• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coxy100

Banned
- a cinematic story mode (3 to 4 hours long)
- a short story mode for every character (with drawn art)
- trials for every character
- survival mode
- training mode
- play against the cpu

thank you. sounds quite substantial now then?

Is there a couch VS mode? (so I can play my wife sat next to me)

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

Well, yeah. That's like the whole point of a fighting game.

Oh, there are also some lessons/tutorials for the general gameplay and every character additionally, but it's very basic.

With regards to the short character stories, you should know that there is no worthwhile game-play to those. You can beat the fights in that mode simply by walking forward while tapping any button. However, if you enjoy back-story stuff in Street Fighter, then they are still worth watching (each takes about 5-10 minutes to run through).

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Ucchedavāda;230791834 said:
With regards to the short character stories, you should know that there is no worthwhile game-play to those. You can beat the fights in that mode simply by walking forward while tapping any button. However, if you enjoy back-story stuff in Street Fighter, then they are still worth watching (each takes about 5-10 minutes to run through).
In was going to say the same. These shouldn't count as gameplay content on anyone's list of bullet points.

The game is only worth it, even at a deep discount, if you will at some point have another human to play it with.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I think those short stories are kind of fun, but I also enjoy SF lore. But yeah, they are basically a few slides of story and beating two afk opponents.

Kikirin

A few things I saw in the Karin matches:

- You often walked yourself into/near the corner trying to get back charge for the special. Try charging with downback instead to avoid the problem of walking backwards while charging. Throwing out the back-forward special from fullscreen is also generally a bad idea. While it worked out here, know that it can be full combo punished if it's blocked or neutral jumped over. And since she lacks projectiles, there isn't much use to charging for this outside of combos.

- V-skill zoning is probably not a good option in the matchup vs her due to her having a variety of meterless projectile-invulnerable options to deal with it. Try to limit its use to particular blockstrings.

- She got to jump in a lot for free. Learn your anti-air buttons and be ready to use them.

- Her leap special (qcb+P) is a two-hit overhead, and it has a command throw (only hits standing opponents) or slide followup. You have a couple punish options: 1) You can punish with a LP/LK starter combo immediately after blocking the overhead portion, and it'll beat whatever followup she does after. This also punishes her if she chooses not to use a followup. 2) If you think she will go for one of the followups, you can crouch block to both avoid the command throw and block the slide followups. This will get you a stronger punish at the risk of missing the punish window when a followup is not used.

- Her kicks specials (qcb+K) may have additional hits after the first two kicks, depending on the strength used. One hits overhead and neither hit low, so you can switch to a standing guard to avoid getting opened up. I haven't experimented to see if the gap between the initial kicks and the additional hit(s) can be mashed out of, but all versions can be punished with 6f or faster moves, distance permitting.

- Shoulder is typically a blockstring ender (-2 on block) and it's your turn to pressure after blocking it.

Two RQ in a row in Casual Holy Shit guys. Unfortunately I only capture the first RQ.

After those two games, I'm not finding any matches and when I did, it was a FM farmer. I guess after 3 games, Capcom is telling me I should stop playing.

LakeEarth

No dashing attacks that goes across the screen suddenly should completely safe on block, EX or not. In SF5, EX dashing attacks are too fast to react to AND almost always safe. You usually don't even need to even think about spacing when using meter.

And this is coming from an Urien player.

Oh well then I guess Alex is a shining example cause EX elbow is unsafe as fuck.

huh maybe Alex is a fair and honest character and thats why he is low tier...

LakeEarth

Oh well then I guess Alex is a shining example cause EX elbow is unsafe as fuck.

huh maybe Alex is a fair and honest character and thats why he is low tier...

Alex was the only reason I put "almost" in my post.

In V-Trigger, Birdie gets frame 1 armor AND his is safe on block on his dashing attack. Alex's armor comes several frames in and is punishable as all hell.

MCD250

No dashing attacks that goes across the screen suddenly should completely safe on block, EX or not. In SF5, EX dashing attacks are too fast to react to AND almost always safe. You usually don't even need to even think about spacing when using meter.

And this is coming from an Urien player.
I can agree with that.

Urien's EX shoulder, especially, is ridiculous.

If your 380 dollar statue is a towering beauty, such as Kolin or best waitfu Blair from SFEX, sure, rock it. That's a pussy magnet and girls will flock to your house. You made the right choice.

But if it's that fucking goblin Blanka? Go drink your own piss, Ono.

By the way, supposedly WSO said that CPT info would be coming Monday. WSO isn't always reliable, but I kinda hope it's then and tomorrow's possible info is something different. I guess the CPT guys were having trouble nailing down all the events.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Matthew Edwards is probably the one you should listen to when it comes to stuff like this. I mean, who else is left?

Harrison updates the blog.
TheStreetWriter or whatever that guy's name is plans to take over Haunts position.
Left Behind Guy leaks shit because Capcom doesn't care.
The WSO people sometimes have good information. They were right on the Kolin reveal IIRC.
And there's a dude dedicated to CPT stuff that sometimes comments on where that's at.

A point of reference person would still be nice though.

Matthew Edwards is TheStreetWriter.

Harrison posts blogposts, but that's a one sided affair. The left-behind guy is a joke.

I thought he's working on Marvel?

Ah! I didn't know that about Matt. Guess I should have read their profiles.

Left Behind guy somehow still has his job but he's dropped some hints here and there.

E6JU7po.jpg

Capcom has realized at this point that they have so little to show that even announcements and reveals need to be announced beforehand.

Don't worry, when they have something to show, they'll tell us directly.

Thursday's probably gonna be something MvC:I related AT BEST. At worst, it's a 380$ El Fuerte statue.

kirblar

Man, there better be something on thursday...
Pretty sure it's Character 3. Kolin's blog specifically stated we'd be getting info on the 4 remaining characters every other month starting in February, so I'd assume we have a March release slated for it.

Looking at a few WhoIs services, it looks like the capcom-unity.com domain expired a few days ago (26-jan-2017), and then got renewed today (when they noticed?). So the domains will probably start working again in a short while.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty sure it's Character 3. Kolin's blog specifically stated we'd be getting info on the 4 remaining characters every other month starting in February, so I'd assume we have a March release slated for it.
But...Kolin isn't even out yet? Why would we get one in march?

They did start in February.

With Kolin.

So expect news in April.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom