• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
It's going to be a road map and how the DLC characters will affect the tournament. I expect nothing.
What? No. They will announce the structure of this year's CPT. How the points are distributed and how qualifying works. And I actually think it's a bit late.

Pompadour

Glad to see that I'm not the only one who felt that way.

That's not to say that SFIV was bad by any means, it just felt weird to me compared to previous SF games.

Yeah, I really didn't like how IV felt when I first played it. The jump arcs and dashes really bothered me in particular but I got over it eventually. Conversely, SFV felt way better when I first tried it but some of that may be from getting used to how IV felt because the games don't feel completely dissimilar.

And for the record, 3S is the best feeling Street Fighter game. Moving a character in that feels so easy and responsive. By comparison moving characters in IV feels like operating heavy machinery.

Blueblur1

Did anyone catch the tweet from Panda Gaming? "Wow, big SFV news coming today. Just wait." The tweet is currently deleted but it still shows up in my Tweetbot timeline; it was retweeted by Acekingoffsuit. Tweeted at 11:19 AM Eastern.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Did anyone catch the tweet from Panda Gaming? "Wow, big SFV news coming today. Just wait." The tweet is currently deleted but it still shows up in my Tweetbot timeline; it was retweeted by Acekingoffsuit. Tweeted at 11:19 AM Eastern.
Yep.

tweeted then deleted

ETA to left behind status?

Pompadour

So that's what he was talking about when he said "don't ruin it Ace"

Fuck
Fuck
Fuck

This whole thing is very weird. Why is this guy at Capcom the one dropping hints? I feel like Capcom of Japan put a lockdown on their employees teasing future updates. Ono was tweeting cryptic messages and posting super zoomed in screenshots all last year and this year the biggest reveal he's made is that there's "one or two surprises" they might announce around Evo.

My guess is left behind guy didn't get the memo because they forgot what floor he worked on or something.

kirblar

This whole thing is very weird. Why is this guy at Capcom the one dropping hints? I feel like Capcom of Japan put a lockdown on their employees teasing future updates. Ono was tweeting cryptic messages and posting super zoomed in screenshots all last year and this year the biggest reveal he's made is that there's "one or two surprises" they might announce around Evo.

My guess is left behind guy didn't get the memo because they forgot what floor he worked on or something.
Ono's in SF right now.

Moaradin

Huh, seems like we're actually gonna get something today? Hopefully I wake up to some nice news.

Though if that is the case, it is pretty weird that this random guy at capcom is the only one hinting at it.

MCD250

So EventHubs (yeah, I know, but still) are speculating that the new balance patch might modify the risk/reward aspect of certain special moves in the game to bring the game to a less random/YOLO style of play. They're basing this on the fact that Kolin's special moves and even her V-Trigger seem fairly unsafe to use compared to other characters.

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2017...te-kolins-gameplay-footage-leads-us-think-so/

I don't know how compelling the argument and evidence are (Cammy, for example, also has stupidly unsafe special moves, and she is one of the most accessible and viable characters in the game) but still, something to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom