• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

mbpm1

Now that Capcom has created the biggest character in Street Fighter history they should try and create the smallest.

It would be legitimately great if Menat was almost as short as Rocket Raccoon.

I wonder who the smallest SF character is currently. Ibuki?
Sakura probably

Ryce

Ingrid's technically the shortest Street Fighter character at 5', followed by Sakura at 5'2" and Makoto at 5'3".

Speaking of Abigail's size, in the concept art article posted a few days ago, Nakayama wrote that Abigail was even taller during development and that they had to make him shorter due to "various circumstances."

why does Ingrid have so many haters

The best thing about SFV is they have reduced redundancies in both play styles and looks for each character.

I wouldn't mind her in the game and I hear she plays nothing like Karin but they'd have to change her appearance for me to be happy.

Pompadour

The best thing about SFV is they have reduced redundancies in both play styles and looks for each character.

I wouldn't mind her in the game and I hear she plays nothing like Karin but they'd have to change her appearance for me to be happy.

They won't, though. People like her because she's a schoolgirl. Removing that means no one would like her.

bubumiao

1usfj7.jpg

Pachinko

They don't like shoujo

Actually it's because I see her as a disgusting Lolicon fetish pandering character. If it were just a bishoujo thing then I wouldn't like Karin. Also from a lore standpoint she's like a self insert fan fiction thing .... the way she was dropped into alpha 3 max anyway.

Ingrids' not quite as horrible as someone like Marie Rose in Dead or Alive (a character that single handedly killed that franchise for me) and at least she isn't drawn to look like she's about 9 years old. I just find the whole lolicon thing kind of gross ? even a gothic lolita stuff.

If you're going to pander to fetishists out there , just continue giving all the ladies huge boobs and asses instead :p
-----

As an aside though, here's a straw poll for all y'all - how many more legacy characters are we really going to get in SFV by the time it's finished ?

I think it's safe to write off SF1 , anyone that didn't make it to CPSII sprite is just not happening.

For SF2/CE/ST , we've still got Blanka and Honda , neither of which I think are coming back ( Laura is the new Brazillian and Necalli feels like a spiritual successor to Hondas play style) , there's 1 champion left and I think the rumors have been strong enough that he's basically locked in for season 3. That only leaves the "new world warriors" ... well 3 of them anyway. T.Hawk is probably out because I doubt capcom wants to follow iron galaxy's lead and make an inoffensive aboriginal fighter , Dee Jay was never horribly popular and I feel like making a brand new copiera fighter would probably be better. So that leaves Fei Long ... who I hope comes back ?

From the entire alpha series we've still got Guy, Adon, Dan, Gen, Rose, Sakura , Sodom , Rolento as well as Juni and Juli if we're pulling hairs. I think Gen is done , Dan was already used as the joke character in 4 so I can't see them wasting a spot for him anytime soon. Rolento also showed up in USF4 so he's less likely. Sakura is just as much of a lock as Sagat and well, as much as I want Rose back too I think this new character - Menat , is meant to be her successor. So that leaves only Sodom if they wanted to bring back someone not used in a good long while. Guy and Adon were both in SSF4 and I feel guy is getting replaced by Zeku. Adon ... I'm just not sure about. As for the dolls , while I believe we'll get one , I don't think it'll be those 2.

Other CPSII sprite characters include Maki and Eagle from CVS2 , Maki played very similar to Guy so she's probably out for the same reason as I think Guy will be out. Eagle though... I mean maybe ? he'd have something a bit unique that's for sure.

Then we move on to the SF3 era - Yun, Yang, Dudley, Makoto and Elena got some USF4 screen time so I'm not convinced they'll bring 'em back to 5. I think They'll save Sean and Remy as SF3 exclusive fighters to showcase the time gap a little more. Twelve is absolute garbage that no one in there right mind even wants so that leaves - Q , Oro and Necro. Other standbys - Alex and Urien have already made their re-appearance.

