• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCD250

Punk: solid neutral game, terrific confirms, good anti-airs, great reactions.

Flash: sticking out crush counters and randoming his opponent out with Laura.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I've beaten Super/Ultra Platinum and Diamond players in casual all night, but had problems getting back into Platinum. They were using their mains, too. So stupid.

Oh and something else: should I switch from analogue stick to dpad on controller? What are the up and downsides?

Edzi

I've beaten Super/Ultra Platinum and Diamond players in casual all night, but had problems getting back into Platinum. They were using their mains, too. So stupid.

Oh and something else: should I switch from analogue stick to dpad on controller? What are the up and downsides?

Casual means nothing tbh. Nobody is playing seriously.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Kolin dev blog post: http://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/column/131436

Of course she was supposed to have another outfit under her coat lol
k_005.jpg

Ryce

The dev post says that Kolin was planned for the original release but she was lower in priority than the other characters and didn't make the cut.

Conspiracy theory: Capcom plan their buffs and nerfs around their DLC costume schedules. Everybody plays Ryu, Ken, Chun, Karin, etc.? Give them some costumes, then nerf them so people will drop them and pick up some newly-buffed characters, then sell DLC costumes for those too. Rinse and repeat.
Pure evil
Kolin dev blog post: http://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/column/131436

Of course she was supposed to have another outfit under her coat lol
Looks like we avoided a disaster by the skin of our teeth.

kirblar

Is that like a thing? Did the orginal studio not have women?
Given the stark differences between the release content vs everything that came after, I can't imagine there were many, if any, overseeing the art. Even the bathing suits that came out managed to be more tasteful than S1 as a whole.
plus canonically
she didn't have ice powers until the end of story mode
I really like how they had her personality change along with the power-up. Mousy "Helen" is gone, here's "my back-walk is a taunt" Kolin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom