• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

JusDoIt

Balance is an ideal that's perhaps unreachable, but it's still a pretty important concept. Balance doesn't need to mean everybody has the same tools or every matchup is 5/5, though.

Keits said something like it's more about making the high risk have high reward and the low risk have low reward. That makes sense to me.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Interesting hat trick you got there Bison.

h2NgwDI.gif

mbpm1

It's probably always better to leave at least an orb for one more mixup after the VT combo, it took Cammy players almost a whole season to start saving dat VT juice though!

Would be weird if a V mechanic didn't use V meter!

I'm sure someone will figure out the optimum combo which will have like 2 or 3 orbs in the combo and then 3 more for the mixup

Blueblur1

Quoting for new page.

https://www.facebook.com/shinxkira/posts/466145633768338

Today we have hot news about Street Fighter V.

Searching inside de game looking for V-Mode info I came across something that even I freaked out when I saw, yes I'm talking about the Expansion of V-System, probably it will be called Variable System(V-System Ver.)

It consists in changing completely the game mechanics, the biggest news isn't that we will have a new V-Reversal/V-Skill/V-Trigger/Critical Art.

I found that this can be Customized, yes, I've said exactly this and you didn't read wrong, from what I understood and all that points to we will have the options off the following customizations, following e.g.:

Default:
V-Reversal
V-Skill
V-Trigger
Critical Art

New:
V-Reversal 2
V-Skill 2
V-Trigger 2
Critical Art 2

Custom:
V-Reversal 1/2
V-Skill 2/1
V-Trigger 1/2
Critical Art 2/1

As I just showed here all possibilities grow exponencially to the gameplay, with Capcom unlocking this the game will receive an absurd leap to what we have today.

https://www.facebook.com/shinxkira/posts/466221243760777

As i told previously in 2016, the "V-Mode" surely would appear in the game someday, as i had told "V-Mode Coming..." at the time we hadn't many things, besides the skel and 3 calls for 3 characters;

Ryu (He's the first to receive any kind of modification as he is nothing less than the main base for all Chars inside the game...).

Ken(He made a demo about a second Critical Art during the general story mode before Decapre's battle).

Necalli (At Necalli's case isn't something to be surprised as it was utilized on the skel of General Story).

But since last maintenance on the server "Menat's patch 02.050" the following entries had been listed:

V-System Ver.

PS4 Only
vreversal=0

Steam / PS4
vskill=0
vtrigger=0
caver=0
Changing the values + is a key piece, it's already possible to understand how this works.

Value=0 Default V-System 1
Value=1 New V-System 2
Value=2 Custom ”Hibrid" V-System 2/1 or V-System 1/2

Without the key piece nothing of this has any effect, after all, how would the server be able to set the previous operation of this function, the without file required to the activation?... all the secret is at Ryu... XD

And yes, this is not speculation, it's something coming at the future!
I know about all changes that come to the game, after all i have access to developer mode and what changes there remains listed, many things i don't even talk because i see no need to ;*

Inside PS4 are many spoilers of the future...
XD

Also i had discovered many things that i will talk at a future, but for now that's all.

At least two other redditors have confirmed the same can be found in-game.

For people wanting a summarization, he's saying that there is code for new V-Skills, V-Reversals, V-Triggers, and CAs in the game. How it works is that you choose one of three V-Modes. The first is Default, which is already in the game. The second is V-System 2, which changes all of these values (I think?). The third is Hybrid, which mixes the other two (though how is not specified).

Interesting stuff. Not out of the realm of possibility considering new stages, characters and Ultras in SSFIV but its not a given considering the poor rollout of SFV. I've very much looking forward to December.

Keylow415

It's probably always better to leave at least an orb for one more mixup after the VT combo, it took Cammy players almost a whole season to start saving dat VT juice though!

Would be weird if a V mechanic didn't use V meter!

Yea but the no one will really use v trigger then I think

JusDoIt

I think v cancel should take ex meter not v meter I hope

Sounds...FADCey.

I'm still against this fake Roman Cancel/FADC mechanic, but I will reconsider if it's consistent with the rest of the v-system and every character's v-cancel had different properties and uses.

I just realized the 1 million fight money trophy that .8 percent of players achieved not even one percent...is a bronze.

Not that it really matters but...seriously?

Mizerman

keep fadc's away from sfv pls

Yep. If I wanted fadc, I'd go and play SF4. And I don't wanna go back and back SF4 again. Or ever.

Possibly pointless observation: I see that Capcom keeps adding profiles of Final Fight enemies to the CFN portal.

Eliza from FF 2

Mary from FF 2

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if they added another FF character next season.

Yeah, I think they said that they were gonna do this for the next few weeks or so and move on to FF3.

JusDoIt

I just realized the 1 million fight money trophy that .8 percent of players achieved not even one percent...is a bronze.

Not that it really matters but...seriously?

I've earned 1.5 million playing three hours a week since launch.

Three hours a week since launch is a lot. If I'm typical, you'd need to do about two hours a week to hit a mil. That's a lot too, for a bronze trophy.

On the other hand, if you play less than a couple hours a week I don't know why you'd need a million in Fight Money anyway.

Those v-system changes sound super exciting. I wish we could get them sooner because we've been lacking in options for a while now as far as the v-system goes. SFV has needed some serious shaking up that seasons 2 and 2.5 haven't quite provided.

Of course they aren't the sole measurement of balance but you can't say a game is imbalanced when the spread of characters in the most important tournament is that varied. Yes, there are some characters that are pretty bad right now but I don't think it is a stretch to say that gap between the majority of the cast is pretty small.
good point, it could be better is all I'm saying.

Welp. I've only seen the one with the blaring horns (I didn't even click the link I just remembered it lel)

Nah, that's not how it works. Diversity comes from the game itself, not inclusions (unless inclusions alter the meta, but again that means it's the character and not the number of characters). Hot Scramble is still top dawg in Gundam despite adding a bunch of DLC (AFAIK). SFV has always had diversity in its tournament Top 8s/16s, moreso this year than last. If the game was truly unbalanced you wouldn't see anyone but the toppest of tiers doing work, but that's not the case.

All fighting games have high, mid, and low tiers. SFV is no different, nor is Tekken, or any other game. There will always be a difference, and despite the advantages of the top tiers and how they do in scrambles, it's not enough to just select one and win instantly. Even Laura's dumb bullshit doesn't let her sweep tournaments with perfect ease.

The term "balance" is pretty dumb because it's an unreachable area that no game has gotten to. And if it ever did, it'd be boring as fuck.

As for experts and pros, they aren't the only way to tell if a game is balanced, but people playing at the highest levels and still having variance in tournament play means the game must be balanced enough that picking a large portion of the cast means you can win. Putting in more work than another person is an aspect of fighting games and it's no different in any other game.

I agree with all of this. But reactions are kinda iffy. Most people aren't going to react to half the shit even if the lag was fixed. The range of the normals is what makes "whiff punishing" so difficult. Defense is truly the worst part oft this game and seriously encompasses a large portion of my problems.
good post mostly agreed as well. Just remember, VF5. It is the most balanced game I've ever played and should be the model.

Balance is an ideal that's perhaps unreachable, but it's still a pretty important concept. Balance doesn't need to mean everybody has the same tools or every matchup is 5/5, though.

Keits said something like it's more about making the high risk have high reward and the low risk have low reward. That makes sense to me.
I like this..

Season (?) will answer our prayers...

Pompadour

Maybe VT2 is v-cancel for those who don't have install VT! For a lot of the cast, v-cancel would be redundant!

Yeah, V-Cancel is already in the game. Just make everyone's VT an install and make it so that if they produce something (Aegis, Bomb, Ice, etc.) that this doesn't happen on activation. So Urien's VT would be like Alex's in that HP+HK gives an additional move after activation but it isn't automatic.

Those v-system changes sound super exciting. I wish we could get them sooner because we've been lacking in options for a while now as far as the v-system goes. SFV has needed some serious shaking up that seasons 2 and 2.5 haven't quite provided.

New shit is exciting and definitely needed but I'm not sure I see the value in selectable V-everything. Like wouldn't it just be better to give everyone two V-Reversals depending on if they hit 3P or 3K? I can't imagine that there won't be one that is definitely better than the other for every single character in the game.

How trash would Urien,Ibuki, Menat, Balrog be without there V-Triggers. I can't see anyone picking a secondary one unless they have access to both at the same time.

Ugh, just need to beat Hell survival for my platinum but I can't do it and I'm losing the will to try.

Got to 88 wins with Rashid. Are there any guaranteed winning strats out there, other than the Ken Medium DP thing (which never works for me)?

If this is real, I hope Alex's VT is a chain grab a la King from Tekken. It should deal 100% if you land every grab, but you have less and less follow ups (that your opponent techs by using the same input) as you hit more grabs, until the final input is a 50/50 that deals like 250dmg.

If this is real, I hope Alex's VT is a chain grab a la King from Tekken. It should deal 100% if you land every grab, but you have less and less follow ups (that your opponent techs by using the same input) as you hit more grabs, until the final input is a 50/50 that deals like 250dmg.
Must be nice, This dreamland.

delSai

Ugh, just need to beat Hell survival for my platinum but I can't do it and I'm losing the will to try.

Got to 88 wins with Rashid. Are there any guaranteed winning strats out there, other than the Ken Medium DP thing (which never works for me)?
How long did it take you to get that one fight money trophy?

Sayad

Nah, they'll probably start timing SFV stuff away from MvCI's... Or try to at least, we know how good this team is with releasing things on time.

Don't see Zeku releasing before October.

Top Bottom