• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbpm1

v-skill seems risky

but on the other hand akuma's v-skill is -10 and people still don't punish it fully

could be a ken situation, throw out so much stuff they can't think to punish all of it

Femto.

Can't watch right now, is Kolin's overhead a command normal or a special move?

Going to guess that it's unsafe as fuck as well.

Well, I really hope that V-Trigger pays off, because apart from that she looks kind of weak. No safe specials, low damage output and a punishable V-Reversal. Not sure about her.

Sounds like a Mid or Mid-Low Tier character.

I'll pick her up since she'll get hella buffed in S3 while Cammy gets gutted to oblivion.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Well, I really hope that V-Trigger pays off, because apart from that she looks kind of weak. No safe specials, low damage output and a punishable V-Reversal. Not sure about her.

Less damage but she looks like she has a lot ways to get things going. Xian would be a great match for her. Setup city.

FluxWaveZ

She isn't a character you can just look at on the surface and judge like that. Again, she is the farthest thing from a braindead character. She will be all about labbing it out, because, again, she's definitely one of the most technical characters in this game. 3 different kinds of counters, 6 different kinds of command dashes, the weird "fire ball."

She could be an extremely strong character in the right hands. But people who were hoping to get their hands on her and immediately do well or understand what she was about in a couple of matches are in for a rude awakening. I bet she'll be one of the least played characters after the popularity boom shortly after release.

mbpm1

I thought her stabby stab was supposed to be safe? Did they nerf it since the previews?

She isn't a character you can just look at on the surface and judge like that. Again, she is the farthest thing from a braindead character. She will be all about labbing it out, because, again, she's definitely one of the most technical characters in this game. 3 different kinds of counters, 6 different kinds of command dashes, the weird "fire ball."

She could be an extremely strong character in the right hands. But people who were hoping to get their hands on her and immediately do well or understand what she was about in a couple of matches are in for a rude awakening. I bet she'll be one of the least played characters after the popularity boom shortly after release.

So your average DLC character basically

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, I definitely see how unique she is. But we also know what good tools are in this game. We'll see.

Edzi

Kolin seems cool. Very technical, low damage. She's nothing like characters I'm used to playing, but I kinda want to put in the time to actually learn how to play her. I don't see her being very strong though.

She already has more costumes than Fang or Bison

I miss their old policy of including costumes for everyone in every batch (and the prices!). I wonder what has motivated them to do only a few characters at a time. A smaller art team perhaps? Though I believe they outsourced a lot of the costumes in IV.

Femto.

Ucchedavāda;230754028 said:
I miss their old policy of including costumes for everyone in every batch (and the prices!). I wonder what has motivated them to do only a few characters at a time. A smaller art team perhaps? Though I believe they outsourced a lot of the costumes in IV.

They're following the DoA model, always the ladies and a handful of male costumes from time to time.

I have a feeling Kolin's damage output is indicative of a damage nerf across the board in the new patch. She doesn't do much damage at all.

I doubt he'd be a fan of her normal ranges.

Depends. Are people noticing anything different on the stream? I stopped watching, but surely someone picked up a different character versus her and could analysis that.

Less damage is....not something I'd particularly want, but not the worst change in the world.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

They checked off all the male boxes already. Christmas Cowboy Ken? Check. Shirtless bearded Roo? Check. Gief in a funny hat. Check. Done. Lets go home.

kirblar

Depends. Are people noticing anything different on the stream? I stopped watching, but surely someone picked up a different character versus her and could analysis that.

Less damage is....not something I'd particularly want, but not the worst change in the world.
It'd push the game closer to SF4 (which had very low damage.)

Village

Less played characters , they have less incentive to give them costumes. Which saves them time and money

FluxWaveZ

Yeah... I wasn't thinking of maining her or anything but, after this showcase, I don't think this will be a character I stick with. Certainly more interested in messing around with her than Akuma, but this is a character that will require quite a bit of dedication, like Dhalsim, Chun-Li or Ibuki. Don't know that she's quite my style for me to put that time in with.

Yeah she looks like a lot of time will be required to get the best out of her. Which is great, because we need more technical characters in the game, but it's gonna take a few tournaments to see some good shit out of her.

It'd push the game closer to SF4 (which had very low damage.)

Like, it's not the best answer, but it's one that wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to me. I'd rather they just up the defense.

But, again, I'm not really seeing the damage reduction. Show me a Balrog and then I can tell lol

MCD250

Less played characters , they have less incentive to give them costumes. Which saves them time and money
Conspiracy theory: Capcom plan their buffs and nerfs around their DLC costume schedules. Everybody plays Ryu, Ken, Chun, Karin, etc.? Give them some costumes, then nerf them so people will drop them and pick up some newly-buffed characters, then sell DLC costumes for those too. Rinse and repeat.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't Javitz just test damage between games and conclude that SF4 had more?
Yeah, but he kinda jumped through some hoops for it.

No Crush Counter in SF4. No active V-Trigger in SF4. And Supers were extremely rare, because you would rather use meter for FADC combos. Those still basically exist in the form of V-Trigger activation combos.
Oh and CAs are exempt from extreme scaling.

Played nothing but battle lounges tonight and despite (as always) many low connections from US trying to join i got several good sets in with europeans. First to 3 and first to 5 are so much better. More time fighting, less time searching amd loading. Its a shame you get no character exp or fm in there though. Its not like people cant exp farm in casual.

I noticed a few funny things that you only get in BL. First guy i played was unranked (never played ranked ever) and was a good set. He won 5-3 but i had a blast. Later i did a first to three and a super bronze laura joined. I got freaking decimated 3-0. Looked her up and had barely played ranked and was beating platinum's in BL. Didn't help they only had 2 bar but i would have got wrecked regardless.

I assume i get bad connection people from the other side of the world join my room because they see me as a good connection. Does this mean my internet is good and theirs sucks or the other way round?

mbpm1

k7sfNGQ.gif
A comparison

Dahbomb

Yeah, but he kinda jumped through some hoops for it.

No Crush Counter in SF4. No active V-Trigger in SF4. And Supers were extremely rare, because you would rather use meter for FADC combos. Those still basically exist in the form of V-Trigger activation combos.
Oh and CAs are exempt from extreme scaling.
Also a lot of combos in SFV start with mediums versus SF4 which start with lights. That affects overall damage because of how the combo was started to begin with.

Not to mention the higher stun rates in SFV which adds to the snowball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom