• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

You should theorycraft how to change him to be less of a noobstomper so that they can buff him!
I think I am just going to switch characters. I played last month and was super bored. I went 2-3 in my sets, so it wasn't like I got stomped. I just didn't want to keep playing. After Menat I am going to learn her, Vega, Necalli, or Dhalsim.

Menat will be my first DLC addition to this game. Lol.

dude RQs as soon as he gets KOed

never change, SFV
Tqlgp3T.gif

JusDoIt

Just watched the Floyd Umeweather vs. Conor McGachikun fight. Jiyuna is the best commentary matchup for Zhi. They both got understated absurdist transpacific bars. Zhi usually overwhelms his other partners.

Just watched the Floyd Umeweather vs. Conor McGachikun fight. Jiyuna is the best commentary matchup for Zhi. They both got understated absurdist transpacific bars. Zhi usually overwhelms his other partners.

Those two men shared a hotdog on stream, pretty sure this commentary pair was meant to be.

Edit: That hotdog looked like it probably was boiled and it seemed to be undercook. I wonder what kind of jackass boils a hotdog instead of grilling. IT'S BLASPHEMY!

Pachinko

Menat looks great! Also Juri is the most fun character to play in this game just saying

I agree ! Shame that's she's also so dang awful. I have this wierd issue with this game , I didn't like her that much in season 1 and dabbled with Rashid and he was mid tier then. Now Rashid is top 8 and I find myself going back to Juri even though she's the games trash bin.

As well , I got kind of bored with Chun in season 1 and immensely sick of watching her (and Nash) during CPT events but now ? She's apparently awful and I enjoy her play style.

I can admit that I also hate fighting Abigail but it's not a game breaker for me. His range is too high , he has too much health and he does too much damage. Hopefully he gets some small tweaks in season 3 to make him fun to fight instead of a war of attrition.

I agree ! Shame that's she's also so dang awful. I have this wierd issue with this game , I didn't like her that much in season 1 and dabbled with Rashid and he was mid tier then. Now Rashid is top 8 and I find myself going back to Juri even though she's the games trash bin.

As well , I got kind of bored with Chun in season 1 and immensely sick of watching her (and Nash) during CPT events but now ? She's apparently awful and I enjoy her play style.

I can admit that I also hate fighting Abigail but it's not a game breaker for me. His range is too high , he has too much health and he does too much damage. Hopefully he gets some small tweaks in season 3 to make him fun to fight instead of a war of attrition.

Fuck no. Abby has to have high health because he has no reversal and has to hold that when people are all up in his shit. His range is good because he is slow as shit and minus on almost everything besides a slow ass flip. Abby gets to deal big boy damage because he needs decent reads to land shit against people who know his gimmicks. The only thing I think is busted is his charged shit but throws and multihits beat that AFAIK. He's strong, but honeslty the only tweak he needs is to get rid of the stomp in his ex run.

TheOGB

Banned
I just played a set against a Gief from Greece that was smoother than (or on par with) most US matches I have.

And I came back after losing the first game to get my 59th and 60th wins for this month's CPT mission. 😁

kingbean

I am so utterly shit at this game that I can barely break out of rookie. I'd love someone to help me if that's possible. I love fighting games so much but I guess I'm just a shit player.

If anyone would be willing to help me out with some matches or tips please PM me. Thanks

I am so utterly shit at this game that I can barely break out of rookie. I'd love someone to help me if that's possible. I love fighting games so much but I guess I'm just a shit player.

If anyone would be willing to help me out with some matches or tips please PM me. Thanks

Upload gameplay.

kingbean

Upload gameplay.

That seems unnecessary. You could look at people playing at rookie and bronze level and imagine someone that was only lucky enough to get that high.

I great compared to all my local friends so I've learned nothing in the years I've been playing because I've been having to let my friends when sometimes so they enjoy playing. So I've learned nothing but bad habits.

That seems unnecessary. You could look at people playing at rookie and bronze level and imagine someone that was only lucky enough to get that high.

I great compared to all my local friends so I've learned nothing in the years I've been playing because I've been having to let my friends when sometimes so they enjoy playing. So I've learned nothing but bad habits.

If you have to "play down" for friends, I find it best to handicap myself by using a character I don't normally use, or I challenge myself to an alternate win condition. Maybe my goal is to get 5 crush counters in the match, or get a 3-time throw loop. Or I experiment and just learn a lot of weird stuff I wouldn't normally try in a serious match.

Shanaynay

Well uploading gameplay is a good method to receive feedback from others and getting help on getting rid of those bad habits, you just need to be able to handle the potential criticism.

kingbean

Well uploading gameplay is a good method to receive feedback from others and getting help on getting rid of those bad habits, you just need to be able to handle the potential criticism.

I'm fully aware of how shit I am so unless the criticism is literally "you're garbage and you should die in a trash fire" I probably won't find any offense lol.

Okay, I play on PC and I don't have shadow play because I turn off the Geforce experience poop. Any recommendations on the best way to get a video out?

Oh as a side note, I have a hard time beating survival on normal and have yet to finish with any of my decent characters on hard.

Edit, my CFN name is Beanbeany if that helps.

