• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
c9CbYJY.jpg

This feels pretty good bros. He didn't even play me for the runback hahaha.

Durden77

So still catchin up when I can. Got some solid matches in with a friend and some time in the training room. God Guile's good. And I'm still not using a lot of his season 2 stuff.

Is this loop even worth it?

https://youtu.be/n8gnBrQoOX8

Or is it better to just loop straight Sonic Breaks 3 times and finish with a flash kick? I've almost got the one in the video down but not enough to compare the damage.

Village

I was going to but then saw that it's a jumbo pack for the whole initial roster.

Yeah I bought that for the initial roster, and the dlcs

I am affraid to play survival, because I might get to the end and the sevrer doesn't register my fight money

If i go through extreme and that happens, I might just stop playing this game

Fucking LOL, that's an amazing piece of work.

Here's TAP vs. Mika.
TAPing a Mika V-Trigger setup.

Now this Mika wasn't getting the hint, but this move alone means that this is an MU Mika definitely does not have the advantage in (though, playing both characters, I knew that going into S2). The #1 complaint Balrogs had against Mika was that they had no defensive options once they're trapped in the blender (like that's different than most of the cast), but Balrog actually has a very good one.

Something I hadn't thought about before, but that I think might be true, is that Mika's meaty game can be pretty nebulous for her compared to the proper pressure of other characters. That's probably intentional, so that a KD from her doesn't mean that you're not going to have your turn for a long while, and instead revolves around the command grab guessing game. It's why KDR > Dash off of a Brimstone leaves her only at +2, and stuff like that.

The side effect of this is that using TAP liberally is an actual, legitimate tool vs. Mika. And it's kinda silly. I wasn't even using it at clear times I should have in that match (and I was mainly focusing on using it all the time), since I just came across this rare Mika in Ranked and I wanted to experiment with it. But man, if I had actually been playing efficiently there, it would have been even worse for her.

Wow, that's pretty interesting.
Gotta try to incorporate that into my play, since Mika is definitely one of the characters I struggle against.

Spuck-uk

Banned
When even Laura players agree that Mika isn't as strong as Laura, when S1 Mika players migrated en mass to Laura and that is still the case, and when a bunch of notable top players are saying Laura is top 5, I wonder what makes you place Laura where she is.

When the characters above her are all better than her, and have the tournament results to prove it.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Okay, this has happened too many times to me for me to just ignore it. FAT says this about Balrog's TAP:

But then why is it that every time I go against PR Balrog's Rog specifically, it acts like it's a completely invincible DP solution? I don't get it. Is that a thing? I would Lady Mika and Balrog just passes through it like it's nothing.

Twitch time stamp of the recent set, where it happens a few times: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/123544244?t=1h15m54s

I legitimately don't know what's going on. If people don't know here, I'll have to ask the Balrog discord.

At level 4? and above it's invincible frame one.

SmokeMaxX

TAP lvl 4 is full body (and throw/projectile) invincible from frames 3-18. You can meaty it, but it's great in neutral (oh yeah and +1 on block LOL). It probably wouldn't be so bad if you slowed it down, since it's always vulnerable from frames 19-25. Good luck ever getting someone to push a button there, though, when missing your fastest normal means you can get hit for 60+% and guaranteed corner push.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Had a chance to meet up with Markman and Katsuhiro Harada during a local fighting games event here in Peru, both cool guys and I was actually able to speak a little bit with Harada... in Japanese. I was nervous af lol. I told Harada that as a mainly Street Fighter player myself, I was looking forward to making the jump into Tekken now that Akuma will be playable.

Good meeting you! It was nice to check out the Peru/LATAM scene!

When is Kolin arriving? Im thinking I will prob only get to mess around with her for a day or 2 before the inevidable break from this game I will be taking due to some single player games I actually want to play finally coming out (horizon > mass effect 4 > persona 5).

Maybe by the time all thats done another dlc char or 2 will have come out.

Neoxon

When is Kolin arriving? Im thinking I will prob only get to mess around with her for a day or 2 before the inevidable break from this game I will be taking due to some single player games I actually want to play finally coming out (horizon > mass effect 4 > persona 5).

Maybe by the time all thats done another dlc char or 2 will have come out.
Next week

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
It only changes the UI fps to 255.

For reals? So this means that the "loading" time is a UI animation? So by speeding up the UI framerate the animation completes faster?

I always suspected the long loading times were related to server sync, was totally wrong then.
Crazy stuff.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
For reals? So this means that the "loading" time is a UI animation? So by speeding up the UI framerate the animation completes faster?

I always suspected the long loading times were related to server sync, was totally wrong then.
Crazy stuff.

