• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

I think it's a huge step in the right direction though. The amount of stuff they have for the CFN update is quite substantial.

They still use bars to determine connection instead of through ping. We still don't know who we're facing when accepting matches. No region filtering in matchmaking with no flag and no benchmark tool on pc.

It's like playing Russian Roulette with how bad U.S. internet can be and getting matched up by someone outside the country.

Shadoken

I've encountered it a few times.

I don't know if cr. mp reaches from round start.

Its just that TA is like this super slow startup move. Nobody should really be throwing it out randomly. Unless your using HP TA to predict against a Fireball coz it has some Projectile invinc.

mbpm1

Its just that TA is like this super slow startup move. Nobody should really be throwing it out randomly. Unless your using HP TA to predict against a Fireball coz it has some Projectile invinc.

It's not random if it's a read.

Of course there are better things you could do

Ken_Master

Neo Member
The top 7 of each region's leaderboards go on to the play in the regional finals with a last chance qualifier for the Regional Finals to find the 8th player. The player who wins the finals gets 400 points, but if the 400 points does not put that player in the top 30 players on the global ranking board, the player will still get qualified.

So no the top 7 regional players are not automatically qualified for Capcom Cup. The winner(s) of the Regional Finals will be qualified for Capcom Cup if the 400 points boost doesn't put them in the top 30 players. And yes the other players in the Regional Finals will get the premier points pay out.

So Capcom Cup should consist of the top 26 players from the global ranking leader boards, 4 regional finals winners, 1 last chance qualifier winner, and NuckleDu. (I think)

Thank you very much, it is much more clear now

Decided to start extra difficulty story mode for the 50k FM. Who the hell thought this would be fun to play. About half way through and will continue​ another day.

Hardest one so far is easily the first fight. You as nash with like half heath against input reading cheating bison with full health. Made it worse as my nash skills are zero.

Then it was easy till Sim.against necalli. I also suck as sim.

Nothing as close to horrific as those so far but fighting 4 easy AI then and input reading monster is the opposite of fun. Fav us necalli walking towards you then the second you hit a button he does disk guidance. I mean come on lol.

Anyway i need that 50k. Still got like 3 or 4 mika colours i want (need).

Durden77

I haven't played this in a few months, but I'll always be back and it will always be in my blood, and I just have to say that this CFN revamp just sounds super exciting.

No matter the shit that geta flinged at thia game, it's still my personal favorite SF ever and I think it continues to ooze tons of potential. It makes me happy throughout all of this that even though Capcom doesn't do things right all the time, they seem like they are truly committed to making the game reach it's full potential with time.

LakeEarth

Yeah the Sim matches were the hardest for me in Hard Mode for the story. At least retries load quick, which is a fucking miracle in this game.

MrCarter

They still use bars to determine connection instead of through ping. We still don't know who we're facing when accepting matches. No region filtering in matchmaking with no flag and no benchmark tool on pc.

It's like playing Russian Roulette with how bad U.S. internet can be and getting matched up by someone outside the country.

I said it was a step in the right direction but of course that doesn't mean they can't improve further. Personally, I like that we don't know who we are up against. Keeps us on our toes.

Decided to start extra difficulty story mode for the 50k FM. Who the hell thought this would be fun to play. About half way through and will continue​ another day.

Hardest one so far is easily the first fight. You as nash with like half heath against input reading cheating bison with full health. Made it worse as my nash skills are zero.

You're going to enjoy fighting santamu, decapre and bison.

Kashiwaba

Nothing as close to horrific as those so far but fighting 4 easy AI then and input reading monster is the opposite of fun. Fav us necalli walking towards you then the second you hit a button he does disk guidance. I mean come on lol.

Wait till the last or second to last fight between Nash and Bison lol, i think i had to repeat that like 15 times.

kofvscapcom

Neo Member
think I had to spam Nash crouching HP in that last fight against bison in Extra difficulty. The fights against Decapre and Juli to a lesser degree were cool cause they do real combos, and you get to see her moves.

Peter as a dlc character, his backstory's that he's a capcop and hes had enough of the thuggery.

The best thing about Birdie is that he's a big fat guy who yells "Hypnotic!" as he dolphin dives at you from a mile away.

Birdie plays the mind games so well. I'll go a whole round without throwing and then start doing it like crazy and dudes are like "wait wtf". I've started practicing with him and I kinda like him more than Necalli once you get over the slow ass normals.

That and he has a mini-parry with that one frame of armor on his f+hp I think

This shit is dope in general

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P5mRtvT1fk

The only hard fights are the ones using nash. The rest are pretty easy.

FluxWaveZ

Huh, his super can juggle but it doesn't go into the animation. That's uncommon for SF5, most supers always go to the animation unless the non-cinematic hits kill.

It would very likely go into the animation after a certain hit, and wouldn't if the opponent would die before that hit would connect, or as that hit connects.

kirblar

Huh, his super can juggle but it doesn't go into the animation. That's uncommon for SF5, most supers always go to the animation unless the non-cinematic hits kill.
Huh? One of the juggles does go into it. He has a ton of non-cinematic hits prior to the animation starting.

Ryce

The Akuma and Kolin character introduction videos were put up 11-12 days before they released, so we’re possibly looking at a May 23 release date for Ed.

Edzi

Ed's V-Skill seems really interesting. It seems to work on block and Matt mentioned something about it extending block stun too.

FluxWaveZ

The Akuma and Kolin character introduction videos were put up 11-12 days before they released, so we’re possibly looking at a May 23 release date for Ed.

Those characters weren't first available through a public beta; I don't think the correlation is there.

Lulubop

And if this beta doesn't go Well? They're obviously waiting to see how smooth this goes before giving a date.

mbpm1

Ed's V-Skill seems really interesting. It seems to work on block and Matt mentioned something about it extending block stun too.

If you charge it it looks plus on block

presumably uncharged isn't

His buttons look nothing special but he does some damage

It working on block is kinda odd. What to stop you flinging them into the air and hitting them and repeat. Or ground drag into hit / throw 50/50 constantly. Guess we will see soon enough.

Edzi

It working on block is kinda odd. What to stop you flinging them into the air and hitting them and repeat. Or ground drag into hit / throw 50/50 constantly. Guess we will see soon enough.

Probably super punishable if you jump, kind of like a grab. Also, you might only be plus if you do the fully charged v-skill.

Numb

Damn, he can pull you in on block, cancel your fireball plus pull you in and AA with his VSkill, seesh. He can control the speed of his Trigger too. Gonna be a problem character.

vskill Birdie chain but still pulls in on block
i like it

I wonder how many people are going to keep letting him get away with a fully charged one during the beta. I wanna see some salt

Top Bottom