• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Guys are crapping up the thread a bit...how about we just play some matches??

And all this stuff from count, u play Laura?? Lol....she's so easy to have fun with, if you aren't u need a break. Honestly I think that's what's best. (Luce too) like a real break. Not "I won't play for a week" but actually delete the game and come back to it.

SFV is fine, S2.5 look like they are headed back in the right direction, just wait to see how the game shapes up. If you're not having fun, call it quits for a while and play other things.

And Pray for VF6

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

And all this stuff from count, u play Laura?? Lol....she's so easy to have fun with, if you aren't u need a break. Honestly I think that's what's best. (Luce too) like a real break. Not "I won't play for a week" but actually delete the game and come back to it.

SFV is fine, S2.5 look like they are headed back in the right direction, just wait to see how the game shapes up. If you're not having fun, call it quits for a while and play other things.

And Pray for VF6
Luce already deletes the game forever on a weekly basis. You gotta keep up on the thread lore.

That's true, but I remember Combofiend DEFENDING the shit they did to Deejay when clearly showing he didn't play the character like at all, so he is no better in my point of view.

Yea I remember that.. dark times were dark

And Pray for VF6

I take months off from this game at a time lol. I pretty much play if there's a tournament coming up or a new character is being released. Other than that I don't play online too much since the netcode is hot garbage. I found a new love for single player games and other fighting games after playing SFV for an extended period of time lol

take months off from this game at a time lol. I pretty much play if there's a tournament coming up or a new character is being released. Other than that I don't play online too much since the netcode is hot garbage. I found a new love for single player games and other fighting games after playing SFV for an extended period of time lol
This is also me, but I think the netcode is pretty okay.

Village

seriously dreading all the people picking up Vega and Sim again.

i'm not

1) i play sim also, so I might learn some shit.

2) I am equipped to deal with Vega's fuckery, and there is few things more fun than shutting down fuckery

When you parry vega's air shit with kolin, that shit is magical

https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/column/131676

This might very well be the best looking getup I've ever seen for Laura. No wonder it didn't make it in to the game cause her tits aren't bursting out.

secret10.jpg

i'm not

1) i play sim also, so I might learn some shit.

2) I am equipped to deal with Vega's fuckery, and there is few things more fun than shutting down fuckery

When you parry vega's air shit with kolin, that shit is magical

Yeah but when you birdie it's like

Catch_Me_If_You_Can_2002_movie.jpg

And sims are far too patience to fall for my gimmicks.

MCD250

https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/column/131676

This might very well be the best looking getup I've ever seen for Laura. No wonder it didn't make it in to the game cause her tits aren't bursting out.

secret10.jpg
They still need to make a costume she can wear on TV if/when she makes top 8 at EVO.

That said, I'm not so sure I'm feeling that particular costume. The concept is good, but the design on the top isn't the best and the color scheme is a little weird.

false her battle costume is top 1 costumes in the game
This actually is true though. I bought that costume and I don't even play Laura.

nded

That Laura costume seems easy enough to implement. Just take her battle outfit and replace the bikini with a one piece and give her pants.

Edit: doesn't Laura wear a one piece in her swimsuit alt? someone could probably make a convincing mod by frankensteining the regular costume's hair and pants, the battle outfit's jacket and the swimsuit into one model.

FluxWaveZ

I wish Mika's story costume was her default one, because then I wouldn't have to constantly think about how much my costume sucks when I'm playing in a tournament.

Sayad

Fun fact, Mika's default costume is the only one in the game with the awful looking detailed hair strands, everyone else have full on cartoonish clay hair. Even Mika's alts have the superior clay hair:

Village

Eh actually I think her beach outfit has that hair, and the rick flair christmas one actually

She isn't the only one though, there are quite a few characters that just have variant hair quiality

For example cammy, the hair she has in the holloween outfit is the most detailed best hair

Wallach

I actually liked Vega a lot when SFV beta was out, but he had no anti-air options. What does a Vega do against jump-ins?

Mostly get rapped on. You need a fair amount of reaction time, I would rank him below Bison this context, though if the spacing and time is enough for QCB+P (claw) you get a better conversion out of it. Honestly I'd probably try to mostly forward dash or slide out of any near-jump attempts.

Sayad

Eh actually I think her beach outfit has that hair, and the rick flair christmas one actually

She isn't the only one though, there are quite a few characters that just have variant hair quiality

For example cammy, the hair she has in the holloween outfit is the most detailed best hair
Just checked, yep, looks like it was made on the default costume's assets. Cammy's Halloween costume isn't textured with hair strands though, just more detailed geometry, still within the clay hair artstyle they're going for.

Sayad

I actually liked Vega a lot when SFV beta was out, but he had no anti-air options. What does a Vega do against jump-ins?
His AA options aren't great, but they're better than Bison's:
- cr.HP
- st.LK for certain angels
- st.HK
- neutral jump MK has great reach and shut down far dive kicks mix-up attempts
- air throw
- jump back LP
- slide under them with sweep
- back dash or walk forward out of the way(sound ridiculous I know but it really works with his mobility)
- qcb.HP for really predictable jump ins

Village

Just checked, yep, looks like it was made on the default costume's assets. Cammy's Halloween costume isn't textured with hair strands though, just more detailed geometry, still within the clay hair artstyle they're going for.

Its weird, because the more clay hair looks way better.

They look like action figures, but when they try to detail the hair, its just... really weird

MCD250

I watched some of the Combo Breaker and Red Bull matches from the weekend. They were pretty hype tbh. I wish Snake had taken it during CB though. I'm sure he's gonna review the tapes of that final set with Du (if he hasn't already) and realize exactly where he went wrong, as I feel like if he'd just made a few corrections to his game he would have had it in the bag. Regardless, it's good to see him back after he seemed to struggle so much during S1.

Meanwhile, Nemo was out at RB showing everyone how terrifying Urien can be. I'm glad Daigo seemed to do so well at that tournament too (his set with Phenom was straight nuts). It was a damn good weekend for tournaments and matches, all told.

joe2187

Banned
I wish Mika's story costume was her default one, because then I wouldn't have to constantly think about how much my costume sucks when I'm playing in a tournament.

All of Mikas alts are great, (except cheerleader....fucking why!?)

I rock Bee Bomber Bird all the time

005.png

MCD250

Oh, I also unlocked Cammy's Cyclops color for her battle costume. It's funny because I normally can't stand that costume on her, but man, most of the new colors they put out for it are fantastic. I've been rocking all of them lately.

Oh, I also unlocked Cammy's Cyclops color for her battle costume. It's funny because I normally can't stand that costume on her, but man, most of the new colors they put out for it are fantastic. I've been rocking all of them lately.
congrats with on enriching yourself with best costume.

One thing I notice with SFV is that people using DLC costumes are relatively rare. Almost everyone is rocking the standard or story mode costume, which is shame. There was a lot more online diversity in USFIV, even for DLC costumes that didn't come with the complete version of Ultra. Probably just a consequence of the much higher cost and lack of sales.

Village

Ucchedavāda;238451949 said:
One thing I notice with SFV is that people using DLC costumes are relatively rare. Almost everyone is rocking the standard or story mode costume, which is shame. There was a lot more online diversity in USFIV, even for DLC costumes that didn't come with the complete version of Ultra. Probably just a consequence of the much higher cost and lack of sales.

I notice alt costumes, in 5. But I never see like wild ones most of the time. Its usually just standard battle outfit

Ucchedavāda;238451949 said:

Obviously the higher price.
Though honestly I didn't see that many alt costumes in SF4 until much later in its life, when there were a bunch of costume bundles.

I also forgot a couple of important factors: A third of the cast don't have any other costumes than the standard 3, and a bunch of costumes are no longer available for sale.

I notice alt costumes, in 5. But I never see like wild ones most of the time. Its usually just standard battle outfit

I do see battle costumes occasionally. It is mostly standard > story > battle > everything else.

Definitely a big part of it.

Obviously the higher price.
Though honestly I didn't see that many alt costumes in SF4 until much later in its life, when there were a bunch of costume bundles.

I would usually run into a bunch of people sporting the new costumes after they were released for USFIV. That is mostly the basis for my comparison.

MCD250

I'd say I see a lot of DLC costumes tbh. A surprising amount, probably. A lot of female characters rocking the swimsuits, Chuns and Cammys in their battle costumes, CPT costumes, etc. Those are probably the most common. I've also run into a ton of Mikas wearing the cheerleader getup and Juris wearing the schoolgirl outfit. I don't think I've fought a single schoolboy Ryu yet though.

Top Bottom