• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

That's interesting if true. Capcom seems to have trouble coming up with interesting v-skills for a lot of these characters so I'm looking forward to seeing trying to come up with a second V-skill for all of the characters.

everyone's new v-skill will be parry. there only gotta make a new v-skill for ryu

Moaradin

Wait, we might get new V-Skills, V-Triggers, and CAs for every character? That seems like a lot. Definitely skeptical. I'm only expecting new CAs or V-Triggers at best.

joe2187

Banned
I won a bison costume code on the capcomunity stream.....

They're giving away codes for the 30th anny costumes as well as codes for Menat.

Shadoken

Mixing and matching VSkill,VRev and V trigger seems really doubtful.

It would simply be a nightmare to balance. But it would definitely give SFV the shot it needs to become more exciting to watch. So many new combos and such.

sephi22

Give Dhalsim moves from EX2 plus like that Yoga Mummy super
Give Mika fuerte run as a vskill
Make Juri a real character

I will love you forever Capcom

kirblar

Yeah, doesn't mean that they'll immediately launch as options, but the very fact that they're adding in the functionality to expand them in the future is very, very exciting.

We should have a poll on what S3 will be titled-

"SFV: Season 3"
"SFV: 2018 edition"
"Super SFV"
"SFV: Arcade Edition"
"SFV 2: The Dark World"

Actually thinking about it a drastic change is probably gonna happen since the game is already mechanically tuned in a decent spot. They don't have to alter that much in terms of characters besides the four worse ones and buff defense.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Yeah, doesn't mean that they'll immediately launch as options, but the very fact that they're adding in the functionality to expand them in the future is very, very exciting.

"Super SFV"

"SFV: Menat and Others"

vulva

Actually thinking about it a drastic change is probably gonna happen since the game is already mechanically tuned in a decent spot. They don't have to alter that much in terms of characters besides the four worse ones and buff defense.

Yeah and give Chun a dp for anti airing.

Kalentan

Man today was a good day for matches!

Only one match I had where I just could no nothing.

Other than that one match, even the ones I lost were intense and close.

But I managed to win a fair bit of times too!

As I said before I'm all for it as long as everything is available. I don't like mixing and matching.

I would be cool if everybody has a 2-bar V-trigger and a 3 bar.

MrCarter

"Super SFV"

I think we will have either new CA's or triggers this year but not at the same time. I'm going with "Arcade Edition" with a arcade release in Japan around the time frame.

Hey, question to the community. I was browsing on TV tropes because I was bored, and came across the character Daigenjuro Kanzuki on one of Street Fighter's pages. He's Karin's father who trained her and was later usurped as the head of the family by her, and is still trying to take back control. So far he's only appeared in the manga Karin was introduced in, Sakura Ganbaru. Here's his picture from CFN, which is always subject to change.

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/sfa_daigenjuro.png

I'm curious, would anyone be interested in this character eventually appearing in a game? If not, is there a Street Fighter character from other materials than a game that you would like to appear?

joe2187

Banned
Hey, question to the community. I was browsing on TV tropes because I was bored, and came across the character Daigenjuro Kanzuki on one of Street Fighter's pages. He's Karin's father who trained her and was later usurped as the head of the family by her, and is still trying to take back control. So far he's only appeared in the manga Karin was introduced in, Sakura Ganbaru. Here's his picture from CFN, which is always subject to change.

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/sfa_daigenjuro.png

I'm curious, would anyone be interested in this character eventually appearing in a game? If not, is there a Street Fighter character from other materials than a game that you would like to appear?

Is this SF's Heihachi?

JusDoIt

I really don't see how multiple V-Skills would work for most of the cast. They would basically be starting the game over from scratch, balance-wise.

Multiple V-Triggers and multiple CAs make sense, but V-Skills are too tied to how many (not all, but many) characters are designed.

VariantX

I'm seeing this but cant be sure if this is an actual thing thats going into S3 or just the bones of something Capcom was experimenting with and abandoned. Hope its true. But it kind of doesn't change the problem that pretty much nearly every character combos into v-Trigger, does a few hits then super. I'm most excited about the prospect of new V-skills though. That will have a dramatic effect on how a character is played for sure. Would actually like an all new V-thing too.

DunpealD

"Super SFV"

"SFV: New Generation" and then proceeds to retcon Street Fighter 3 story.

Top Bottom