• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edzi

Pretty sure it's Character 3. Kolin's blog specifically stated we'd be getting info on the 4 remaining characters every other month starting in February, so I'd assume we have a March release slated for it.

Yeah, this makes no sense. Feb is Kolin.

Ryce

They did start in February.

With Kolin.
No, the blog specified that we'd hear about the final four characters beginning in February. Here's the exact wording: "expect to hear more from us about each of the remaining four characters every other month beginning in February."

They probably made a mistake and meant to say March, though.

MCD250

If there really is something for tomorrow, I'd expect it to be something like, say, an announcement for new costumes/stages that will be dropping with Kolin on Tuesday (or shortly after, I dunno). That's at the most.

MindofKB

Yeah, at most it's going to be content information/balance info or something regarding Marvel.

It won't be info regarding the anniversary stuff because Ono said that was dropping June/July.

Also, yes, Combofiend has been spending quite a bit of time on Marvel.

Kolin hasn't even dropped yet, so don't count on info regarding the next character.

No, the blog specified that we'd hear about the final four characters beginning in February. Here's the exact wording: "expect to hear more from us about each of the remaining four characters every other month beginning in February."

They probably made a mistake and meant to say March, though.

But it does make sense.

February = Kolin

March = Balance patch

April = Character no 3

May = Leaving Behind Haters

June = Character no 4

July = My birthday

August = Character no 5

September = ???

October = Character no 6

Where did the idea that we'd get some kind of announcement tomorrow come from?

https://twitter.com/diamonon/status/833661812616921089

kirblar

October is too late in the year for a character to drop and actually show up in the CPT.

March/May/July/September works better- you get a post-EVO character and players have an extra month with the final DLC character.

Ryce

But it does make sense.
The blog post explicitly says "beginning in February," though. That's why some people are confused. Kolin isn't one of the four remaining characters. The language used in the blog post implies that we'll hear about the remaining four characters in February, April, June, and August, which is probably wrong. Capcom should have worded the post differently.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Well, we know CPT info is next week, balance news early march and that they won't put out character info before Kolin even drops. That's why I'm hoping for software update news, especially since they release patches and characters (Kolin) simultaneously.
Could totally be a Marvel thing, too.

Village

Mods have made me upset

After having fun with cammy online, which costed me... a shit ton of points tbh. I then decided to play alex, when I noticed his bomber jacket 3rdstrike mod has a patented New York Dead Ass color ( TM)

ZLVAvtk.jpg
I am now upset when the actual costume comes out it wont have this color

MindofKB

October is too late in the year for a character to drop and actually show up in the CPT.

March/May/July/September works better- you get a post-EVO character and players have an extra month with the final DLC character.

The last few characters may get bundled together. Capcom doesn't have a story mode to work on this season so that dedicated team may be able to get characters out faster.

MCD250

But it does make sense.

February = Kolin

March = Balance patch

April = Character no 3

May = Leaving Behind Haters

June = Character no 4

July = My birthday

August = Character no 5

September = ???

October = Character no 6
In September Capcom will buff Urien even more to commemorate the one year anniversary of his release.

Oh, hum...if this is the source of the Thursday rumors then I would advise people to keep expectations in check. I mean, who knows if dude is even talking about Street Fighter there.

Does that guy usually deal with Marvel stuff though? But I guess it's all the same to him. Maybe the content stuff will come with the patch though.

Village

Why does everyone like color 12 rog, I hate that color

now 11, thats a color. 14 is also pretty good. Haven't got a leve 50 rog to get 15. I would just grind survival, but i'm afraid I wont get any points if I do it because servers.

Does that guy usually deal with Marvel stuff though? But I guess it's all the same to him. Maybe the content stuff will come with the patch though.

His bio says he's the Director of Licensing & Consumer Products at Capcom. Makes sense that it might be something tie-in related like toys or comics or something along those lines.

MCD250

Black colors look pretty great on most characters in this game tbh. Vega and Chun's black default outfits look fantastic. So does Ibuki's black premium outfit.

His bio says he's the Director of Licensing & Consumer Products at Capcom. Makes sense that it might be something tie-in related like toys or comics or something along those lines.

Yeah it could be that shit.No big deal if it's nothing, I'm looking forward to CPT shit anyway.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
That is the "SFV haters will be left behind" guy, that's why people think this pinned tweet refers to Street Fighter.

Village

Black colors look pretty great on most characters in this game tbh. Vega and Chun's black default outfits look fantastic. So does Ibuki's black premium outfit.

it would be fine if it didn't have that shit shade of blue. Its like the worst shade of blue to go with that black

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

Ken's black outfit comes with a sickly skin color, so after buying it and trying it I immediately changed to White Party Ken and never looked back. The outfit itself is good, though.

stn

Anyone up for some matchup talk? I wanted to cover Ryu. I think his hardest matchups are against Balrog, Guile, and Rashid. I also think he has a few 5-5 matchups that are nevertheless difficult to win. I do think he beats Birdie, Vega, and Ken. Thoughts?

MCD250

it would be fine if it didn't have that shit shade of blue. Its like the worst shade of blue to go with that black
Should've been red. Red and black always looks dope.

Ken's black outfit comes with a sickly skin color, so after buying it and trying it I immediately changed to White Party Ken and never looked back. The outfit itself is good, though.
Yeah, there's a few duds. Laura has two black colors on her default and one of them makes her white and blond.

Which, I mean...

Anyone up for some matchup talk? I wanted to cover Ryu. I think his hardest matchups are against Balrog, Guile, and Rashid. I also think he has a few 5-5 matchups that are nevertheless difficult to win. I do think he beats Birdie, Vega, and Ken. Thoughts?
I feel like Ryu struggles most against people who have better reach than him (which I guess at this point might be most of the cast at this point...) or people who can zone out halfway decently. Sim and Guile are a nightmare for him, especially this season. Peeps who can get through his crap fireballs like Rog, Cammy, etc. can definitely give him a lot of trouble, since the recovery on it is so lengthy now.

October for DLC character #6, then December for Season 3. A new content drop every two months, apparently until 2020. (LOL no)

Combofiend is one of MvCI's Producers and I'd expect that's his main role now. I expect we'll get a release date at E3.

Tomorrow maybe we get a blog post on the March update sans balance change notes, which should be coming in early March?

MCD250

I think blond Chun is not so bad because I can hang with the idea that a Chinese lady might just feel like dying her hair like that one day.

But Laura just straight up becoming a white woman?

msl6h99.gif

Village

I think the blond colors are cool
I would also like blond characters to get more colors to change their har aswell. Like a red head cammy or a brunette karin.

I like colors that change hair color

Alex's red hair is tight

Im also fan of skin tone changes too, third strike had colors that strait up made characters black. I wish stuff like that came back

I would also like blond characters to get more colors to change their har aswell

Alex's red hair is tighr

I don't even care how much I dislike Capcom and this game, I'd drop more money on it if I could get some nice Kolin colours with like an all-white, Ashen hair and white colour outfit thing going.

Also purple hair with a light blue outfit.

Goddamn it Capcom, you see that. That's money on the goddamn table that's just fucking lying there.

They're dropping CPT info on Monday, 27th Feb, so most likely info about the patch will be announced then or a bit after that.

Yup, entirely possible that the patch info hits then. Or maybe there's no actual patch and Haunts was talking about stuff he didn't know about. *shrug*

MCD250

Man, why did they make it so that you can't get through Rashid's tornado with projectile invincibility anymore.

Why

I would also like blond characters to get more colors to change their har aswell. Like a red head cammy or a brunette karin.

Alex's red hair is tight

Im also fan of skin tone changes too, third strike had colors that strait up made characters black. I wish stuff like that came back
In this game they just develop severe sunburn.

I don't even care how much I dislike Capcom and this game, I'd drop more money on it if I could get some nice Kolin colours with like an all-white, Ashen hair and white colour outfit thing going.

Also purple hair with a light blue outfit.
Would go well with the ice lady motif.

Village

Man, why did they make it so that you can't get through Rashid's tornado with projectile invincibility anymore.

Why

In this game they just develop severe sunburn.

Would go well with the ice lady motif.
Actually I dont mind the tan stuff too, I just want more variation in the darkness of skin. The only two characters I can think of that get dark is alex 13 (it also makes.him brunette), a few lara colors, there are some colors that make urien darker and he only has has one that makes his hair a dark color, and juri's 15. Ken has a color that gets him pretty tan too.

EX2 colors for JP preorders
That will be the storm color, all cool platinum blond colors are exclusive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom