• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

What is the requirement for qualification to Capcom Cup this year? Last year I remember winning a major was one way for automatic entry, right?

Kashiwaba

What is the requirement for qualification to Capcom Cup this year? Last year I remember winning a major was one way for automatic entry, right?
No automatic entry now except for last year champion. You have to be one of the top 31 on the global leaderboard, and top 4 regional leaderboard (most likely they are among top 31 global). Also one spot open for a tournament which will take place one day before capcup.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
She looks great. Gonna be fun seeing everyone drop her overnight because of how complicated she seems to be.

Heh That's actually the reason I'm looking forward to her and why I'll stick with her. Still miss old man Gen for this so she'll scratch that high-degree-of-difficulty itch.

You have to be among the top 30 in the point standings to get in Capcom Cup with Knuckledu being guaranteed one of the spots already as last years champ with the other spot being given out to the winner of a last chance qualifier tourney. Since the point system is different this year nobody had any idea where the cut off might be at the beginning. Now that we're close to the end I think the guy who finishes last but still gets in will have around 600-650 points. That's just my estimate though.

No automatic entry now except for last year champion. You have to be one of the top 31 on the global leaderboard, and top 4 regional leaderboard (most likely they are among top 31 global). Also one spot open for a tournament which will take place one day before capcup.

Well technically there is automatic entry. It's just that we may not see that criteria being met. If you win one of the regional spots while not being in the top 30 then you get in and the guy who is 30th gets bumped out. And winning the last chance qualifier the day before Capcom Cup is also a auto entry spot as well since you could show up with 0 points, win and get in to compete along side the guys that have been grinding the entire year lol.

MCD250

You know, the more I watch her trailer, the more I like her. I always have a hard time getting a bead on a character's gameplay from trailers, but I love her whole style and presentation (the fact that she bellydances during her CA is just *chef finger kiss*). I might have to spend some time with her when she drops.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
The Menat thread is overwhelmingly positive. Could this be the turning point for SFV, the change in direction that will be cemented and accelerated by the release of Super SFV? Will Capcom be beloved by all once more? Will they give thousands of dollars to their loyal fans who have been mostly tolerant of their shit show for the last 2 years and have said nice things on the internet???? *animeyellingandcryingface.jpg*

Edzi

The Menat thread is overwhelmingly positive. Could this be the turning point for SFV, the change in direction that will be cemented and accelerated by the release of Super SFV? Will Capcom be beloved by all once more? Will they give thousands of dollars to their loyal fans who have been mostly tolerant of their shit show for the last 2 years and have said nice things on the internet???? *animeyellingandcryingface.jpg*

The internet has a short attention span. If they do a Super release that addresses all the games problems, it'll be forgiven over night.

mbpm1

No they need to rebrand themselves with a super edition and do better or type stuff first. Also don't fuck up marvel

Blueblur1

Infinite faces/models are still ass. Ugly Ryu, Neckless Captain America, Featureless Hawkeye, Crackhead Morrigan, and Conehead Captain Marvel still exist.

Rymuth

They're riding the wave of a really good EVO showing, coupled with with a string of strong content. If they drop the update this holiday, it'd be the perfect way to bookend what I believe to have been a solid year.

I just hope we get a 50K FM reward for day 1 purchasers! Would be a nice gesture 😬

I want this to be true so badly but I've learned to not have expectations as they usually aren't met so i end up taking any improvements or additions as good news. Just make online better plz....plz....*cries*

OT10| Time To Reinstall

Abigail's buttons shouldn't that good against characters without fireballs.

Hugo was big but the only thing you had to worry about was the 2f command throw.

FluxWaveZ

i realized that i could just use chun for the abigail matchup instead of going with kolin. im so dumb lol

Yeah. Not sure if Chun necessarily beats Abigail just yet, but I certainly have a tougher time against her than Cammy or Kolin (I guess; haven't fought enough yet).

As a Cammy player, I fucking think Abigale is some straight fucking bullshit.

That is how a bad MU feels. This is what I think whenever I face a Cammy player as Abby on ranked and they quit after game 1 or they throw a visible hissy fit because I just cr.LP/st.LP all day.

Brings a smile to my face for how unfamiliar that must feel.

My thoughts on Abigail are the same as my thoughts on Hugo. Very fun to watch, but I hate playing against the character. But I'm having a harder time fighting Abigail this time around with my character of choice, Ryu, compared to fighting Hugo with Yun and Evil Ryu in USF4.

Also Juri is the most fun character to play in this game just saying
youre_serious_futurama.gif

If only character select exist in matchmaking.
That specific reason is one of the reasons that isn't a thing.

Producer

Yeah. Not sure if Chun necessarily beats Abigail just yet, but I certainly have a tougher time against her than Cammy or Kolin (I guess; haven't fought enough yet).

Yeah i dont think she beats him but it isnt bad for her. She can use her long normals and fireball and play comfortably at medium/long range and feel like you're actually accomplishing something unlike with cammy. Only real problem is her low damage and his high health

If only character select exist in matchmaking.

I've been saying it should be an option in casual matches at least, i mean theres nothing at stake there anyways.

Abigail's buttons shouldn't that good against characters without fireballs.

Abigail's buttons are slow as dirt.

His st.mp has 10 frame start up against crouching opponents.

His crouch mp is 13 frames.

Most of his normals have double digits startup.

I've been saying it should be an option in casual matches at least, i mean theres nothing at stake there anyways.

If you want online to turn into counterpick fighter like SF4 was, then sure.

Top Bottom