• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Hm...

st.HK?
cr.HP?

Seems that when she has the orb alongside her, her fierce normals might have incredible range. The range is naturally reduced once she sets the orb down, which she needs to to get her setplay going.

This would be cool. I hope this applies to aerial and medium normals as well, really. I also wish her primary orb stood out more amongst the clones she can make... like make it a purple color, and make it shine / pulse when activated.

Seems that when she has the orb alongside her, her fierce normals might have incredible range. The range is naturally reduced once she sets the orb down, which she needs to to get her setplay going.
This alone is getting me incredibly excited for this character. Anti Airs are going to lead into setups and possibly some good shimmy action/setplay.

JAXXX

Menat's went clothes shopping with MK9's Mileena and skullgirls eliza

27_menatimage01.jpg

flesh_pits_mileena_for_download_by_malefor666-d6l0fm5.png

images

JusDoIt

I want Season 3 to have new characters too now, because this season has been incredible. Menat might make me drop RaRa. Between her, Daigod winning, and McGregor losing, it's been a great weekend for cartoon characters fighting on my TV.

MrCarter

I want Season 3 to have new characters too now, because this season has been incredible. Menat might make me drop RaRa. Between her, Daigod winning, and McGregor losing, it's been a great weekend for cartoon characters fighting on my TV.

lol. Absolutely true.

Pachinko

Guys, I know it's been an ongoing battle with PC related preformance issues but I think I finally found a solution that works for me that may also work for you guys playing on PC too !

So the problem I've had since buying this version is that there's some kind of Vsync bug that hits hard but only if you want to play the game above 1440p. I bought 2 GTX 1070's and paired them in SLI JUST to play in 4K on my 32 inch acer (not just SF , but you know, like every game preferably) so obviously I've been attempting to tweak and adjust where I can and well, it's been a battle.

What is this problem exactly ? Well, if you just leave it up to nvidia's auto-optimizer known as the GEforce experience, you'll end up with native resolution and some turned down settings (in my case a mixture of medium and high). At launch there was no SLI profile for SFV but currently there IS one that does allow for higher settings all around. What happens when the game is loaded though ? well, the character select screen will be sluggish , almost like it's stuck running 30 fps but in fact it's more like it's just in slow motion. Going into a match, things will fluctuate up and down like this , feeling almost like Zach Snyder directed the game , ramping up and down. It's as though the engine refuses to drop a frame anywhere so instead the entire thing bogs itself down. There's a persistent error like this no matter what resolution you play the game at where this happens during win poses and transition screens but that doesn't hamper gameplay. The game running at 30-50% speed though ? yeah that's a bit of a problem.

Certainly the easiest option available is to simple leave the game at 1440p , set your GPU to upscale to 4K , it still scales up 100% and in my case, all the settings can be maxed. There are no issues doing this at all. Except for one - even 1440p doubled to fill 4K looks a bit washed out on my monitor compared to native 4K. SFV in particular really pops at 4K with it's heavy use of color. I suppose you don't know what you're missing if you just leave it at 1440p and pretend 4K doesn't exist :p

Option 2 , and the only one you can find anywhere online is to straight up disable Vsync. This comes with a number of issues though. Half the stages will suffer from some pretty extreme tearing and character animations will be jittery as hell. The slowdown will be gone however. This may also lead to issues online where you could lose sync with your opponents more frequently. So in other words it's kind of a poor solution.

Option 3 , BUT , the NVIDIA control panel offers a few other vsync settings. setting it to fast/smooth didn't do anything however , Adaptive (full) ? I just tried that and there is much less tearing compared to leaving vsync off entirely but it still eliminates the slowdown. So , in my case I guess this is where I'll have to leave it.

Option 4 , Don't buy a 4K monitor , get a solid 1440p one instead so you can play everything at native res with a single 1070. Much cheaper too :p

I hope somewhere down the line this issue gets fixed. I mean all these unreal 4 games are out and this is the only one that seems to have this issue. I didn't hear anything about Tekken 7 suffering from this so ... fingers crossed.

I'm not sure if this is how it works.
You can see her doing a jump in combo with stHK here and the orb doesn't fly out.
So either it's a command normal, or the or the orb doesn't fly out if she hits you with her limbs.
HIDtn3A.gif

FluxWaveZ

I'm not sure if this is how it works.
You can see her doing a jump in combo with stHK here and the orb doesn't fly out.
So either it's a command normal, or the or the orb doesn't fly out if she hits you with her limbs.

I doubt it's a command normal because both moves look identical with the first st.HK clearly showing that the orb flies out for the hit. This is unless an important mechanic of hers is using command normals of a same move, for some that involve the orb and some that don't (I don't think that sounds right).

Because of how the orb appears behind her in that .gif, I think it might be related to the j.HP(?) she used right before the j.HK in that combo. A difference between j.HK used at neutral when the orb isn't doing anything, and doing j.HK in a combo when the orb is "in motion."

Village

Hope they tell us what happened to rose in the interim

" hey uh bisons soul is still , around so. I'm gonna go murder bison's soul. You go make sure ed stays far away from bison's soul. One because that would be bad, but two because if we play our cards right whatever neo shadowloo is, could actually be ... benevolent-esque"

I couldn't watch it live so I'm finally watching the Daigo vs Gachikun GF's right now. What's better than watching this knowing that Lord Daigo won? It's knowing that he won while having his two biggest fanboy commentators do bias commentary for his match at the same time lol.

Finally watched the Menat trailer as well. I think she looks great. At the very least she'll beat Ryu, so that's one check mark she has right off the bat.

Producer

I couldn't watch it live so I'm finally watching the Daigo vs Gachikun GF's right now. What's better than watching this know that Lord Daigo won? It's knowing that he won while having his two biggest fanboy commentators do bias commentary for his match at the same time lol.

Finally watched the Menat trailer as well. I think she looks great. At the very least she'll beat Ryu, so that's one check mark she has right off the bat.

daigo won? woo i fucking called it. I tried watching it live but man at like 5am i just couldnt stay up anymore

delSai

The long wait times in between matches and little character varity online is really sucking the fun out of this game for me :/

daigo won? woo i fucking called it. I tried watching it live but man at like 5am i just couldnt stay up anymore

I was in the same boat. I was trying to stay up to watch the whole thing but gave up since it got delayed because I knew it probably wouldn't have ended till something like 10am this morning.

And now he's definitely in Capcom Cup at this point, he doesn't even need to compete anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if he canceled trips to ranking events and only attended Premier events at this point. Can't wait to see how the rest of the top 30 plays out as well. The season is nearing its end and tons of players are in a heated race for those final points.

Producer

I was in the same boat. I was trying to stay up to watch the whole thing but gave up since it got delayed because I knew it probably wouldn't have ended till something like 10am this morning.

And now he's definitely in Capcom Cup at this point, he doesn't even need to compete anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if he canceled trips to ranking events and only attended Premier events at this point. Can't wait to see how the rest of the top 30 plays out as well. The season is nearing its end and tons of players are in a heated race for those final points.

Definitely glad that daigo is a lock for capcup. I really hope momochi and sako hit up more events and can make it in

Top Bottom