• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

MCD250

Giving Juri sleeves on her old costume is kinda weird. I assume it's so she'll have something to take off with the code, but it's odd that you have to input the code to make the costume look how it's "supposed" to. Should've just taken off her hair buns or something.

robot

Awesome job with the stages.

Costumes seem very similar to what I've seen already, but Juri's is nice. That CPT Guile costume is a huge letdown especially.

Blueblur1

I'm running pools and missing the all the news. Capcom really blowing their load.

[Get ready for two months of silence after Abigail's revealed.

Ryce

If I knew Ring of Destiny would be taken off the shop seemingly forever I would have just bought it last year. I hope Capcom brings it back. I hate having a grayed out stage on the select screen.

Pompadour

If I knew Ring of Destiny would be taken off the shop seemingly forever I would have just bought it last year. I hope Capcom brings it back. I hate having a grayed out stage on the select screen.

I'm hoping they bring back the holiday costumes and stages just in case I decide I want them.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Did they already warn us that it would be in case if we didn't buy it? That's why I bought it in first place.

Lulubop

Is this character really about to be 10 feet tall? 3/4 screen normals and cmd grabs? Armor? Like wtf is about to happen here son. How are grabs going to even interact with him?

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Is this character really about to be 10 feet tall? 3/4 screen normals and cmd grabs? Armor? Like wtf is about to happen here son. How are grabs going to even interact with him?
Long reach but slow attacks. Can't be thrown. He doesn't block any attacks out of principle. Has 1300 health.

I should work for Capcpom.

Lulubop

I think he'll have low slow normals but with armor. Maybe he can't be crossed up, he'll definitely be able to block tho. Throws tho, hmm.

That fucking stage tho, I'm in love. Gritty NYC stages are always the best in any fighting game

Bob White

He will have two stock throw animations regardless of who throws him. I'm thinking, if he is massive, it'll be some sort of foot stomp run under in between legs like that. Or some other known David and Goliath trope.

A75MEM0.png

Lmao

The new stages and Alex's costume look awesome.

Guile's CPT alt is really disappointing though, particularly after how amazing Necalli's was.

Let me design the costumes. I'll do right by everyone.

He will have two stock throw animations regardless of who throws him. I'm thinking, if he is massive, it'll be some sort of foot stomp run under in between legs like that. Or some other known David and Goliath trope.

Every other character should get a new throw animation that only happens when they try to throw Abigail. Basically it's similar to Dan's SF4 back throw. Except, there is no success on the second try. You just fail and decide to do something else like judo trip.

Pompadour

CPT Costumes + Stage are a goddamn ripoff and I don't understand why people buy them.

It's to support the CPT. Honestly, I think that pricing is fair for what it is. If anything, the premium costume prices in general are a rip off and $4 costumes set the price floor for the CPT package.

CPT Costumes + Stage are a goddamn ripoff and I don't understand why people buy them.

The money goes to CPT prices and production, excluding Sony's and Valve's cut.
I was happy throwing some money their way, considering the amount of entertainment I've gotten out of that tournament series.

But I agree that it is not worthwhile, if you just want the costumes and/or stage.

Only reason I bought it last year is to support the CPT. I haven't bought it this year yet, but I probably will again for the same reason. SF games are the only games that I play and watch for the most part. So I gotta keep supporting it otherwise there is nothing left for me to truly be passionate about.

I don't think the prices are fair though. I think Capcom is definitely trying to squeeze the extra pennies out of their small and dedicated fanbase. But like I said, I have no choice. I'm not playing MK or Tekken if SF is no more. I might be a casual viewer of other games, otherwise I'd be done as a player.

Marvel

could never
I have zero FM after buying Ed's story alt... fuck. Ah well I can't not get this retro stage, the first and only stage to be bought with real money.

Top Bottom