• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

Pachinko

Sorry for the odd post back there guys but it's just the way I feel about Japanese games and media in general (too much catering to hardcore Otaku) I vented my frustrations with Marie Rose far more than Ingrid. I just find Ingrid to be a really stupid character. She was a fun idea for that capcom all stars game and if I really break it down she's no worse than Athena from KOF or just going purely by visuals - Lili from Tekken.

Anyway , I'm excited for Menat , I hope she's fun to use and makes up for the double whammy of meh that was Ed and Abigail. Much love to any who enjoy those 2 but they did nothing for me.

DINS61-VwAEPhXi.jpg

The next #SFV character will be revealed during E-sports Festival HK SFV top 8! http://Twitch.tv/capcomfighters #ESFHK2017 @capcomfighters

Giant Rose orb?

DS4 exclusive.

You control the ball with the right analog stick.

Stick players cry.

Menat mirrors will just be a weird match of WindJammers.

FluxWaveZ

It would be pretty cool if they just took Kum Haehyun's controllable fireball gimmick and built a character around that.

I did have this:
I had a dream Menat was being previewed, and she was a "technical" zoning character revolving around pinpoint projectile use. She had some sort of "defensive" fireball special which surrounded her, and could be manually controlled like Kum Haehyun in GG.
No dream of her since.

She should be different from the rest of the cast, in any case.

mbpm1

Thinking about the character and relation to rose reminds me of the leak that said Kolin would be Rose like.

Man, SFV has has so many leaks already

mbpm1

I told you yesterday Menat had a better chance of getting revealed than McGregor had winning. Rose gave me the crystal ball, but you didn't trust it.

Menat getting revealed in 2 hours though

I didn't see that one coming. I thought it was both or nothing :O

Neoxon

I hope this means we get an Egypt stage.
I'd be more than down for that, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Considering that X-Kira has been on a roll in terms of finding data pointing towards certain upcoming stages as of late, you'd think that he'd find something for an Egypt stage if we were to get one. That said, my Fight Money reserves are ready to go either way.

Was so engrossed in the Floyd-Conor circus that I completely missed the news that Menat is coming. Really wasn't expecting that. Hope she is the character that gets me playing this game again.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
After you pop v-trigger, his axe kick whiffs.

It's impossible. How can someone pull that off every time under the pressure of combat? Moving forward isn't even in the description/move list.
I feel like people often don't know you can watch demonstrations of the trials.

I do agree that it's an impractical combo, but trials don't seem to line up generally with the combos that are actually used in high level play.

I feel like people often don't know you can watch demonstrations of the trials.

I do agree that it's an impractical combo, but trials don't seem to line up generally with the combos that are actually used in high level play.

I watch the demonstration many times. You don't see Ryu move but you see him slightly closer than I am during the v-trigger activation.

Top Bottom