• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm talking about when it doesn't

And they still jump,
When it doesn't work out they've either been jabbed or hit by an AA normal that maybe cancels into one special. Anti-air punish combos are weaksauce in SFV. I don't like Urien's frame data or hitboxes, but they hit the nail on the head with his AA punish combos. They teach you to stop jumping in on him real fast when you've lost 300+ health like nothing.
I've lost some drive.

Getting beaten on 20-3 doesn't even make me salty or want to figure out why anymore damn
Not good

I felt something similar the day I just dropped UMvC3 cold turkey. There is nothing worse than a sense of indifference. It means you just don't care anymore even after terrible losses.

Edzi

I'm talking about when it doesn't

And they still jump,

Because it still works most of the time. If you anti air a guy 5 times in a row and he gets the next jump in he's going to be doing more damage than all your AAs combined plus a potential setup for his continued offense.

Village

I thought I was in the Overwatch thread for a moment.

" why is this symetra jumping around like she has a goddamn pogogo stick"

Because it still works most of the time. If you anti air a guy 5 times in a row and he gets the next jump in he's going to be doing more damage than all your AAs combined plus a potential setup for his continued offense.

That's a good point

It took me a long time to realize this, but win or lose, I just simply take everything as a win. Even if I lose, at least I've gained knowledge, whether it be what I need to fix or the matchup or whatever.

I still get salty, I still get mad, but end up at least applying one or two things from a loss to my gameplan. I've went down from Super Sliver to Sliver because IDGAF and I just want to have fun playing fighting games even if I crater my standing.

Pachinko

It took me a long time to realize this, but win or lose, I just simply take everything as a win. Even if I lose, at least I've gained knowledge, whether it be what I need to fix or the matchup or whatever.

I still get salty, I still get mad, but end up at least applying one or two things from a loss to my gameplan. I've went down from Super Sliver to Sliver because IDGAF and I just want to have fun playing fighting games even if I crater my standing.

This is a better attitude to have I think. I mean we play this stuff to have fun and enjoy it right ? get too hung up on those LP and each loss makes it less and less fun.

For those keeping track of my posts on my Alex playing buddy - he played Ryu for a couple days and then went back to Alex. Decided he also doesn't care about the points anymore , even if it means he'll be stuck in super bronze forever instead of silver where I think he's capable of being.

1 more week to go until we get access to the ice queen.

MCD250

Everyone I've seen who plays Alex always talks about how: 1) he's terrible 2) he's super fun to play.

I should probably pick him up, see what it is about him that's so entertaining.

Welcome to every 2D fighting game ever.
I don't know. Skullgirls and VSav have good to great AA buttons, specials and supers. Even in 3S some weaker characters have moves that knock opponents far away or cause hard knockdown. SFV AAs seem really mediocre in comparison unless you are using Necalli or Urien (those are the ones that come to mind for me).

Season 3 is going to need more hard AA punishes, lower input lag and stronger v-reversals in general (not holding out hopes for the undoing of v-reversal nerfs come march).
Yep, most characters just can't punish AAs hard enough to discourage jumping. Even Bonchan's Nash couldn't discourage Nemo from jumping in like a hundred times with Urien a couple of weeks ago since his perfect AAs rarely had any big damage combos backing them.
Everyone I've seen who plays Alex always talks about how: 1) he's terrible 2) he's super fun to play.

I should probably pick him up, see what it is about him that's so entertaining.
Power bombs, f.HP, clutch parries and gimmick stomp/headbutt shenanigans are fun. Unfortunately his AA situation is not so hot, his midrange game is weak to put it nicely and his wakeup options are downright hot garbage.

Tell me what I did wrong ( A bunch of match footage where I got rocked )

Eh, they are kind of bad and I need to play as them more. I used to be better at them, but I have been using urien and Bison and lost a bunch of stuff. Though the thing i'm actually proud of myself for doing is attempting to anti air.

Also tell me how to fight karin, I don't know.

It's hard for me to give a lot of advice because I'm really not good, but as far as Karin:

1. Block the first two hits from that full screen punch special she does and punish it the best you can.

2. Try to do jump ins/crossups close to her because unless you're quick and can use the jab, she has a hard time using an anti air when the opponent close to her.

Also, focus on defense a little more. That's something I have to focus on as well. It's hard to try and counter everything the opponent does, but there's always that option of waiting for your time to fight back. It's not a popular thing to do, but it helps sometimes.

Lol. I just made somebody rage quit with my bronze rashid after I hit them with three straight spinning mixers on wake up with no set up at all. That was a first.

Vice

Tell me what I did wrong ( A bunch of match footage where I got rocked )

Eh, they are kind of bad and I need to play as them more. I used to be better at them, but I have been using urien and Bison and lost a bunch of stuff. Though the thing i'm actually proud of myself for doing is attempting to anti air.

Also tell me how to fight karin, I don't know.
Against Karin use lows as much as possible. Because she walks in and out so much you want to clip her legs to discourage your opponent from using her walk speed to approach and shimmy you.
Her fullscreen overhead should be able to be punished by at least a medium button.
For her other buttons either be very close ir at the tip of your characters range and just outside of hers. Like for Balrog where his standing heavy punch will hit but Karin's standing medium kick wont.

FluxWaveZ

I need the Birdie advice.

Vs. Laura (2:27:35)

Looking back, I can tell that I'm too obsessed with constantly using Birdie's V-Skill at bad moments, which go punished. Also, I was jumping too much, which is interesting since I usually don't do that with Birdie, since he's probably one of the worst characters to do that with.

There was one time where I clearly saw the jump-in, did cr.MP, and it whiffed since she was slightly far, and then she got a full combo. Pisses me off. Birdie had one of the best AA options in the game thanks to that button in S1, but now there are distances where an opponent can jump in on you and you can't do anything, because cr.MP won't reach and cr.HP is too slow and they're not quite far enough for you to see it coming. I think it's why Bull Horn is very important as an AA tool for this character now. I have to watch their feet more and keep that charge.

Shackzam

I need the Birdie advice.

Vs. Laura (2:27:35)

Looking back, I can tell that I'm too obsessed with constantly using Birdie's V-Skill at bad moments, which go punished. Also, I was jumping too much, which is interesting since I usually don't do that with Birdie, since he's probably one of the worst characters to do that with.

There was one time where I clearly saw the jump-in, did cr.MP, and it whiffed since she was slightly far, and then she got a full combo. Pisses me off. Birdie had one of the best AA options in the game thanks to that button in S1, but now there are distances where an opponent can jump in on you and you can't do anything, because cr.MP won't reach and cr.HP is too slow and they're not quite far enough for you to see it coming. I think it's why Bull Horn is very important as an AA tool for this character now. I have to watch their feet more and keep that charge.

Twitch has been acting weird for me so I couldn't really watch it. Instead of focusing on the person jumping. Focus on where they are positioning them self and prepare yourself for those options. Because I would think it's birdies main goal to keep laura out so you should focus on where she could possibly get in. I usually have to do this against characters like gief who like to empty jump to make anti air normals whiff and punish me with spd.

FluxWaveZ

Twitch has been acting weird for me so I couldn't really watch it. Instead of focusing on the person jumping. Focus on where they are positioning them self and prepare yourself for those options. Because I would think it's birdies main goal to keep laura out so you should focus on where she could possibly get in. I usually have to do this against characters like gief who like to empty jump to make anti air normals whiff and punish me with spd.

One thing that I mess up related to this is that I'm always chasing the can once it's out way too closely. So I'm not prepared for the inevitable jumps that opponents do to avoid it. I should be walking farther behind the can, and preparing Bull Horn if they decide to jump away from it.

Apparently there are technical issues with purchasing stuff via Steam in the in-game store at the moment:

We are aware of the issue with Steam store from the game client and currently investigating the cause. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
https://twitter.com/SFVServer/status/834316740490256384

Currently, in the PC version "Street Fighter V", we have confirmed obstacles that can not proceed if you access "purchase with Steam" from "SHOP".

Please refrain from executing "buy with Steam" until recovery is completed.
In addition, please restart the game client when it becomes impossible to proceed by selecting it.

Since we are performing recovery work, we will inform you as soon as progress is made.
We apologize for any inconvenience.
http://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/systemfault/131488

HiResDes

So just catching up on King of the Hill seems like the real reason Flash didn't use his Vega is that he needed to have an out or an excuse for the beating he was about to receive and he was worried that if he somehow lost with his main to Punks secondary character it'd look even worse lol.

https://twitter.com/The1LikeSaf/status/834322643985772544
Why would they make so many Blanka statues? hmm

LkzYL1r.png

I also want that statue, but not $380 want, JFC.

Coxy100

Banned
I can get this cheap - has offline mode been added yet? (basically I only play single player - what content is there for this game?)

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I can get this cheap - has offline mode been added yet? (basically I only play single player - what content is there for this game?)

- a cinematic story mode (3 to 4 hours long)
- a short story mode for every character (with drawn art)
- trials for every character
- survival mode
- training mode
- play against the cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom