• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
SteamDB things;

1. 1 new DLC has been added. Probably just the CPT 2017 DLC I'd wager
2. There has been quite a lot of patch work, but nothing in the last four days - probably when they finished Kolin outside of last-minute final balancing.

No sign of a big functionality/defect-fixing patch, alas. I'm expecting we just get Kolin, then two weeks of silence, then a very small balance patch.

Ryce

SteamDB things;

2. There has been quite a lot of patch work, but nothing in the last four days - probably when they finished Kolin outside of last-minute final balancing.

No sign of a big functionality/defect-fixing patch, alas. I'm expecting we just get Kolin, then two weeks of silence, then a very small balance patch.
Was this stuff added just recently? Is there any way to find out what it is?

They'll never fix this shit show.

Or they'll be dropping Kolin in February, slinging us an update with the patch in March (with hopefully minor adjustments, I don't know why anyone expects a huge SFxT2013 shift right before CPT), and then doing updates every other month for content. QoL shit can come at any time (like the Survival Mode server thing, which just....happened).

Really upset that Haunts got removed. I guess his word wasn't what Capcom wanted, but then how can that other guy drop a "haters left behind" meme and get away with it? Was it because it was less informative? That's good on them for adding a person to reddit, the street writer or whatever, but brutal to do that to Haunts.

HardRojo

0.jpg

It's even worse with her cr.MK.

Moves should animate visually where their hitbox is roughly speaking. I know it can't be perfect of course but SFV has some legitimate problems with this.

Oh, yeah I agree hitboxes should roughly match the animation. Haven't really paid attention but if it's a big issue then yeah, it should be looked into.

cackhyena

Or they'll be dropping Kolin in February, slinging us an update with the patch in March (with hopefully minor adjustments, I don't know why anyone expects a huge SFxT2013 shift right before CPT), and then doing updates every other month for content. QoL shit can come at any time (like the Survival Mode server thing, which just....happened).

Really upset that Haunts got removed. I guess his word wasn't what Capcom wanted, but then how can that other guy drop a "haters left behind" meme and get away with it? Was it because it was less informative? That's good on them for adding a person to reddit, the street writer or whatever, but brutal to do that to Haunts.
When did this happen with Haunts? Wtf

cackhyena

Weird. I don't do Reddit, but I've known of and talked to Haunts here and there since the days of 1UP. Even played a few sets against him in 4. He was always professional and courteous.

Let's not jump to conclusions, his twitter was his personal account, also haunts is the one in charge of CPT.
I doubt capcom would just "remove" their director of esports.

Producer

I couldnt blame haunts if he quit. If they fired him, lol smh. Doing pr for this game must be a bitch. I dunno how lone dragon does it

I came to check up on the Haunts sitch, but I would guess he's not going to be posting here either. RIP :(

I really need to start playing with Karin again. Her moveset is so unique and fun, plus she has some of the best looking normals in this game. Love how Capcom reinvented her for SFV after the Alpha series.
She's essentially a brand new character, although when she was announced for V I was really wanting her rekkas and counters, but they've made her into something really different and solid.

kirblar

Something I caught in the BB sale- new SFV copies are no longer being carried online or in store. I strongly suspect there's some sort of SKU refresh coming at the end of the year or early next year.

Edzi

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";230348236]Anybody else going to the Lupe thing tomorrow in SF?[/QUOTE]

Thought about it, but they were saying it was first come first serve with limited room, and I don't have the time to get there super early and wait in a potential line.

Edzi

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";230348364]I'm gonna get there around 8am.[/QUOTE]

Yeahhh, I'll just watch it after work. Really excited to see some Kolin footage.

MrCarter

He's presumably been forced to delete his social media. Probably because he's been talking on Reddit about how this year is going to see lots of work done on SFV when he's not supposed to be communicating that sort of info...

It's all speculation for now but it must be something serious for him to suspend his Twitter account, I also doubt it's to do with communicating on here and Reddit as he's been dong that for the past year now. Let's hope he's fine.

Ah. Some of these Reddit guys are awful.

laaame

So I was dumb and decided to finish some trials during the server maintenance. What are the chances that I will be getting the fight money for it when the servers come back?

Glad it ain't related to Capcom but I still hope Haunts is okay. On the flipside, appointing a dedicated person to shift through Reddit shitpost is good of them.

Sayad

So I was dumb and decided to finish some trials during the server maintenance. What are the chances that I will be getting the fight money for it when the servers come back?
Replay the last trail when the servers are back up! I kinda remember finishing all trails for a dlc character while not online, and only had to redo one trail once they were back online for the fight money.

laaame

I guess I will see tomorrow if redoing them works. That's my Kolin money and I would feel weird if I had to pay real money for her, right after the servers robbed me of my virtual money.
Well I'm getting her, regardless of the method, because I don't want to be left behind by Capcom lol.

RIP haunts.
Hopefully he is still doing fine.

SteamDB things;

That's a good guess.
I've been wondering what that might be.

Was this stuff added just recently? Is there any way to find out what it is?
It was added about 11 days ago (I made a post at the time). If you are curous, you can easily see that information on the SteamDB website:
https://steamdb.info/app/310950/

The 'history' tab on that page will show you updates (mostly encrypted) to SFV itself, and you can go to the 'DLC' tab to click through to individual bits of DLC. The new DLC can be found here:
https://steamdb.info/app/590750/history/

Unfortunately there is really no way to find out what it is, until Capcom adds identifying information to the database (e.g. the title of the DLC or 'subs' that include it), which they are unlikely to do before the DLC is publicly revealed, except by accident.

MrCarter

Matt Edwards is very good though. He goes around the whole world promoting CPT, does weekly WSO sessions in London and even makes introduction videos for each newly released character.

The people at r/SF made a full document with a list of issues ordered by relevance, shit even includes pie charts. Sometimes I can't help but feel like Capcom JP doesn't deserve such a dedicated community.

Same. I don't know what Japan's problem is but the upper management there are stubborn and incompetent as fuck. Feel for poor Ono sometimes because I feel like they take advantage of his kind natured persona. Some of the issues are more crucial than others and it's good they are working on the netcode improvements first and foremost.

MrCarter

She's essentially a brand new character, although when she was announced for V I was really wanting her rekkas and counters, but they've made her into something really different and solid.

Indeed. I was really hoping she would have her traditional rekkas and counters too but they re-imagined her in such a way that I don't even care. However, It seems like our new girl Kolin has gained some rekkas and counters so I'm looking forward to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom