• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and one thing from the last episode of Excellent Adventures:
Kbrad said he hitconfirms by looking at the stunbar and I had the same reaction Mike had. I've been trying this in training mode for a bit now and it's so much easier! I might actually be able to do this in matches. Genius.
holy-sht.gif
holy-sht.gif
holy-sht.gif

Doesn't really affect me that much since I need to confirm off of Counter Hits instead of regular hits but still, DAMN.

Ryce

Oh, so that is just XKira? He(?) also said there would be a wrestling ring stage from the story mode.
Yeah, he accurately predicted a Dubai stage, but he got so much other stuff wrong that I don't consider him a reputable source.

Exr

I have to watch this Punk - Smug final a few times. Punk really controls the match well. But I might have to stop complaining about Balrog now. There's always a downside.

Kbrad said he hitconfirms by looking at the stunbar and I had the same reaction Mike had. I've been trying this in training mode for a bit now and it's so much easier! I might actually be able to do this in matches. Genius.
Definitely going to try this tonight thanks

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Any time I feel I need to dial it back when the game annoys me, I just turn on ISDD's stream and instantly feel 300% more adult.

9WMNOj0.jpg

Fake.

Also you aren't a FANG player until you condition your opponent to expect traps and keep jumping at you, then stop doing traps for like 3 matches straight.

I have to watch this Punk - Smug final a few times. Punk really controls the match well. But I might have to stop complaining about Balrog now. There's always a downside.

damn I thought more people did this lol. My confirms for Laura's fwd. HP target combo went up a lot higher when I switched to looking at the stun gauge to confirm, BUT, sometimes the opponent was hit out of the air and I confirm onto an opponent air resetting and get punished lol

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, but that probably happens when you're hitconfirming or buffering anyways.

Sometimes, with Karin, I do st.hp xx orochi and when the st. hp hits the opponent airborne I get such an amazing left-right mix-up that I don't even know where I'll end up. It's kind of op and basically happens when I mess up lol.

He really forced me to grow as a player. I've always been a very offensive player (cammy/ninjas, etc). My friends always tell me I press too many buttons, I need to AA better, and to be more patient.

One thing I would do, when I had a pretty comfortable life lead, is just hold d/b and try to react to what my opponent was doing. Akuma's AA game is super strong, so I got a lot better at that, and since his life is garbage, I learned really quick where to press buttons and to push the offensive.

I would say the most important thing is learning Akuma's oki setups. There are a few guides I watched, but they're mostly the same thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpK9baEUTrY

Almost every knockdown Akuma has leads into a meaty situation. Like, never finish a combo midscreen with an upper, since you give up pressure for that. I like to do either lk tatsu, hk tatsu, or vskill kick into demon flip palm. B+hp is the godlike AA normal, and leads into similar oki situations.

But mostly it taught me to be really, really patient. I haven't played anybody but akuma since December, so one thing I want to do is go back and see how my new mindset affects how I play other characters.

Thanks for this. I'm gonna try and really spend time with Akuma. I get blown up easy so it's been a horrible struggle.

So I was exploring Cammy again and I found that meaty CH cFP is +4. But there's so much pushback that the only options that combo are sLK which leads to nothing or V-trigger Cannon Spike.

Except for this:

nZP584.gif

I have no idea how I was able to get the EX to combo here, it normally doesn't reach. I've tried this exact setup a dozen times and I wasn't able to replicate this combo.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";230673752]I have no idea how I was able to get the EX to combo here, it normally doesn't reach. I've tried this exact setup a dozen times and I wasn't able to replicate this combo.[/QUOTE]

EX DP comes out in three frames, so perhaps it's one of those walk-forward-for-one-frame things?

Numb

You learn new stuff everyday
So good
Gonna practice it

FluxWaveZ

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";230675736]More or less how I see the game right now:

sdfsdfrtxxs.png
[/QUOTE]

When even Laura players agree that Mika isn't as strong as Laura, when S1 Mika players migrated en mass to Laura and that is still the case, and when a bunch of notable top players are saying Laura is top 5, I wonder what makes you place Laura where she is.

When even Laura players agree that Mika isn't as strong as Laura, when S1 Mika players migrated en mass to Laura and that is still the case, and when a bunch of notable top players are saying Laura is top 5, I wonder what makes you place Laura where she is.

Right below the two best characters in the game? I didn't put Laura lower than people expect, I put Mika higher.

FluxWaveZ

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";230676540]Right below the two best characters in the game? I didn't put Laura lower than people expect, I put Mika higher.[/QUOTE]

You did both. People aren't saying Ibuki and Bison are as strong as S2 Laura is.

