• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCarter

Capcom is also doing a great job at keeping redundant characters (in looks and fighting style/move set) the lowest it's probably ever been for the series.

Indeed. This is probably the best cast a SF game has ever had - very unique and diverse selection of characters. Can't wait to see the next four in S2.

mbpm1

Yo that Akuma parry was on Reddit. Dude said he noticed the Mika call and that if she has two arms up in the air it's a later drop, and if it's just one it comes out instantly or something. I forgot, but well done on him to notice and react.

It's always been a thing known, but people often don't do proper labwork on it. Cool to see.

kirblar

What's impressive about it? It's actually pretty simple.
It's one thing if you're a Mika player- you should have your setups and timings down pat- but actually getting that into muscle memory opposing her AND lining it up w/ the Parry mid-match? I wouldn't be able to pull that off.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Yo that Akuma parry was on Reddit. Dude said he noticed the Mika call and that if she has two arms up in the air it's a later drop, and if it's just one it comes out instantly or something. I forgot, but well done on him to notice and react.

I'm not. Most Bison's get away with shit because they can bully people that don't understand his gameplan. Having a flaw doesn't mean the character is garbage. You can bully Urien with characters like Cammy, Bison, or Balrog who can get their shit started earlier. Doesn't make Urien any less of a Top Five/Three character despite his mediocre defense.

Please don't nerf him Capcom he deserves this please.

If they do I'm probably gonna stop playing the game. Rev2 and T7 are almost here. I don't have any patience left to put up with capcom's dart board balancing.

Neoxon

Capcom is also doing a great job at keeping redundant characters (in looks and fighting style/move set) the lowest it's probably ever been for the series.
Agreed, & it's rather refreshing. I can't wait to see how they keep it going for the rest of Season 2 as well as future seasons.

kobu

I'm not. Most Bison's get away with shit because they can bully people that don't understand his gameplan. Having a flaw doesn't mean the character is garbage. You can bully Urien with characters like Cammy, Bison, or Balrog who can get their shit started earlier. Doesn't make Urien any less of a Top Five/Three character despite his mediocre defense.

Please don't nerf him Capcom he deserves this please.

I feel you. I'm just saying I had to hear people complain for months about how bison sucks when he really wasn't that bad so I'm not trying to hear it now that he's even better.

It's always been a thing known, but people often don't do proper labwork on it. Cool to see.

Man you could say that about a lot of shit in fighting games.

If they do I'm probably gonna stop playing the game. Rev2 and T7 are almost here. I don't have any patience left to put up with capcom's dart board balancing.

Dart board balancing?

Boy have I got some things to tell you about Rev2

Although Tekken 7 has the benefit of actually being out for years and multiple revisions.

I feel you. I'm just saying I had to hear people complain for months about how bison sucks when he really wasn't that bad so I'm not trying to hear it now that he's even better.

People whine about their characters all the time. Downplaying is a 9-1 strat. Only a select few people should be complaining right now.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

No actually. He was pretty bad. He's good now but no way in hell was he 'not that bad' in S1.

Man you could say that about a lot of shit in fighting games.

Dart board balancing?

Boy have I got some things to tell you about Rev2

Arc surprisingly hasn't butchered a single character yet. Plus playing low tier (should they nerf Johnny) is more flexible in a game with so many system mechanics. Except Pot (rip).

People whine about their characters all the time. Downplaying is a 9-1 strat. Only a select few people should be complaining right now.

You forgot the other top tier strat. Blame your losses on a tier list/character. You'd swear alot of FGC mufuckers ain't never been outplayed in their life, lol.

MCD250

I'm the opposite of a top player in that I'm so trash and my character is so good that whenever I win I'm confident it's because she carried me through it rather than anything I did.

Basically, this is me.

MCD250

Wait, how many seasons does Capcom intend to have for SF V?
I believe they've said they intend to support the game until at least 2020 or so. So I'd say you can probably expect at least one or two more, aside from additional balance patches and miscellaneous DLC.

Neoxon

Wait, how many seasons does Capcom intend to have for SF V?
As the others have said, Capcom plans to support SFV until 2020. If we assume that each season will last a year & that they do seasons of DLC characters up until 2020, it's likely that we'll get a minimum of 5 seasons by the end of SFV's dev support. Basically, we can expect around 3 more seasons after this one.

Getting bored, when's Kolin

Y6Rr5p.gif

Kashiwaba

So i played this Ryu who parry every cross up, and it was actually more effective than i ever thought he shut down all my cross ups.

Mieu

Thanks guys! 2020, i wonder if they'll release a collected edition within the last leg. Everything unlocked at $59.99

Can't for Kolin and grab 20,000 FM again. Lol

So i played this Ryu who parry every cross up, and it was actually more effective than i ever thought he shut down all my cross ups.

When I was playing more I would do this as well. But I made sure to not go for it every time because I know the players that I was playing would eventually adjust. But I would go back to it eventually to surprise them and remind them that it's there.

It's definitely not something you should spam as you can get blown up for it badly. But it's a nice little mind game. One time I parried a cross up and did LK tatsu into Super. I did that because the guy tech'd the first time we were in that situation.

I don't know you tell me. People still getting clocked by random slides.

Today is Thursday. I have no expectations and I'm ready to go.

ElFly

Always felt off to me.

SF5 immediately felt closer to the SF I'm used to than SF4 did after years of playing.

oh god yes

SF4 was so stiff coming from the sprite games

SF5 is finally the game correctly done

SF5 has many problems but just in game feel is several tiers above 4

They're going to get Laura'd so hard.
Probably the way I got Mika'd tonight. I actually didn't hate fighting her in season one, but I fought the most annoying fucker tonight that nearly ruined my impression of season 2 in just two sets. The nerfs on Alex's slash elbow and all his normals made it UNBEARABLE to fight Mika. She even has better command grabs, a better armored move and close range normals to boot. I want to throttle anyone that listed her as a low tier character. Good God does it suck when one just has to use the worst grappler in the game. I'm such a freaking masochist.

Edit: In other news... I tried the loading mod today and it is fantastic. I can't believe SFV has been out for a year with it's current atrocious loading. Core users like us must have literally wasted tens of hours waiting for this game to finish loading for a fight, profiles or some other random menu options.

Probably the way I got Mika'd tonight. I actually didn't hate fighting her in season one, but I fought the most annoying fucker tonight that nearly ruined my impression of season 2 in just two sets. The nerfs on Alex's slash elbow and all his normals made it UNBEARABLE to fight Mika. She even has better command grabs, a better armored move and close range normals to boot. I want to throttle anyone that listed her as a low tier character. Good God does it suck when one just has to use the worst grappler in the game. I'm such a freaking masochist.
Play Birdie.

Alchemist

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Just a guess based on tweets, so probably nothing.

I wouldn't be surprised if it is eSport related, though. He seems to care about that a lot.

edit: Oh just a FYI: there is a new framedata app called "Frame Data V (FDV)" which is closer to the old VFrames one than FAT. I like it more, because it's fewer taps to just jump from one character's data to another.

Sayad

Cannes Winter Clash is this weekend, SFV first EU major, lets see what can those who made Laura work in S1 do in S2.
When is Capcom going to announce CPT 2017 stuff?!

Play Birdie.
I should considering he does almost everything better and even has a not-shitty spiral DDT to boot. Out of all the grapplers in season 2 I was most interested in Gief, though. Unfortunately his awesome v-skill got a lot worse in season 2. At least he's got the most health in the game to make use of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom