• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

Ryce

I think Zeku's going to be revealed at TGS. It begins a few days after the release of MvCI, and it makes sense to reveal a super Japanese character at a Japanese event. Whether he's released in late September or early October is anybody's guess.

MCD250

How trash would Urien,Ibuki, Menat, Balrog be without there V-Triggers. I can't see anyone picking a secondary one unless they have access to both at the same time.
Urien would still be pretty solid, I think (though not as fun to use). Balrog and Ibuki would definitely have a hard time closing things out though.

DunpealD

Interesting hat trick you got there Bison.

h2NgwDI.gif

I think it's pretty much time for Capcom to make new animations for the new costumes.

good point, it could be better is all I'm saying.

good post mostly agreed as well. Just remember, VF5. It is the most balanced game I've ever played and should be the model.

I like this..

Season (?) will answer our prayers...

Context is important, though. VF is balanced because it's meticulously made and the way they balance isn't something easily to replicate. It's taken years of having a standardized system and tweaking it through sequels without adding new ways to spend meter like most games do or whatever.

That doesn't mean Capcom shouldn't strive to balance their game further and improve, but balance is one thing SFV and most modern games don't have a problem with compared to the stupid shit we had to deal with back in the day.

LakeEarth

Ugh, just need to beat Hell survival for my platinum but I can't do it and I'm losing the will to try.

Got to 88 wins with Rashid. Are there any guaranteed winning strats out there, other than the Ken Medium DP thing (which never works for me)?

Same here. I don't know if I'll ever try again. It's just too frustrating to lose an hour doing something so unfun and with zero reward.

I know that the AI eats Urien's knee-drops, so you can catch them in a c.strong xx knee drop loop, but the problem is getting that loop started before the AI input-reads you to death.

LakeEarth

If Bison took off that giant hat, it would reveal that his smaller hat is underneath it.

Seriously Capcom, don't make DLC costumes that completely break during the 'up-close' animations (i.e. versus screen, intros, win poses).

Lulubop

I think Zeku's going to be revealed at TGS. It begins a few days after the release of MvCI, and it makes sense to reveal a super Japanese character at a Japanese event. Whether he's released in late September or early October is anybody's guess.

Was thinking that too, just to give people enough time. Remember last year we got Rog, Ibuki, Juri and Urien from July-Sept.

Ohnonono

I am sticking with Menat even after getting super worked for the last couple days. I am pretty sure she is making me a better player in general, and I am having fun even while losing. I really need to get a good punish down though. Losing to really spammy people again is really annoying after getting over that hump with other characters. I feel like almost nothing I have learned from playing Necalli/Akuma/Cammy/Nash helps that much. I feel real good when I do win though!

Ryce

The 30th anniversary for this franchise came by and went and we barely got anything out of it.

How sad.
I really don't get this obsession with video game anniversaries. There's an anniversary every five years -- they're not that big of a deal. We got a new character, some costumes, and 30,000 free FM. And nobody gave a shit about Street Fighter until 1991 anyway.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I really don't get this obsession with video game anniversaries. There's an anniversary every five years -- they're not that big of a deal. We got a new character, some costumes, and 30,000 free FM. And nobody gave a shit about Street Fighter until 1991 anyway.
Well Capcom are the ones who made a special logo for it. It's not completely gamers' fault that they expected something substantial.

To be fair, Capcom kinda hyped people up. Alongside that with RUMORS OF AN ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION, people got rock hard.

Then again, yeah, video game anniversaries are dumb and most companies don't deliver anything but every time a milestone rolls around we start expecting stuff.

Ryce

I'm more than content with the 30,000 FM and Menat's sudden release, and I say that as someone who's been really down on Capcom lately. Publishers create those anniversary seals/logos all the time without them leading to anything.

ehh they've been making logos since the 15th anniversary.
15th also got the anniversary collection
20th got HDremix?
25th got another anniversary collection
30th got menat fast release, 30k FM present, anniversary snes cartridge + the rumoured anniversary collection in october. USF2 also falls under the 30th celebration

Oh this artbook retrospective thing is also coming

Sounds fine to me.

Gonna practice Akuma

Ossiel is online and don't want to waste a slot on Blacklist on him.

I guess I'll practice on rank in my alt account

Remembers that game settings resets and forced to go through the tutorial.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Wow. Menat is really scratching that degree of difficulty itch for me. I used to play Gen in IV and had to put in tons of work to learn him and it was rewarding as hell. Same with Menat. I finally had some real time with her in the lab and got some V-Trigger Orb combos down. So much fun. I'm definitely sticking with her.

Marvel

could never
Wow. Menat is really scratching that degree of difficulty itch for me. I used to play Gen in IV and had to put in tons of work to learn him and it was rewarding as hell. Same with Menat. I finally had some real time with her in the lab and got some V-Trigger Orb combos down. So much fun. I'm definitely sticking with her.
Good to hear!

Producer

Well, learning charge(Chun) on the Hori pad sucks balls. Guess it's time to save for a PS4 stick.

I play her on the dualshock 4 with no problems, dont spend money on a stick just for her

It does take a while to learn play a charge character though. Alot of habits you have to learn and unlearn.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
yakuza is good while scarface is bad so it's fine for people to misidentify the color

Pompadour

The 30th anniversary for this franchise came by and went and we barely got anything out of it.

How sad.

It's a year long 30th anniversary. Most big anniversary events in gaming don't do everything on a single day or month because that's a pain in the ass.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Gonna practice Akuma

Ossiel is online and don't want to waste a slot on Blacklist on him.

I guess I'll practice on rank in my alt account

Remembers that game settings resets and forced to go through the tutorial.

Complain about Ossiel for a year.
Wish for solution.
Have solution.
Don't use it.

Can't temporarily blacklist Ossiel for a single play session because blacklist is too full, apparently.

Top Bottom