• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

mbpm1

Many of Nash's things are slow and more predictive. Understanding your opponent is key as well as spacing and such.

For example whenever I fight a Nash I open with cr. mk as Kolin. Stuffs all typical forward movement advances, recovers in time to block things like jump ins or jaguar kicks, well enough time to be safe against fireballs. However, Nash can do his meter steal attack to beat it, or some delayed option, and if I fight someone who does that I know they know what's up. You need to think of things like that to succeed as nash in s2.

I think I inadvertently figured out who the rapper on Ed's theme is.

He responded to my youtube comment on the Playstation channel's version of the trailer (but then he deleted it) as Caleb Combs:
https://soundcloud.com/calcombsmusic

Sounds like him.

CcTz5Ec.png

It sounds like he didn't like it lol

Well, my comment was specifically about the little "Whoo!" he does that coincides with Ed's arm flick in the trailer.

Didn't get the feeling he disliked the whole song, tho.

Sadly he deleted, so I couldn't ask anything else.

There was a Nash at a tournament who bodied Pookngo and Xyzzy I think. He was pretty crazy too but I don't remember his name. It was a 3v3 so it wasn't like he was in the brackets or something.

Shadoken

Resorting to character unfamiliarity and weird VT mixups will only get you so far with Nash. I feel like to play Nash , your defense has to be on point so that you dont get put in bad situations. And very few people have that in this game. Thats why even as a low tier character , he only works at really high level play. ( Or super low level play where shit like Jaguar kicks never get punished )

His gameplan is to stay at a far range , where he can whiff punish any of the opponents moves and just chuck booms and start pressure and then get back to that sweet spot.

The problem is since his walkspeed is ass and dashes are slow now. Its VEERY hard to position and re-position yourself. Even if the opponent walks just a little forward your spacing is off and ur fighting at a disadvantage.

I really feel like it was the Backdash and V-Reversal nerf that hit him the hardest. They reduced the range on backdash but didnt reduce the recovery , so it feels slow af now. And his V reversal puts him too close to the opponent. So even if you did it succesfully , you are at a pretty bad spot.

Many of Nash's things are slow and more predictive. Understanding your opponent is key as well as spacing and such.

For example whenever I fight a Nash I open with cr. mk as Kolin. Stuffs all typical forward movement advances, recovers in time to block things like jump ins or jaguar kicks, well enough time to be safe against fireballs. However, Nash can do his meter steal attack to beat it, or some delayed option, and if I fight someone who does that I know they know what's up. You need to think of things like that to succeed as nash in s2.

Or he could just whiff punish with Sweep or Hop Kick to beat it. Why would anyone risk doing an unsafe move like Tragedy assault. Its very punishable on block and recovers quite slowly.

I've encountered it a few times.

I don't know if cr. mp reaches from round start.

Since she low profiles you can catch her, but I think you have to be pretty early to beat it on startup. It's probably only a good idea to do it raw if you think she's going to hit that button again and are at that distance where she won't catch you with it.

On the flipside since it's 8 frames you could crmp into EX TA on counter hit.

So, whos expecting the new cfn to actually be good

If it's like it was during the beta but without the errors and bullshit, I'll be happy. When I was able to find matches rapidly, shit was so good. Everything was good and stable, and didn't have too many teleportation matches beyond ones you could tell that were straight up Micky D's Wifiboyz.

But the constant errors and not finding matches at some points weighted it down. So if they fix that, we gucci

I just want flags man.

Can't wait to block people.

Do you play
Laura
Mika
Ibuki
Urien
Guile
Or Necalli?

GTAB

When using the same techniques, it's a pretty linear increase in time/expenses.
However UE4 uses PBR rendering, which is a completely different way of rendering textures, which in turn also requires a completely different way of building them; it's generally a much longer process compared to traditional texturing methods.
Add that to the increase in time for modeling/sculpting/rigging itself and yes, sf5 costumes take much more time to build than sf4's.
I see. Gotta find some time to read up on that. Thanks for the explanation!

I'll settle for "better".

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I think it will be good a week after it launches and the surge of players has subsided.

For real though I need it to be good because for the last month my fight requests for 4-5 bars have been offering me 1 bar matches like at least 50% of the time. And I accept them and they're usually totally playable. So something is broken somewhere.

Indeed
Like to be wrong and we get good shit tho

Can't believe how long we've been playing together with zero improvement lol. I really hope this actually changes things for the better.

Literally all they would need to do to improve on what we have right now is fix the errors that were in the previous beta. I would like better loading times and correction on onesided roll back though.

I'm with you. Those loading times are a pain in the ass..

Netcode is alright most of the time. Like you can't stop people playing on wifi (stop that) or whatever. Capcom seems to have a more finicky network than most though.

Problems come up when their servers start bugging out. Then nobody is having fun. And that happens too often.

Can't believe how long we've been playing together with zero improvement lol. I really hope this actually changes things for the better.

I'm with you. Those loading times are a pain in the ass..

They were a slight bit better in the beta. Like from 25-45 seconds down to 22ish seconds. Other factors might be getting in the way, so we'll see how things pan out with the PS4 version.

Fighting people with bad internet is like fighting Chappu who likes to teleport a lot.

The cfn only fixes small things. Its not substantial like 3SOE update or MKXL

MrCarter

I think it's a huge step in the right direction though. The amount of stuff they have for the CFN update is quite substantial.

Top Bottom