MCD250

Don't think I agree that Cammy's better than Guile and on par with Urien. I'd move her down a notch, and Guile and Laura up a notch. Probably move Mika down too, though not sure how much.

You did both. People aren't saying Ibuki and Bison are as strong as S2 Laura is.

I suppose that depends on whether or not you consider Nemo a person.

also I'm not personally on the Laura train as hard as some people. I definitely think she's top 5-10, but I don't think she's at the pinnacle.

i must be the only one who would put Nash in lower A tier. I posted gifs of what Nash can do on knockdown.

The only time Nash is low tier is in the corner.

i must be the only one who would put Nash in lower A tier. I posted gifs of what Nash can do on knockdown.

The only time Nash is low tier is in the corner.

Nah I think Nash still a strong character that I think people are forgetting him cause HE GOT NERFS!1!1

I think the Infiltration playstyle has certainly been nerfed but Nash in general still a strong character.

Skilletor

I don't think Cammy is upper top tier any more. Closer to the bottom of that grouping toward mid. I think nerfs to dive kick hurt her more than people might expect.

Also, she doesn't even have a fireball overhead or an airthrow, so...

I definitely feel like Birdie's better than people give him credit for too; dude's an absolute monster once he gets V-Trigger. It's amazing how much of a difference just a faster walk speed can make.

The B in B-Tier doesn't stand for Bad, guys. The worst character in this game is still better than Twelve in 3s. Playing Nash isn't like trying to win EVO with SonSon in Marvel 2.

Dahbomb

Nemo is kinda heavily biased against Zangief but his style of play gets annhialated by Zangief. Itazan crushed him some Nemo.

But I do see Rashid and Ibuki being pretty good in S2, within top 10 of the cast.

When you time the LK Bull Revenger just right, taking the third game of a FT5 set against a Diamond Urien 3-0 and he straight quits out afterwards.

C5JoR5gWQAAZN1B.png

Watching the Winter Brawl top 8, and the commentary is on point, the matches are great, and to top it off that Mikeandike v Punk match was savage as hell, as was the subsequent interview. Too bad that I couldn't watch it live, on account of time-zone differences.

Also, apparently a lot of people are interested in playing USFIV at Canada Cup 2017:
  • 29% voted "I'm going just for SFV"
  • 36% voted "I will play SFV and USF4"
  • 35% voted "I'm going just for USF4"
https://twitter.com/lapchiduong/status/833422272442486784

MrCarter

Ucchedavāda;230682626 said:
Watching the Winter Brawl top 8, and the commentary is on point, the matches are great, and to top it off that Mikeandike v Punk match was savage as hell, as was the subsequent interview. Too bad that I couldn't watch it live, on account of time-zone differences.

Also, apparently a lot of people are interested in playing USFIV at Canada Cup 2017:

Wonder how many SFIV players voted in this poll hmm...

Someone else held a poll like this to see USF4 at a bigger local. Tons of people voted, barely anyone showed up.

That being said, WNF I believe had USF4 and had a fairly good turnout.

Edzi

At this point, I kind of want a big tournament to have a huge SF4 turnout just to finally light that fire under Capcom's ass. I think it might be the only thing that could get them to finally give a damn about addressing the community's issues with SFV.

MrCarter

Someone else held a poll like this to see USF4 at a bigger local. Tons of people voted, barely anyone showed up.

That being said, WNF I believe had USF4 and had a fairly good turnout.

SFIV was good in its last years but I doubt it would come back as much as a few on social media want it to. I personally disliked the game because I didn't like the battle system, it caused bad habits in players, which is why I don't want it to come back.

FluxWaveZ

Okay, this has happened too many times to me for me to just ignore it. FAT says this about Balrog's TAP:
Upper Body, Throw and Projectile Invincible on frames 3-18
But then why is it that every time I go against PR Balrog's Rog specifically, it acts like it's a completely invincible DP solution? I don't get it. Is that a thing? I would Lady Mika and Balrog just passes through it like it's nothing.

Twitch time stamp of the recent set, where it happens a few times: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/123544244?t=1h15m54s

I legitimately don't know what's going on. If people don't know here, I'll have to ask the Balrog discord.

Edzi

Okay, this has happened too many times to me for me to just ignore it. FAT says this about Balrog's TAP:

But then why is it that every time I go against PR Balrog's Rog specifically, it acts like it's a completely invincible DP solution? I don't get it. Is that a thing? I would Lady Mika and Balrog just passes through it like it's nothing.

Twitch time stamp of the recent set, where it happens a few times: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/123544244?t=1h15m54s

I legitimately don't know what's going on. If people don't know here, I'll have to ask the Balrog discord.

I was under the impression that it was invincible from frame 1 since I've been getting hit out of meaties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom