• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

I got to play some Injustice 2 at some locals and a friend's house. Can't get into the game but I respect it. Will pick up a copy this week just to mess around like I always do for every fighting game.

I've just been backed up with Tekken, SFV, Gundam, relearning Marvel, relearning SFEX2 for an eventual trip to NY's 2Old2Furious, and finishing up Yakuza once I get my other TV screen.

Sayad

My brother got this message playing SFV today:

"Why are you still playing Vega bro? He makes the game boring, too much spacing"

:D

He's not wrong though.

This is SFV.

fast_five01.jpg

Tks guys...I'm buffering and setting the dummy to random guard. It's just taking longer to get consistent. I got Ken's target combos down because I'm just confirming one button on hit, but inputting a special increases the difficulty a bit, just gotta grind it.

LakeEarth

I really gotta get used to using Urien's v-trigger as a whiff punish / anti-air at certain distances like Nemo does. Shit's powerful.

EDIT - winner was
---Nemo---

Gilgamech

If it weren't for Kolin, Menat being a fortune teller and having counters would be pretty cool. However, this game needs another zoner. With a command grab.

mbpm1

If it weren't for Kolin, Menat being a fortune teller and having counters would be pretty cool. However, this game needs another zoner. With a command grab.
She should be able to reflect normals. Not counter but reflect. And when she reflects them they act with the same properties of the normal but with counterhit properties.

Basically let me reflect a crush counter Balrog st hk

Yeah Ken is ugly but during the match he looks fine...it's pretty weird.

Higher up you go I'd say Cammy, Guile, Laura, Bison and Balrog will become more frequent. Ken is at all levels though I'm afraid. From silver to Master you cannot escape the crimson warrior .

Gilgamech

There was an in-game message for a Hong Kong CPT event this weekend. Do they always do this? I don't think its common. And if not, is this a big hint of when we might see the next reveal?

...I'm a desert over here, c'mon!

mbpm1

There was an in-game message for a Hong Kong CPT event this weekend. Do they always do this? I don't think its common. And if not, is this a big hint of when we might see the next reveal?

...I'm a desert over here, c'mon!
Sometimes they do it

As someone who's driving through a desert I see more variation and detailed information than from capcom news

The fact that they haven't officially announced the 30K fight money coming out on the 29th makes me think we're getting at least one more SFV-related announcement. Even if it's something like a stage or even some dumb title, there has to be something left for this month. I just have no idea why they ignored Gamescom for it.

HardRojo

So we got Jiewa here in Peru already and I think Brolynho has also arrived. Tomorrow's gonna be great! Can't wait to get my ass kicked by Jiewa's Akuma later tonight in casuals lol.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
The fact that they haven't officially announced the 30K fight money coming out on the 29th makes me think we're getting at least one more SFV-related announcement. Even if it's something like a stage or even some dumb title, there has to be something left for this month. I just have no idea why they ignored Gamescom for it.

Maybe too much other more interesting stuff being announced, plus wanting attention on MVCI for the week? I'd imagine that although we are salivating for any goddamn thing from Capcom about SFV, it's the kind of thing that might get lost during a big convention.

(Really they just have nothing to announce, though.)

To be fair, marketing for multiple games takes a lot of work and staff, the latter of which Capcom may not have resources for. So it's possible Capcom wanted to focus on MVC only and not anything else since SFV is getting its dues afterwards. I can't see them announcing Menat so close to the date (even though its in Steam right now...), but we might get another treat with the 30K. Who knows.

HardRojo

Good luck on commentary, dude! Excited to see you commentate, hermano!
Thanks man! Yeah will try and keep it entertaining for everyone, though I'll probably have to stick to Spanish for 95% of the time. Really looking forward to all the matches and hopefully we'll be able to get a nice audience on the Stream. I think Argentina's tournament last weekend peaked at around 1.5k, which is a great number.

Top Bottom