Finally, the most recent spate of newbies - the SF4 era. The base game had Abel, C.Viper, El Fuerte and Rufus. The home release added Seth and Gouken , Super tossed in Hakkan, Arcade edition added in evil Ryu and Oni and Ultra gave us Decapre. The rumors point towards C.Viper coming back in season 3 and I think that's acceptable , she was the best of the standard newcomers. Rufus can die in a fire and El Fuerte always felt like he belonged in a different game. Abel is depicted as suffering a broken arm in the story mode of SFV so I think that was capcoms way of saying he's out. Plus , Laura kind of feels similar anyway. As for the rest.. well they were all bosses or hidden bosses and I feel like they were SF4 exclusive easter eggs that don't need to be re-used. Of course this still leaves Hakkan and Decapre and well.. I think they'll use a new doll rather then bringing decapre back again. Hakkan though ? Hell I'd be down for his return. SF5 already has a ton of grapplers though. I should mention Poison as well I suppose, I loved that character in USF4 but I think capcom , if they want to bring her back will opt for her pallete swap Roxxy instead.

So when the dust settles here , counting the most popular classic characters as well as the ones we haven't seen in a while , we're left with a pool of Sagat , Sakura , Sodom, Oro , Necro , Q and C.Viper. Throw in the maybe babies and you've also got Fei Long , Hakkan , Eagle. Adon. Who knows, down the road maybe popular demand will see the return of Dudley and makoto or perhaps even Yun and Yang.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
not every female character design is about how hard your dick gets, my dude. ingrid isn't any more a fetish character than athena or kula (the characters capcom are obviously 'referencing' with literally every aspect of her design)

Huh I thought people hated Ingrid because in the story she's extremely powerful and a Mary Sue or something. See that makes way more sense as a reason to dislike her.

Huh I thought people hated Ingrid because in the story she's extremely powerful and a Mary Sue or something. See that makes way more sense as a reason to dislike her.
Juri's also a Mary Sue (random new character kicks both main villains' asses in canon), but she's handled pretty smartly and well explained (not to mention having a very likable design) so she didn't catch flak for it.

Off topic, Any SF people play Destiny? It's coming 9/6 and I definitely see myself getting quite wrapped up in that game for a while. Hope some of you guys are part of that wave, let me know what clan you're in.

Back on topic, can someone help me out with one-hit confirms? I know it's just about practice but that's the link (besides better patience and decision making) that I consistently see between my play and more skillful Ken's. They can get people in the corner (where Ken is scary) much easier than I can with more reliable ways to land a Srk or Tatsu. Any tips, or help, would be greatly appreciated.

I also play Destiny quite a bit too.

Ryce

I don't like Ingrid because she's not really a Street Fighter character. She was created for Capcom Fighting All-Stars, which was canceled, and then she was recreated for Capcom Fighting Evolution. She only exists in Street Fighter lore because her CFE sprite was lazily dropped into the PSP port of Alpha 3. She's not even considered a canonical Street Fighter character in the CFN encyclopedia. I don't think we'll ever see her again.

FluxWaveZ

Awesome. I'm still on a week-long break from the game (longest I've had) to avoid getting completely burned out, but I'm looking forward to finally seeing some new stuff.

Neoxon

MENAT COMING
https://twitter.com/StreetFighter/status/901657617298100224

TheSpoiler ate his ass and didn't even tell anyone, oh you great person keeping it a surprise.
DINS61-VwAEPhXi.jpg

The next #SFV character will be revealed during E-sports Festival HK SFV top 8! http://Twitch.tv/capcomfighters #ESFHK2017 @capcomfighters
Sweet, can't wait for the Menat reveal.

I guess this throws the old "week of teasing" pattern that Ryce noticed out the window.

farisr

Sorry if this was covered earlier, but did I somehow miss the free 30k FM that Capcom was supposed to be giving in August, been logging in every week. Or were they just tallying up the regular FM they give out and it totaled 30k when they said that?

Sorry if this was covered earlier, but did I somehow miss the free 30k FM that Capcom was supposed to be giving in August, been logging in every week. Or were they just tallying up the regular FM they give out and it totaled 30k when they said that?
That hasn't gone live yet.

The theory is that it'll be 29th August, since that's when the 30th anniversary costumes are also dropping. Maybe Menat TOO!!!!!!!

Neoxon

That hasn't gone live yet.

The theory is that it'll be 29th August, since that's when the 30th anniversary costumes are also dropping. Maybe Menat TOO!!!!!!!
That'd be the quickest turnaround between reveal & release for a SFV DLC character........I love it.

Ryce

I wonder if Menat will be releasing this Tuesday as a special 30th anniversary "surprise." As X-Kira noted, Menat's framework was uploaded to Steam a few days ago.

Top Bottom