• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

Torry

Neo Member
Simply because we are villains does not mean we are evil.

We will give him time to change his ways but without reform, he will not be allowed to represent us. This behaviour shall not stand
at 222 cm

May your Poison be lethal, brother.

Oh another ZB post about Nas...
oh dear.

May Yours as well, brother.
2 +2 shall always be 2!

He sent me a picture on psn right after with a very distasteful face. BAN HIM FROM THE UNION

Trickster

Yeah, looking at the frames it's possible you started the super when he was still on the first frame of his grab and it lead to a perfect storm of fuckery leading to your CA getting beat. Boy that must have felt great.

Haha yeah, a real sense of euphoria

gran-torino-disgruntled.jpg

Edit - At least I just managed to drag myself up into super gold

Yeah, looking at the frames it's possible you started the super when he was still on the first frame of his grab and it lead to a perfect storm of fuckery leading to your CA getting beat. Boy that must have felt great.
One of my favorite SFIV memories is Abel's Tornado Throw beating my opponent's Final Atomic Buster.

I see, sounds like he deals with the same issue that Mika does. But I guess I just feel like he's much more scary to face than any Mika. Definitely has a way better v trigger

Off note - Why the FUCK, does Zangiefs grab beat my freaking super?

You can beat Zangief's super with a throw if the throw's active frames are still there when the super starts up.

You can beat Zangief's super with a throw if the throw's active frames are still there when the super starts up.

I don't think this is true. The super has 1 frame of startup and 2 active frames.

The first 2 frames (The 1 startup frame and the first active frame) is fully invincible.

The only way what you described would work is if you were grab invincible and had your throw be active for the 3rd frame of Gief's super. So in a mirror match, you could literally counter a raw Gief super with your own Gief super.

I don't think this is true. The super has 1 frame of startup and 2 active frames.

The first 2 frames (The 1 startup frame and the first active frame) is fully invincible.

The only way what you described would work is if you were grab invincible and had your throw be active for the 3rd frame of Gief's super. So in a mirror match, you could literally counter a raw Gief super with your own Gief super.

Im talking a normal throw.

And it can happen, I seen it.

HardRojo

Ok, so there'll be a CPT tournament here in Lima this weekend and I'll be commentating during pools on Saturday and during Top 8 on Sunday. I need some updates regarding match-up knowledge, the frame data I can read by myself, but I'm not sure where to look for info regarding match-ups for the most common characters. Any help? :D
Anyone?

Blueblur1

If this were a hidden mini-game in a random Capcom Fighter in the 90's, people would be pointing to it as evidence that "Capcom had a soul back then."

Now it's..."but, why?"

Its a mini-game on a website barely anyone will visit. One has to wonder why they bothered when it means nothing in the grand scheme of things. Nor is it going to bring anyone into SFV.

Edzi

I see, sounds like he deals with the same issue that Mika does. But I guess I just feel like he's much more scary to face than any Mika. Definitely has a way better v trigger

Off note - Why the FUCK, does Zangiefs grab beat my freaking super?

Pls stop.

Mika trigger is amazing, Alex's is not. Alex being scarier to face than Mika is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard in this thread, holy shit.

MechaX

I swear I am having more fun with Tekken 7, but I keep coming back to SF for reasons I cannot entirely understand.

At this moment, I realized I have become part of the problem. How can I honestly go back and read Kappa now

Also when in the fuck is Cammy getting a new costume

HardRojo

There's the ol' shoryuken character forums, I suppose:
http://forums.shoryuken.com/categories/character-discussion-sfv

But, I think a lot of discussion has moved to social media and discord channels, so you'd have to search through those...
Will have to look there then.
Just don't make shit up and you'll do fine.
Yeah, that's why I'll have my frame data at hand. I just need some match-up knowledge to avoid saying stuff like "Urien has a hard time against Zangief" or something similar that might not be representative of the truth.

Its a mini-game on a website barely anyone will visit. One has to wonder why they bothered when it means nothing in the grand scheme of things. Nor is it going to bring anyone into SFV.

Well if they promoted maybe people would care but since I don't see shit on their newsfeed GG Capcom

Sayad

Anyone know how this happened?

https://clips.twitch.tv/ManlyBitterOrcaDAESuppy

At first I thought Ibuki blocked the guy's CA, but you can clearly see she's hitting Akuma during the CA animation.

She's airborne during that kick and Akuma CA hits on the ground first, and apparently runs out of invincibility pretty fast! What's interesting though is that the CA hits pretty high in the air at the later frames so the reason why Ibuki didn't get hit by that is probably because the CA hitbox disappear when Akuma get hit!

HardRojo

She's airborne during that kick and Akuma CA hits on the ground first, and apparently runs out of invincibility pretty fast! What's interesting though is that the CA hits pretty high in the air at the later frames so that reason why Ibuki didn't get hit by that is probably because the CA hitbox disappear when Akuma get hit!

Yep, this is pretty much what happened. His super is weird in the sense that that pillar you see doesn't have a hitbox during the first frames (apparently), and I've seen similar situations a few times before, it's weird.

Trickster

Pls stop.

Mika trigger is amazing, Alex's is not. Alex being scarier to face than Mika is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard in this thread, holy shit.

Well, I beat Mika players the majority of the time. While Alex's fucking destroy me.

It's... you know, my opinion based on my own experiences

Edzi

Well, I beat Mika players the majority of the time. While Alex's fucking destroy me.

It's... you know, my opinion based on my own experiences

Opinions can be wrong though, Alex is in a much worse spot than Mika for sure.

The only way I can see this happening is if you're psyching yourself out and playing super scared against Alex. Don't respect him and you should be fine. It's also possible that you're just getting matched with players who outclass and outplay you, in which case it stops being about the characters.

Top Bottom