• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

Managed to finally do some type of v-trigger combo consistently. Now to see if I can actually land it in a match lol
FocusedInsecureGalapagosalbatross-max-14mb.gif

Menat may have a high technical skil requirement in v-skill, but outside of that her gameplay feels a bit dull and limited to me. A third command/special move would have made her more fun.

HardRojo

Menat may have a high technical skil requirement in v-skill, but outside of that her gameplay feels a bit dull and limited to me. A third command/special move would have made her more fun.

Her pressure game with the ball seems to make up for it by a lot imo, but it hasn't even been a week so we'll have to wait and see.

Marvel

could never
its day 2. has anyone dropped menat yet?
Yeah lol

But not because I do not like her, I just want to stick with Bipson. They knocked menat outta the park character and design wise but she was never going to be a main of mine deep down.

Happy with what I have learned but I'm moving on.

MrCarter

I'm bored so here's a comparison between the hype/controversy each newcomer have brought to Neogaf this season:

Kolin: 17 pages in 3 days http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1342450&page=17

Ed: 17 Pages in 24 hours http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1370590&page=18

Abigail: 25 Pages in 3 days full of divisive people. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1406995&page=1

Menat: 29 Pages in 3 days full of positivity. More of this capcpcom pls.

SFV OT: She loves me she loves Menat

Well that's definitely solid but I was thinking more along the lines of a V-Trigger combo that isn't spacing dependent, that I can easily confirm into. a BnB V-Trigger combo so to speak.

FluxWaveZ

Well that's definitely solid but I was thinking more along the lines of a V-Trigger combo that isn't spacing dependent, that I can easily confirm into. a BnB V-Trigger combo so to speak.

Then that'd be something like:

cr.MP xx V-Trigger > slide ~ ball hits > cr.HP xx orb send > st.MP ~ ball hits > cr.MP xx orb recall > cr. V-Skill ~ ball hits AA (juggle) > HP air command grab.

Don't know if that's the most optimal, but it seems to be a go-to.

but it hasn't even been a week so we'll have to wait and see.

I really hate this assumption. We already know she's the least damaging character in the game without the V-Trigger and her poor reversal option.

Just look at Akuma,Karin, Rashid, Balrog, Laura and Guile and see how good their own pressure are.

Do you want to look fancy in CSGO and rush in with the Marshmallow Gun Bizon or the P90 that spits fire?

Oh just for Skilletor if +3 isn't enough.

giphy.gif

Teh Lurv

Her pressure game with the ball seems to make up for it by a lot imo, but it hasn't even been a week so we'll have to wait and see.

I played a couple of matches last night with opponents who appeared to be getting the hang of Menat. I lost one match 2-1; no big combos, but the guy picked me apart with the ball throw and her good normals. It was definitely death by a thousand cuts.

What rank do Crazy Kens stop being the norm? I want to escape this nightmare.
lol Diamond...

But there's always a little crazy on every Ken.

Also Menat is not for me, but quickly becoming a favorite character to fight against.

Now if Capcom would just remove Ibuki, Laura, Urien, and the rest of the "pop trigger" and win group we can get back to some real Street Fighter lol.

But yeah she's really dope. Season 3 will hopefully bring back old timers with just as much attention to detail.

dawgparty

I tried Menat and the pretty sure I won't be able to play her right at all, too much going on. That said, I'm picking up Chun and she's a ton of fun. Any primers/tips for her? I know she got nerfed in S2.

Also which players to watch for her?

DunpealD

Feet fans are the worst and their opinion is null

Stepping on them barefeet while they are down.

Menat is quite something.
She's probably the only character in the game that can cancel sweep and overhead. There is like only a few things she can't cancel in orbless mode.
It will be interestesting to see how people mesh both modes into a gameplan, on top of V-trigger.

RM8

Menat is actually pretty fun. I don't really need another character, but I'll be losing online with her for some time, lol. Her story costume is one of the best costumes in the game, too.

The more I play Menat, the more I get this nagging feeling.

" Why aren't I playing Kolin instead? "

This wasn't how I expected things to go :(

Top Bottom