• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

Menat's default costume initially had cat ears (image courtesy of X-Kira).

21200543_870447659773889_3952049819431985588_o.png.jpg

This could explain the pointy parts of Menat's head for her silhouette early on.

Any chance at a button combo unlock?

Finished her trials. I'm really not feeling this character. I like her a lot and I'm excited to see others play her but really not my style. :(

Sayad

Her trails are really fun, especially the last one, but damn! Easily the least controller friendly character in game, lol!

MrCarter

Finished her trials. I'm really not feeling this character. I like her a lot and I'm excited to see others play her but really not my style. :(

Not surprising with who you have in your avatar. I'd love Makoto in SFV, especially to see her transition to a game where the 3D animation quality is top tier.

Her trial 7 confused the fuck out of me. Why didn't they just use H soul sphere?! I've been using the same combo but with H sphere instead of L. I sat there for a good 7 or 8 min trying to figure it out. Totally forgot you could view the trials lol. Felt dumb as hell.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
If it's missing him standing, then Abigail moving won't change that. It seems that the standing, top orbs are purely designed to hit opponents in the air, and whiff standing opponents.

So the difference there is that it's unlike those st.HK moves that whiff crouching opponents, but hit standing ones. This is specifically for the air, which is a bit unusual.

Ahhh, so it is a 100% Air-only move, it seems. The conversation over this was good to read, thanks for taking it in that direction.

After playing her, in practice, I'm not bothered by this anyway. She has so much stuff that demands you push it at the right time, or watch as she's punished horridly. So this is just one more thing onto the pile, lol.

I can't wait for the desk combo video
QFT! He's really going to have fun here, I hope.

DR2K

Banned
She's really terrible. I'm hoping to be proved wrong, but she's loses close range and is guaranteed knock down fodder. That's essentially it for a character in SFV.

Syntsui

That last trial sure took me a while >.>

I like what I'm seeing, even though she is not instantly super strong like Abigail, I'm sure players like Xian will put her to some good use with those ball shenanigans.

sephi22

She's really terrible. I'm hoping to be proved wrong, but she's loses close range and is guaranteed knock down fodder. That's essentially it for a character in SFV.

No she doesn't. At close range if you have a ball out, then all her normals are pretty good, and if you cancel one of them into your ball retrieval, including the first hit of the overhead, or slide, then you can confirm into combos or pressure.

Almost no one is using her Dhalsim drills right now, which is another excellent close range pressure tool. The things she is weak at are the following:
Wakeup reversals
Response to pressure
Max damage punishes.

She's a strange character, but I like it.
It might be good to rewire my brain a bit from oppressive rushdown.
Also I bought colour 12 for her battle outfit because of purple, and it looks great.

MechaX

I am going through her trials now.

Loool @ Trial 5. I hope that's not anywhere close to a bnb, because that drill kick has to hit Ryu's fucking toe for you to have enough time to go into a combo

TacosNSalsa

I cannot finish Menat's story :-( It keeps crashing when it tries to load the last fight ..I get code CE-34878-0...anyone esle? I'm also in the firmware beta if that makes a difference

sephi22

I am going through her trials now.

Loool @ Trial 5. I hope that's not anywhere close to a bnb, because that drill kick has to hit Ryu's fucking toe for you to have enough time to go into a combo

Welcome to Dhalsim. Hope you like your stay.
And that is definitely a Bread and Butter pressure tool. Doing drills at optimum ranges and hit confirming into combos is the name of the game.

Fun fact: When you hit toes using Menat's divekick, you are so plus that you can connect a no-ball st. HP or cr.HP

Xeteh

She seems to have a unique victory pose for a perfect? I just got one doing easy survival and she kind of bops herself in the head with the crystal ball.

Vice

Menat is a lot of fun. It'll be good seeing what other people come up with in the next few months. Have to see all the frame data differences between orb and orb-free mode.

Top Bottom