• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

MCD250

Compared to other supers of its kind, I don't really feel that way. Nash, Necalli, Guile, Balrog, Cammy, Chun-Li, etc. all have longer range CAs than she does.
After some further testing, this seems right.

I think the range on her orb normals has me shook.

Goddamn. She only has 3 barehanded normals that are negative on block. A -2, a -3, and her sweep which is -11. Everything else is plus.

It is also interesting to note, that after she uses the ball on an air normal, the immediate normal on the ground is barehanded. So that's how the cr.MP links after the st.HK, since it is a bare HK instead of the ball one after a J.HP. ex. the trial combo J.HP st.HK cr.MP into whatever.

Vice

Anyone figure out how big the Gap is between sweep cancelled into ball recall? Catching people with it alot online, but it seems like it may be character unfamiliarity.

Compared to other supers of its kind, I don't really feel that way. Nash, Necalli, Guile, Balrog, Cammy, Chun-Li, etc. all have longer range CAs than she does.
Yeah seriously, that shit does not consistently combo off of cr.lk>cr.lp xx vskill. I started doing it off of hp orb instead until I figure out something better.

Yeah seriously, that shit does not consistently combo off of cr.lk>cr.lp xx vskill. I started doing it off of hp orb instead until I figure out something better.

I don't think it should ever fail off vskill.
stmp > vskill > super works for me every time
Are you actually canceling the vskill? If they are actually flying away from the vskill hit you're inputting super too late.

I don't think it should ever fail off vskill.
stmp > vskill > super works for me every time
Are you actually canceling the vskill? If they are actually flying away from the vskill hit you're inputting super too late.
Glad you said that. I realized that sometimes I'm cancelling it too late. Cost me some matches but at least now I know why.

MechaX

Haha, took a break and cleared Trial 7 by sheer dumb luck.

You have to put in some of these inputs hella fast, my wrist is getting tired.

Has anyone else encountered the v-trigger orbs not moving when you press a button? Just to make sure I wasn't crazy, I hit the same button 3 times in a row and only on the 4th press, the orb moved.

VariantX

Has anyone else encountered the v-trigger orbs not moving when you press a button? Just to make sure I wasn't crazy, I hit the same button 3 times in a row and only on the 4th press, the orb moved.

I cant tell if they don't move if I press to early or they only trigger when you hit a button during the duration of another input. So I end up double tapping to make sure it comes out.

Morris

Disco Devil
V trigger has potential to be very arakunesque and her corner throw loop is wild.

Ex moves seem to be useless though, It's better to conserve meter for CA confirms.

Ah man, I forgot that you need to be in the costume you want to unlock colors for in survival mode. I just went through it on easy and normal in the battle costume instead of the story one. At least it wasn't me going through hard like I did with Chun back in the day....

MCD250

Down reflect can reflect Akuma's air fireballs and they can hit him. Don't think Sim can get hit by his own reflected fireball though.

Down reflect can reflect Akuma's air fireballs and they can hit him. Don't think Sim can get hit by his own reflected fireball though.

Hows the recovery? It looks like a very bad MU for Manet and doesn't look like she has anything to defend her self.And I had the Red Fireball go through her V-Skill while sometimes reflects all hits.

MCD250

Menat putting people on blast in her win quotes.

Balrog
I see a parting from someone important to you in your future. Oh, and financial problems too.
Birdie
Your future... I can see it. It's becoming clear. You will... continue to... get fatter.
Juri
So, don't take this the wrong way, okay? But it seems to me that you're actually very lonely.
Urien
You say you're a king, but my Master's tarot cards always had it as the Joker.
Also, Rashid is a prince?
Hmm? I feel a sense of royalty? Just my imagination I guess?
And I gotta call BS on what she says to Laura:
My crystal ball is telling me... that you're not really the type to believe in crystal balls...
Because Laura seems exactly like the type who'd believe in crystal balls.

Syntsui

I'm getting used to her, there's is absolutely no need to hold buttons, just press the ones for the orbs you want to use during the animation of the normal you are using during the combo.

Xian combo became much easier once I realized this, and I'm on pad lol.

MechaX

Menat is definitely a technical one, but I do kind of like how I at least have a shot of slowing down the game and playing at my pace. Of course, I need to look at the frame data some more because I need to figure out what I should be pushing if pressured; seems like her orb attacks are hella minus up close.

Not on blast, this is the sad truth about her character.

At least even I-No in Guilty Gear cooled down to the point where she started hanging out with Axl.

That's the dream, fam.
Quite the fan art https://twitter.com/zonknuckle/status/902518308049625088
LEWD
Makoto is fkn made for SFV. She's offense heavy and her V-Trigger is a shoe-in for her old super art. Her concept art alternatives are awesome too.

Menat is FUN. This is the most damaging combo I've found so far (slightly different from the Xian one).

I can already tell she's gonna have so much stuff. Definitely a lab character lol
Jesus Cristo.

Top Bottom