• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

Is there a way to try a DLC character before buying 'em?

You can create secondary accounts and earn some of the easy FM to unlock them quickly. On PS4 you can do this simply by creating another account (I think) and on Steam by creating an account and using family sharing. It takes some work to do so, but is unfortunately the only way to properly try out DLC characters in SFV.

delSai

Guess i'll just do the second account thing for now, thanks guys. Gotta see if Abigail's for me.

Kind of related question: Does the current character pass and/or costumes ever go on sale?

Lulubop

Guess i'll just do the second account thing for now, thanks guys. Gotta see if Abigail's for me.

Kind of related question: Does the current character pass and/or costumes ever go on sale?

Character pass seems to go on sale often, costumes have been on sale before I believe.

LakeEarth

Character pass seems to go on sale often, costumes have been on sale before I believe.

Just to clarify, character pass for season #1 goes on sale often. Season #2 pass has not gone on sale yet (aside for bundles with the game itself). Which makes sense considering there's still more characters to be released.

delSai

Just to clarify, character pass for season #1 goes on sale often. Season #2 pass has not gone on sale yet

Thats what i wanted to know. Expected, but hey, if Telltale can do it, why not Capcom? :p
I'll grab the Alex nostalgia costume whenever it's on sale then and spend fight money for the S2 characters that i thin i'd like.

Trickster

Can't get a handle on fighting Ed, he's so frustrating with his constant dashing, range options, DP, and what feels like some super strong buttons, heavy kick especially.

Discord claims the life of another OT.

bt997dqw2thz.jpg

Ryce

From X-Kira:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B413xNVfljEwSjhUSEZCQjVkUUk/edit

Build Steam "test240" / PS4 "Version 01.12" already has full support for the next character, just need the ingame DLC via {.pak}.
Z23
A910BAB64EBC4462B4571FB0F30D9A3B

b_C_Pelvis
b_C_Spine1
b_C_Chest
b_R_Arm1
b_R_Arm2
b_R_Hand
b_R_Leg1
b_R_Leg2
b_R_Foot
b_C_Neck
b_C_Base
f_R_Eye
g_X_Trajectory
b_C_Head
b_R_ShoulderArm1Helper
b_R_Leg1Helper
b_R_ArmRoll1Helper
b_R_KneeHelper
b_R_ElbowHelper
b_C_NeckAdd
b_R_Toe
h_R_Pinky2Helper
h_R_Ring2Helper
h_R_Middle2Helper
h_R_Index2Helper
h_R_Thumb2Helper
b_C_Z23_CrystalBall1
b_R_CrystalballPosition1

01_BHair_kakusei01_01

Off topic, Any SF people play Destiny? It's coming 9/6 and I definitely see myself getting quite wrapped up in that game for a while. Hope some of you guys are part of that wave, let me know what clan you're in.

Back on topic, can someone help me out with one-hit confirms? I know it's just about practice but that's the link (besides better patience and decision making) that I consistently see between my play and more skillful Ken's. They can get people in the corner (where Ken is scary) much easier than I can with more reliable ways to land a Srk or Tatsu. Any tips, or help, would be greatly appreciated.

Off topic, Any SF people play Destiny? It's coming 9/6 and I definitely see myself getting quite wrapped up in that game for a while. Hope some of you guys are part of that wave, let me know what clan you're in. .
I'm sorry Omni, but we are a Yakuza household OT, we're not planning on switching brands right now.

I've learned a few things to help me with my hit confirms, especially with Abby's st mp.

So I've started training myself to look at the stun bar. If that increases, then I know I got the hit and continue. A lot of players do this.

The second thing is just simple reaction, and I rely on that for ones that I feel I won't be punished as much if I don't land. So like Abby's st mp. If they block I can just mash again for a frame trapish sorta deal (unless they have a reversal or time their 3f well enough, or so the video says). Easier said than done with characters who have way faster normals.

Training yourself in practice mode and setting the dummy to random block could help train yourself to land them more often when reaction on hit, possibly.

Edit:Oh, I forgot. What were those fairly cheap monitors with minimal input lag? Time to pick one up before RB Proving Grounds and get back into training.

Devid905

Yeah, he only really fucks up when he starts to get into speculating a bit too wildly about the data.
I think his biggest stumble was when he said that Byron Taylor is going to be the 2nd DLC character of 2017 (when it turned out to be Ed).

I hope he never make another character prediction ever again. lol

Blueblur1

Off topic, Any SF people play Destiny? It's coming 9/6 and I definitely see myself getting quite wrapped up in that game for a while. Hope some of you guys are part of that wave, let me know what clan you're in.

I'm there day one. I took the 6th off and I'm gonna play all day. I just joined Kadey's clan. I can't wait for that D2 goodness; rub it all in my pores.

Btw, my PSN and CFN is TotalSacrifice. Anyone feel free to add me. I haven't played SFV with you guys yet cuz I still really suck. ;_;

LakeEarth

Back on topic, can someone help me out with one-hit confirms? I know it's just about practice but that's the link (besides better patience and decision making) that I consistently see between my play and more skillful Ken's. They can get people in the corner (where Ken is scary) much easier than I can with more reliable ways to land a Srk or Tatsu. Any tips, or help, would be greatly appreciated.
You probably already know this, but buffer the motion of the special after the normal. That way, all you have to do is hit punch/kick when you confirm the hit (or don't press it if it was blocked)

Also, play 3rd Strike. 1-hit confirms were big in that game.

Played some injustice 2 yesterday for the first time.
Game feels much "slower" than I remember from the first game, prolly from playing so much SFV.

Though even T7, which is slower than SFV as well, doesn't feel as "under water" as IJ2.
Regardless, I picked supergirl and liked her a lot, then I picked black canary and liked her even more. Hope it comes to PC soon.

reacting to the change in the stun bar is a really easy way to help with hit confirms, but you have to take away full concentration of where the characters are sometimes.

Maybe even looking at meter gain for when the normal hits

Top Bottom