corner you have to be 110% on-point lest he EX Flash Kick out of there and start the monotonous cycle all over again.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Welp, just got multiple different errors of "diconnected from server" and "can't connect" and now I got a ragequit LP penalty lol.

How is this stuff getting worse?

FluxWaveZ

Congrats, good stuff Flux!

Congrats man. I knew you could go places.

Thanks. They talk about it in my matches, but I was considering just quitting the game because I didn't feel like I was making enough progress, even though I was playing a ton. It was a nice confidence boost.

What are you supposed to do against a Guile who does nothing but zone you out and jump backwards once you get within arm's reach? I feel like I can't even walk him to the corner because Birdie's gigantic hurtbox means he eats booms like crazy if you mistime your walk by a millisecond.

I eventually won cuz I was able to make some hard reads with the chain but goddamn if Guile isn't the least-fun character to fight in SF history. Even if you get him into the corner you have to be 110% on-point lest he EX Flash Kick out of there and start the monotonous cycle all over again.

As a Mika player, I prefer fighting Guile than S2 Laura. On paper, Guile is the worst MU she has by far, but it's what you said: hard reads. If you can be patient and see through the opponent's patterns, one jump-in and you're in there. You just need to block for a long while and continue walking, even if you're being pushed back by the booms. Eventually, they'll become complacent, and that's the critical moment when you punish them for it.

ElFly

Welp, just got multiple different errors of "diconnected from server" and "can't connect" and now I got a ragequit LP penalty lol.

How is this stuff getting worse?

and you know that by now most of the player surge for S2 and akuma must have died out, so it is not that the servers are overloaded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom