• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

Spuck-uk

Banned
I made the mistake of doing trials with Venom in Xrd before playing Menat, and it made her feel slow, boring and terrible in comparison.

Is there anyone who can't be hit until they recover?! Lowest recovery is on Vega's with, I think, one frame, but his reversal is still trash tier.

Nash and heard Kolin aren't good either. It's very easy to tell for Manet as she has a hurtbox right when she teleports back in.

Ohnonono

I mostly play rushdown characters, but I am going to give Menat an honest go. I don't think I can do her harder stuff, but to play at my level I don't think it will matter much.

giphy.gif

Pics_nao

Wait, I can't buy costumes through steam? I have to do them through the game? I don't have SFV installed on my work laptop but I'd like to get them now and just play when I get home.

Even after all this time, I cannot for the life of me figure out the Gief-Abigail matchup. I have a better success rate against Guiles, it feels like playing Abi is literally a read-only match. Granted, Gief is a huge read character, but I don't see how Zangief navigates Abigail's armor and range in any way apart from good guesses and hoping Abi's pilot messes up, lol. Knee Hammer and LSPD are both outsped and outranged by Abigail's jabs, the Flex is mostly useless because Abigail has some monstrous multi-hit moves... I'm not sure what to do at all in this matchup.

Menat is awesome, I look forward to dropping plenty of her combos XD

Your objective is to get in by any means necessary. Once you get in, you are golden, because he's gonna have to do guessies to get you off. You can trade with his jabs for your benefit by doing lariat and dash in. EX armor bear grab at the right time will also put you in without him reacting fast enough.

Rymuth

Menat's story was okay

It's wierd how Aprile stayed quiet through that whole exchange. Oh well, got to hear Norio Wakamoto as Bison again, so thats a plus.

Marvel

could never
Her long combos are quite difficult, this is surprising me. Might be a while till I can get the timing down.

LakeEarth

She literally can't be pressured once the V Trigger is on, soooooo good. The game needed an anti meta character like this.

Can she just pop v-trigger under pressure? I'm just wondering if they work like Rose's orbs pre-nerf (where they'd win, even a meaty normal), or post-nerf (where there were 1-2 frames of vulnerability at startup).

Sayad

I thought Bison and Nash died in story mode?! How come Bison is alive and well in Menat's story, and still operating from the same Shadolow base!

vg260

I just can't do Menat's trial 5... done everything else but can't do 5..

That one gave me fits. I can't do combos with light attacks and moving from standing to crouching. Try re-configuring the buttons to make it easier to move your fingers between buttons. I put all the buttons on the top row on a stick in order to clear it. Also, I think I used the heavy drill and kept note of what distance I needed to start it in order for it to hit low.

Your objective is to get in by any means necessary. Once you get in, you are golden, because he's gonna have to do guessies to get you off. You can trade with his jabs for your benefit by doing lariat and dash in. EX armor bear grab at the right time will also put you in without him reacting fast enough.
EX Bear Grab is definitely the most clutch weapon in that matchup. But yeah, I suppose dashing like crazy to get in off that knockdown is the key. I need to get my meaty F.HP down, because Abi's wakeup Cr.LP combo constantly stuffs my pressure. Guess more labwork is needed here.
I just can't do Menat's trial 5... done everything else but can't do 5..
This one's giving me a hard time too, hehe.

raven777

That one gave me fits. I can't do combos with light attacks and moving from standing to crouching. Try re-configuring the buttons to make it easier to move your fingers between buttons. I put all the buttons on the top row on a stick in order to clear it. Also, I think I used the heavy drill and kept note of what distance I needed to start it in order for it to hit low.
yea I have hard time doing combos with light attacks as well. Maybe I need to reconfigure like you did..

Yes you can my friend! If my 44 year old ass can knock her trials out, you absolutely can do #5!
Thanks!
Take a break and come back to it. And keep watching that demo.
yeah I think I will take a break for this trial and do other practices

This one's giving me a hard time too, hehe.

glad I am not the only one lol..

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Me: I think it's finally time to jump back into ranked, I've been smurfing in casuals for too long

Game: here's a lower league Ken from Brazil that is pretending to be 5 bars

Me: okay.jpg

Sayad

Man, recovery time for the orb after j.HK and j.HP is so annoying! I can see why it's there, those jump in are kinda broken, but still... :(

Top Bottom