Pachinko

King bean , who are you using the most ? What sort of play style do you gravitate towards ? If you're having trouble breaking out of rookie , I'd suggest practicing all of the basics - spacing and blocking in particular. I mean I'm slumming it out in Bronze myself (if I grinded it out and had a bit of luck I might creep into super bronze at my current skill level) but that's what I notice most about the rookies I've beaten. They don't block and they hit the wrong buttons so they get counter hit constantly. I'd recommend playing in casual only until you can win a few matches in a row against similar ranks. Ranked can be discouraging because points are on the line.

kingbean

King bean , who are you using the most ? What sort of play style do you gravitate towards ? If you're having trouble breaking out of rookie , I'd suggest practicing all of the basics - spacing and blocking in particular. I mean I'm slumming it out in Bronze myself (if I grinded it out and had a bit of luck I might creep into super bronze at my current skill level) but that's what I notice most about the rookies I've beaten. They don't block and they hit the wrong buttons so they get counter hit constantly. I'd recommend playing in casual only until you can win a few matches in a row against similar ranks. Ranked can be discouraging because points are on the line.

Ryu, Cammy, Alex and R. Mika. And yeah its fundamentals it feels like I don't understand. Best times to attack and what attacks to use. How to stop pressing buttons when I need to block. Casual matches I have a little better luck but I still get run over by most people.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I am surprised at the lack of a Capcom Unity post for her. They seem unusually quiet. Not like a blog post can't be set to auto-post before the weekend...

... I guess we should see her in a WSO session before release though. Lookin forward to it! I am quite glad the release is so close; Even if they go radio silent, we won't have to suffer but so long!

Teh Lurv

Ryu, Cammy, Alex and R. Mika. And yeah its fundamentals it feels like I don't understand. Best times to attack and what attacks to use. How to stop pressing buttons when I need to block. Casual matches I have a little better luck but I still get run over by most people.

Hey King Bean, I looked up your CFN and watched a couple of recent replays. I think you're first problem is you're jumping between mains too quickly. I noticed you went from Ryu, to Cammy, to Ibuki over the last couple of days. I don't know if you're still feeling out characters as a potential main, but focusing on one or two characters would help you out.

Looking at your replays as Cammy/Ibuki, I noticed you're not hit-confirming and throwing out a lot of unsafe moves/specials. Stuff like random spiral arrows and Ibuki rising kicks. You should sit down and learn which of your moves are safe vs risky and practice hit-confirming in training mode.

You're also pressing too many buttons. I turned on input display and it was a constant stream of button mashes. You could've saved yourself a couple CC by holding back. I also noticed you're spamming a jab attack when the opponent is just out of range hoping for a walk-in hit. Don't do that, IIRC I saw you get a CC because of that during a replay.

Also learn when to use V-Reversal. I noticed during a 3rd round between your Cammy vs Akuma, the guy was applying constant pressure/crush counters on you until he had you against a corner when you had a full V-meter. You could've used a V-Reversal at several points to try and break that pressure and get out of the corner.

I noticed some anti-airing going on during those replays, so that's good. Keep practicing that.

I think my recommendations are:

* Pick a main to focus training on
* Learn basic fundamentals of the moves (which moves are generally safe/unsafe, the range you can hit with them, no need to get crazy with frame data details yet).
* Git gud with one bread-n-butter combo, CC combo, anti-air combo
* Git gud with your hit-confirming.
* Git gud with anti-air.

kingbean

Hey King Bean, I looked up your CFN and watched a couple of recent replays. I think you're first problem is you're jumping between mains too quickly. I noticed you went from Ryu, to Cammy, to Ibuki over the last couple of days. I don't know if you're still feeling out characters as a potential main, but focusing on one or two characters would help you out.

Looking at your replays as Cammy/Ibuki, I noticed you're not hit-confirming and throwing out a lot of unsafe moves/specials. Stuff like random spiral arrows and Ibuki rising kicks. You should sit down and learn which of your moves are safe vs risky and practice hit-confirming in training mode.

You're also pressing too many buttons. I turned on input display and it was a constant stream of button mashes. You could've saved yourself a couple CC by holding back. I also noticed you're spamming a jab attack when the opponent is just out of range hoping for a walk-in hit. Don't do that, IIRC I saw you get a CC because of that during a replay.

Also learn when to use V-Reversal. I noticed during a 3rd round between your Cammy vs Akuma, the guy was applying constant pressure/crush counters on you until he had you against a corner when you had a full V-meter. You could've used a V-Reversal at several points to try and break that pressure and get out of the corner.

I noticed some anti-airing going on during those replays, so that's good. Keep practicing that.

I think my recommendations are:

* Pick a main to focus training on
* Learn basic fundamentals of the moves (which moves are generally safe/unsafe, the range you can hit with them, no need to get crazy with frame data details yet).
* Git gud with one bread-n-butter combo, CC combo, anti-air combo
* Git gud with your hit-confirming.
* Git gud with anti-air.

Thank you. Good input. I'll probably stick with Ryu for a while and bang out some training mode with the dummy set to block after first hit to practice some basic combos.

But yeah like I said I'm a scrub lol

Top Bottom