• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

VariantX

Fuck, thats 2 days. Didn't expect her to come so soon. I also happen to be off work that day too so thats a perfect opportunity to grind out her trials.

Neoxon

I'm loving everything about Menat so far. Her design, her play-style, her voice, her animations, her costumes. Capcom hit a home-run with her, like they did with Rashid.

joe2187

Banned
Some New better (somewhat smaller gifs)

87KziPQ.gif

The rest are here http://imgur.com/gallery/5EzqC

Pachinko

Looks like Capcom has earned their name back for another month .... have to save cacpcom for September when there are issues with MVCi and the next SFV update is just 1200 costumes :p

But seriously though , Menat looks pretty cool. Guess that means Zeku is a 100% lock for ... October ?

At first I wasn't into her because I didn't like her appearance, then I saw her Battle Costume and was like "Ok, I can get with this."

Then I saw her Story Outfit and was like
tenor.gif

Scotia

Banned
Interesting that's she's the first (and only) wholly original character of S2. The rest all debuted in other SF games.

It's worked out quite well when you think about it.

Akuma = SF2
Kolin = SF3
Ed = SF4
Abigail = Final Fight
Menat = SFV
Zeku = Alpha

You can tell Capcom actually thought about this.

It's worked out quite well when you think about it.

Akuma = SF2
Kolin = SF3
Ed = SF4
Abigail = Final Fight
Menat = SFV
Zeku = Alpha

You can tell Capcom actually thought about this.
Yeah, I was talking to someone about how (almost) all the related games got a rep this season.

Still no SF1 character (Eagle, come to me), and I want a Saturday Night Slam Masters beefcake too. (Biff, Gunloc, Rip, all ripe for exposure.)

Rip Saber totally should of been our Canadian rep. His garbage wrestling style and hilariously slutty costume would of been perfection. D:

Pachinko

Yeah, I was talking to someone about how (almost) all the related games got a rep this season.

Still no SF1 character (Eagle, come to me), and I want a Saturday Night Slam Masters beefcake too. (Biff, Gunloc, Rip, all ripe for exposure.)

Rip Saber totally should of been our Canadian rep. His garbage wrestling style and hilariously slutty costume would of been perfection. D:

latest

This guy ? Honestly I would have preferred Maple Storm but I suppose she'd be far too similar to Mika :(

Being Canadian and hoping at some point a character would rep our country but at the same time not having a clear idea of just what sort of person that would be is odd. Certainly I hoped for something better than Abigail. I mean, when the 2 most iconic things about Canadian cultural identity are RCMP uniforms and hockey well.... what do you do for a character that's not lazy ?

Someone above pointed out that each brand new character is repping some previous SF title which is kind of neat , I'd never noticed that before.

I guess it might follow up a bit for season 3 as well ?

Sagat - SF2
Sakura - SFA
Oro/Necro/Q - SF3
C.Viper - SF4

It kind of makes me doubt that all 3 of those SF3 characters will make it in actually. Would make more sense to keep 1 of them and throw in someone from Final Fight as well as a single brand new character to rep SF5.

I guess we'll find out much later !

latest

This guy ? Honestly I would have preferred Maple Storm but I suppose she'd be far too similar to Mika :(

Being Canadian and hoping at some point a character would rep our country but at the same time not having a clear idea of just what sort of person that would be is odd. Certainly I hoped for something better than Abigail. I mean, when the 2 most iconic things about Canadian cultural identity are RCMP uniforms and hockey well.... what do you do for a character that's not lazy ?
Yes, that's the guy. I love everything about him.

Nothing about Abigail references Canada in any way IMO. They cut his mohawk into a maple leaf and called it a day. Rip, on the other hand, actually has a concept that draws from Canadian culture without being lazy and reductive. Wrestling has very deep roots in Canada, and his "garbage" style of using random items, in a take no prisoners fashion, would work incredibly well in SFV, and be very unique among the roster. (His brash attitude is reminiscent of many Canadian wrestlers.) Plus he's sexy (and blond for the prerequisite blond fighter V) so he's perfect.

Capcom please. Let me take the wheel. It's time.

DunpealD

I doubt that's the case otherwise it'd be in the trailer.

Of course, I never thought they'd announce a character two days before they dropped.

They already released like 3 stages. While I hope for a stage for Menat, I'm not expecting it on her release.

The next step for Capcom is to announce the character after the release.

Damn the SF4 Akuma soundtrack that never got used again post vanilla.
I guess we will never know why they removed his theme from SF4, paging SneakerSO to do some digging.

Top Bottom