• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Neoxon

I don't know what netcode USFII uses but it's in every way better than SFV. I gotten matches from Chile and Canada and while players can set their own flags like in V's, games ended up being smooth. This is with a 5ghz wifi with signals showing to be weak on my opponent and yet the worse it has been was minor hiccups.

Meanwhile here's a player from Mexico from SFV. He's going to taunt then lag and skip about 20 frames to do his overhead. Then face a player from Liberia, why? I guess the flag is similar to the US.

You see people saying Capcom are getting lazy but other than the price tag, it's a really good remake, far better than the crap HDR could ever been.

Why can't SFV get this treatment? Has this game gone off the deep end to be advertised as a Esports game for spectators to watch as we as the gamer have to suffer trough the poor support?
Based on my experience, USFII's netcode wasn't as good as SFV by virtue of it being delay-based. Then again, I'm not sure how good my friend's connection was (he had a LAN Adapter).

joe2187

Banned
I see alot of the CPT costumes as well, as the academy costumes.

And every Alex is rocking his wierdo grunge costume and every Necalli seems to be rocking that trashy emo goth rocker one.

And I played the PC version of SFIV alot simply because I could use this costume

0.jpg

Numb

I see alot of the CPT costumes as well, as the academy costumes.

And every Alex is rocking his wierdo grunge costume and every Necalli seems to be rocking that trashy emo goth rocker one.

And I played the PC version of SFIV alot simply because I could use this costume

0.jpg

The one time ever Ibuki wasn't
full

ElFly

9Y5EGHNl.png

aw shit, son

Ucchedavāda;238451949 said:
One thing I notice with SFV is that people using DLC costumes are relatively rare. Almost everyone is rocking the standard or story mode costume, which is shame. There was a lot more online diversity in USFIV, even for DLC costumes that didn't come with the complete version of Ultra. Probably just a consequence of the much higher cost and lack of sales.

I bought the X-mas DLC costume for Zangief cause it looked p cool but

-it weirdly brings down my framerate so I'd have to downgrade a little of IQ to use it on my somewhat humble rig

-the textures are p bad in that costume

so I went back to the default Zangief costume.

Ucchedavāda;238455336 said:
Monochromatism.

Just gotta finish a match first.

GGs man, you know your juri buttons well, didn't expect her to be so good at anti airing vega's ex barcelona.
Had to run though

Ucchedavāda;238460883 said:
GGs!
That was great practice. Hope to play you again some time.

But did you take the training-weights off in that last set? JFC.

Haha, I kinda lost the feeling of playing vega, but it started coming back to me the more we played ;P

LakeEarth

Look at all the cool equipment Injustice 2 has at launch. Then I go play some Street Fighter and see Ryu's school outfit for the first time, and the twig in his mouth is clipping into his arm on the Vs screen.

For fuck sake Capcom, you know this is a problem! Just move the twig to the other side of his mouth so that doesn't happen!

Look at all the cool equipment Injustice 2 has at launch. Then I go play some Street Fighter and see Ryu's school outfit for the first time, and the twig in his mouth is clipping into his arm on the Vs screen.

For fuck sake Capcom, you know this is a problem! Just move the twig to the other side of his mouth so that doesn't happen!

NRS have done damn good job with the presentation in IJ2, much like they did with MKX (PC version notwithstanding).

Meanwhile Laura's hair still clips into her chest for player 1.
Dhalsim's pants clip through his leg in his idle stance.
And so on and so forth.

Capcom clearly doesn't prioritize fixing or avoiding clipping.
Maybe they will fix or improve the clipping at some point, like they've apparently fixed shadow dithering in the new version, but I wouldn't put money on it.

But at least the in-game animations don't look like the characters are meekly slapping around balloon animals.

I see clipping Injustice. it's just hidden better

Clipping is unavoidable. It's just that it is everywhere and impossible to miss in SFV, including on the character select screen where it is right in your face. That is a miss on Capcom's side.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Finally got the achievement for 1 million fight money. That took a lot longer than I expected lol (been playing off and on since day 1).

mbpm1

seriously dreading all the people picking up Vega and Sim again.

you're dreading vega and sim? Dude, just think of all the people who will pick up Gief

Why would you let me do my full V skill promo.....and then try and come at me.....two rounds in a row?

bored and want a challenge

or just want to hear mika talk that talk :O

now we try to guess who did it

I'm thinking du

I picked up Guile for a hot second today but really because I was tired of relying on hard reads with birdie.

Man I want to make this character work but that's not my strongest suit.

MCD250

I keep running into Guiles who try to do hard read Flash Kicks no matter how many times they get bopped for it. It's like folks get so much weird satisfaction out of nailing the thing they intend to do that they're willing to risk everything to do it. Wither that or they get so fixated on a plan or setup that they can't imagine deviating from it.

Reminds of this MikeandIke tweet.

https://twitter.com/Mikeand1keFGC/status/775883598725386240?s=09

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I want a secondary but I'm just clicking with anyone. I might just play necalli again because he was my beta 'main'.

ScribbleD

you're dreading vega and sim? Dude, just think of all the people who will pick up Gief

bored and want a challenge

or just want to hear mika talk that talk :O

now we try to guess who did it

I'm thinking du

What are the Gief and Vega changes I'm hearing about? Only notes I've seen are for the 30th with the changes to TAP and a few other minor things balance-wise

Top Bottom