Yeah, I think any server delays are limited to black screens with loading icons on them. The vs. screen is just long for no reason other than they composed a stupidly long musical sting.

Loading mod comparison: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZhKws2boX8

I didn't know extracting the game files would speed it up even more, jesus.

That extracting files improves loading times is not surprising.
A decompression step will naturally add to the loading time, though that may be offset by the time you save by not having to read as data much from a (slow) hard-drive. It is possible, for example, that Capcom benchmarked this on the PS4 and found that compressed data improved loading times. However, Capcom may also have been motivated by a desire to reduce the amount of space used by game, even if it leads to an increase in loading time.

Still, it's cool that you can run the game that way and I think that I'll give it a try. Provided that I can figure out how.

Yup, 28 Feb. US Time (or one of them)

Cool thanks.

That means I get 1 night to play Kolin before Horizon is out and i prob say "see ya" to SFV for a couple of months. I imagine I will simply do her trials / story and survival then maybe play about in training mode for a bit. By the time I come back it will be known if she is good or not.

I like the look of her but like many characters I am not sure her play style will suit me. As much as I never liked graplers when I was younger I now seem to find fireball chars boring and characters like Mika lots of fun.

Neoxon

Cool thanks.

That means I get 1 night to play Kolin before Horizon is out and i prob say "see ya" to SFV for a couple of months. I imagine I will simply do her trials / story and survival then maybe play about in training mode for a bit. By the time I come back it will be known if she is good or not.

I like the look of her but like many characters I am not sure her play style will suit me. As much as I never liked graplers when I was younger I now seem to find fireball chars boring and characters like Mika lots of fun.
I'm probably gonna have to juggle BotW & not getting rusty at SFV. Thank god for for my local community.

cackhyena

BotW will consume all my time. Whatever rustiness I was shaking off will come back in full.

Also Kolin just doesn't look fun to play to me. Then again, neither did Nash until I got a hold of him.

MCD250

I will be getting lost in Horizon and Zelda, and very probably Mass Effect and Nier as well, but I'm sure I'll still manage to squeeze in a few SFV matches every week same as before.

Well, if I manage to get a good controller for it.

Neoxon

Except for Bustling Side Street. The Neon Lights is an overkill.
I actually liked how it looked in the Early Alpha build, though Bustling Side Street still looks nice now.

Also, don't forget to check out Winner Stays On today, as they'll be showing off Kolin.

I don't know if I'm about this Akuma life. Gotta practice more.

Two more days until CPT info drops I assume. Can't wait to plan out my year. I wanna hit at least three places plus EVO. Can't do Final Round though :/

Skilletor

I don't know if I'm about this Akuma life. Gotta practice more.

Two more days until CPT info drops I assume. Can't wait to plan out my year. I wanna hit at least three places plus EVO. Can't do Final Round though :/

As countblack would say, his c.mk is the sf5 struggle personified. lol

MCD250

Aside from his poor health (which I'm not entirely sure is justified) Akuma sort of reminds me of Necalli. Dude has soooo many tools and explosive damage potential (especially when he has V-Ttigger and/or a couple of bars at his disposal).

The tools are exactly why I like him. He has so much going for him, but I need to calm the hell down because I'm getting bopped by silly shit.

cackhyena

Akuma is the most fun character in the game rn. I'm honestly not sure why his lower health is justified in this one, though.

Oh wow didn't see the same thing said two posts above me lol.

Skilletor

I need to see a good akuma vs. a good guile. That matchup feels absolutely impossible to me. I'm wondering how Tokido will do vs. dieminion and nuckledu.

Don't forgot Nier ain't that far either

Yeah I got BotW and NieR within 4 days of each other. :/ Still need to beat the original NieR so I'll probably be working on that all week instead of playing fightin vidya. :(

My girlfriend is also gonna be out of town for GDC so I'll get a couple days there after the Switch launch to hopefully beat BotW before she gets back and wants to jump into it.

Also I popped in EX3 last night for shits and gigs and I forgot how much I actually enjoy that game.

Dahbomb

I need to see a good akuma vs. a good guile. That matchup feels absolutely impossible to me. I'm wondering how Tokido will do vs. dieminion and nuckledu.
Japan is gonna get this work when they come to US. I see Daigo in that Final Round roster and thinking of the type of body bag he's going to be sent back in.

I think Haitani, Nemo, Mago, Galtu and Itazan can do some real damage here though. I want to see Galtu come to US, I don't think US is ready for that Bison. I think Galtu is legit going to make Daigo rage quit Ryu.

Though this is assuming the balance patch doesn't change much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom