• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't get the normal knee strike if the cr.HP hits twice as AA unless you are facing the corner (I've never seen it). Depending on angle, if it hits once, you can get the knee out in the open.

You just do lp flash chop mid screen instead of knee. You can cancel into super if the flash chop hits them low to the ground (it will whiff other wise).

Other people are doing more damage of course though.
Yeah, I've got those conversions down for the most part. I was just pointing out one example of a character that could stand to benefit from more damage in the AA department in some shape or form. It could come from easier hit confirms into air knee strike, a damage buff on cr.HP/air knee strike or more oki off all versions of air knee strike. He got a lot of nice little buffs in season 2 tbh. Nerfs really brought him down, though. The cr.lp, cr.hp and f.hp buffs were very modest and reasonable damage buffs, but I still feel like Capcom could go a bit farther in the AA damage department for many characters. Also, I could have sworn cr.hp>air knee strike works on super deep jump ins, but maybe that was just my imagination.

Numb

Her fireball seems like it would be fun

200.gif

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I messed with the load time mod for a minute last night. Seems amazing, especially for playing training mode while waiting for matches.

The only thing it does is work your GPU harder for the few seconds it takes to do stage and character select, right? Has anyone found any negative side effects?

I really hope they improve battle lounges. I have tried giving them a shot again recently but i still have the same issue i have had with them since day one. I only ever really find people from the americas or japan in there. Even when i make a room. Its so annoying because the few times i get a good connection, playing first to 5 is so much better than first to 2 when in ranked or casual. Even if its someone way better i just set my mission to take one game at least from them and you actually have time to learn how they play a bit. First to 2 is over so fast and i can often get gimmicked to death because i need longer than that to adapt to much better players.

I guess they need to simply add a region lock option or something. Although maybe hardly anyone in europe bothers with BL for some reason?

Sayad

Vanilla SFIV's last SBO had a Sagat in all the top 4 teams, Mago also won the first Gods Garden Tournament with Sagat off the top of my head. Didn't get much exposure in the US because the scene was so young/small at the time Justin would have probably dominated with what ever character he picked.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The US scene was weird at the time, because like 4 places had an arcade machine and they could play the game much earlier. And those players then dominated for quite a while. Like the top 2 for a long time was Justin and Gootecks.

Haters will be left behind guy said he can't wait for Thursday, and pinned the tweet.

Don't get your hopes up because it might be absolutely nothing in-game wise related (like related to the figurines), but it might be worth keeping an eye out for.

Haters will be left behind guy said he can't wait for Thursday, and pinned the tweet.

Don't get your hopes up because it might be absolutely nothing in-game wise related (like related to the figurines), but it might be worth keeping an eye out for.

Kolin Funko Pop incoming

Skilletor

I spent over 100 games in each Ultra Silver/Gold/Super Gold, but only 35 for Ultra Gold. All that casual match grinding paid off.

I'm now going to take a break from SF5 until Kolin drops.

stn

Ryu gets a neutral buff. Akuma gets a fireball buff. Alex gets a buff, period. All strong characters remain untouched. Nash gets buffed to S1 status. The 3S costumes are released. Kolin is fun to play and fits my playstyle.

Too much to ask?

Ryce

XKira said Kolin would be released on February 14 and deleted the post when the actual date was revealed. He also said we'd get a Spain stage back in January and a bunch of extra modes before that in December. He also insinuated that the second character this season would be Sagat. He's not reputable.

https://www.facebook.com/shinxkira/p...75930429456526

Wasn't that the x-kira guy/girl?

Might be a MvC:I announcement. Isn't that game getting a tie-in toyline too?

That was already announced though. But it could be.

Kolin Funko Pop incoming

I'm already considering some of them. Lord help me.

I spent over 100 games in each Ultra Silver/Gold/Super Gold, but only 35 for Ultra Gold. All that casual match grinding paid off.

I'm now going to take a break from SF5 until Kolin drops.

Nice! Got any tips for a wannabe Akuma player?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
XKira said Kolin would be released on February 14 and deleted the post when the actual date was revealed. He also said we'd get a Spain stage back in January and a bunch of extra modes before that in December. He also insinuated that the second character this season would be Sagat. He's not reputable.
Oh, so that is just XKira? He(?) also said there would be a wrestling ring stage from the story mode.

Skilletor

Nice! Got any tips for a wannabe Akuma player?

He really forced me to grow as a player. I've always been a very offensive player (cammy/ninjas, etc). My friends always tell me I press too many buttons, I need to AA better, and to be more patient.

One thing I would do, when I had a pretty comfortable life lead, is just hold d/b and try to react to what my opponent was doing. Akuma's AA game is super strong, so I got a lot better at that, and since his life is garbage, I learned really quick where to press buttons and to push the offensive.

I would say the most important thing is learning Akuma's oki setups. There are a few guides I watched, but they're mostly the same thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpK9baEUTrY

Almost every knockdown Akuma has leads into a meaty situation. Like, never finish a combo midscreen with an upper, since you give up pressure for that. I like to do either lk tatsu, hk tatsu, or vskill kick into demon flip palm. B+hp is the godlike AA normal, and leads into similar oki situations.

But mostly it taught me to be really, really patient. I haven't played anybody but akuma since December, so one thing I want to do is go back and see how my new mindset affects how I play other characters.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I have to watch this Punk - Smug final a few times. Punk really controls the match well. But I might have to stop complaining about Balrog now. There's always a downside.

Oh and one thing from the last episode of Excellent Adventures:
Kbrad said he hitconfirms by looking at the stunbar and I had the same reaction Mike had. I've been trying this in training mode for a bit now and it's so much easier! I might actually be able to do this in matches. Genius.

MCD250

I have to watch this Punk - Smug final a few times. Punk really controls the match well. But I might have to stop complaining about Balrog now. There's always a downside.

Kbrad said he hitconfirms by looking at the stunbar and I had the same reaction Mike had. I've been trying this in training mode for a bit now and it's so much easier! I might actually be able to do this in matches. Genius.
I saw Kbrad talking about that and it kind of blew me away. He always has amazing hit confirms, I guess that helps explain it.

Skilletor

Anbu's confirms were so fucking sick. He rarely misses a c.mk to tenko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom