• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

Just finished Menat's trials. I really like the character and wish I could use her but do I really have the time to invest in learning optimal combos, set ups, match ups and the ins and outs for a second character, when I still have so much to learn about the character I use now?

Like a hot sack of potatoes ....she's too much for my simple mind to handle.

And that too. She is difficult to wrap your head around with all the ball juggling. She looks super fun though and her trials were fun.

But then Zeku comes out in a couple/few months. I hope he's just as fun while not being so daunting.

Blueblur1

So I just made to Silver for the first time. How did this happen.

I bet I'll lose the next set and drop back down to Ultra Bronze. lol

FluxWaveZ

its day 2. has anyone dropped menat yet?

She went from a character I considered playing seriously in a tournament setting, to a character I'll mess around occasionally with in Training mode until I get to the point where I can play her reasonably well. She's definitely the kind of character I would have started the game with and mained when it came out, but it's kind of late for that now. Not too sure the time spent with her would be worthwhile when I have other characters I've been playing and which I can optimize.

113 matches played, 24.78% win/loss rate. It's improving slowly, at least.

So I just made to Silver for the first time. How did this happen.

I bet I'll lose the next set and drop back down to Ultra Bronze. lol

You will. We all get to a point to where we go back and fourth in rank eventually. Then you push through. It sucks but just remember that it happens to almost everyone. Probably everyone. I'm pretty sure, everyone.

My combo is confirm into V trigger and then smash my face all over the buttons.
fSV89.gif

Code:
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIgzRaqXcAEr_XK.jpg:orig[/IMG]

lol So true.

Seeing that picture and seeing the scrapped concept art made me realize that I'm so grateful Capcom didn't go any deeper into the whole cat thing. Can you imagine her doing cat poses and meowing for every animation?

joe2187

Banned
You will. We all get to a point to where we go back and fourth in rank eventually. Then you push through. It sucks but just remember that it happens to almost everyone. Probably everyone. I'm pretty sure, everyone.

I've been alternating between 3600 and 3995 LP for the past 2 days.

Oh god, another ken.

EDIT:

Got a draw game and we both lost LP?

ok.

Kalentan

Menat is fun but I'm not too good.

Honestly going back online makes me feel a bit disappointed in the community.

You have this roster of 27 characters...

And 90% of matches are against Ryu.

It's just boring because it feels like the same matches over and over.

Code:
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIgzRaqXcAEr_XK.jpg:orig[/IMG]
No shit.

I'm having more trouble playing her than I do any character in Blazblue or Guilty Gear.

But I did finally pull my head out my ass and she is starting to click. I was doing TERRIBLE at first. 14-39 was my record and I don't think I've ever done that poorly with any character. But now I'm 33-47, so I'm making progress

Blueblur1

After a couple losses I always get super discouraged so that's good to hear.

I just finished this month's CPT mission. That was not easy for me. :p

Top Bottom