• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCarter

I really need to start playing with Karin again. Her moveset is so unique and fun, plus she has some of the best looking normals in this game. Love how Capcom reinvented her for SFV after the Alpha series.

Huh, I just saw on Reddit that apparently Haunts' Twitter account and Reddit post history have been deleted. Anybody have any idea what's going on there?

bman94

Sort of casual fighting game fan. I understand basic tech and I enjoyed Super Street Fighter IV. Just got a PS4 and I don't have another controller yet. Would you guys recommend jumping in now for $20 for mostly single player and local multiplayer later?

Edzi

Sort of casual fighting game fan. I understand basic tech and I enjoyed Super Street Fighter IV. Just got a PS4 and I don't have another controller yet. Would you guys recommend jumping in now for $20 for mostly single player and local multiplayer later?

Unless you like training in the lab and playing online, there's not really any other single player stuff worth playing. Story mode is more of a passive experience since it's only one round and the CPU is pretty stupid.

MrCarter

Huh, I just saw on Reddit that apparently Haunts' Twitter account and Reddit post history have been deleted. Anybody have any idea what's going on there?

That's a shame as he communicated on here sometimes. Wonder what happened behind the scenes? It's probably either a new job (which wouldn't make sense as his twitter isn't available) or he broke some rules.

As a casual fighter this is way more accessible than SFIV. No FADC nonsense or 1-frame links. Single player consists of story mode for each character, cinematic story mode, weekly challenges, survival (which is horrible past hard), tutorial and combo missions. $20 is good value though, and if it comes with S1 pass that's even better.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Single player stuff sucks and probably always will but if you are eventually going to play some local versus, 20 bucks ain't a bad price.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
They play all of them. There are I believe 6 days of online matches. Daigo had to play all of his matches in 3 days because he had to do this SFV x Lupe event in the US.
Thank you!

Wow, that is kind of crazy. I hope everything is ok. That was just his private Twitter, too.

edit: This was his last post

xs9rfqg1xpdirfhxi2-e4asrp7.png

wat

kirblar

Holy crap, Sajam got a haircut that makes him not look twice his age!

And this match is showing off how stupid the white life slowdown change was.

Dammit I'm like 25k fm away from getting the plat, but have been too busy recently to even beat weekly challenges except the fast easy ones.

I'm 4 achievements away from the platinum. I've never, ever gotten a platinum in any game, lol.

I'm missing silly ones like register 30 friends on CFN and view over 100 replays.

Yeah the silly ones and the 1 million fm trophies were the ones I had left. I got most of the trophies in the summer because it was the main thing I played during that time.

ElFly

the standing animations are all p bad about representing the hitbox

luckily you are rarely just standing around ignoring long kicks

it is a little more representative of 'reality' while walking or crouching. there are still severe problems but standing still is, ironically, a rare case in practice

He's presumably been forced to delete his social media. Probably because he's been talking on Reddit about how this year is going to see lots of work done on SFV when he's not supposed to be communicating that sort of info...

The only source of info now is whatever gets fed to Matt Edwards or whatever Capcom USA or JP put out on their blogs.

Hell maybe he was the source of the leak about Kolin's moveset or something. :p

Oh yeah, it is the Lupe Fiasco event with the CPT pre-season launch event tomorrow, alongside the server maintenance. Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom