• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

HardRojo

Yeah, Q is blonde. There are yellow pixels at the back of his neck in some sprites and you can see it pretty clearly in the 3S poster. There's even a Secret File "behind the scenes" picture where it shows Q's "actor" unmasked and he's a big blonde guy with a mustache.
Q has a face? My life is a lie.

Hey, they fixed abigails ult so now it shows his face in the ko screen. Nice.
Probably lttp on that, mostly noticed from poongko'sgreatest hits
Did they 86 his double target combo juggle in v trigger?

Village

Isn't Q cybernetic from the neck down?

Ed could certainly lose his head at some point and FANG be like, "oooooh, this gives me an idea~"

One, they are not going to make a character they specifically made to be young an attractive, not that.

Two, they have shown what q looks like on multiple occasions, it ain't ed.

Q has a face? My life is a lie.
Yes and no, like nded mentioned, there's an illustration of the "actors" of SF3, a joke image that frames SF3 as a live action thing.

8yAhaWX.jpg

You can see Necro's actor with spring arms, Twelve is a guy out of a rubber suit, Akuma taking off his wig with Q being some older fellow to the left of him. I really dig the casual Poison there.

Scotia

Banned
I'm sorry, but the only thing I can see in that picture is that the Twelve costume looks like the guy has a massive dick and balls.

YwzQOE6.png

My weekly netcode is shit.

Isn't Flash in Florida? Why is every game I ran into him was laggy compared to someone from Texas or in California? Ping should be no less than 40ms or 70ms if your use ATT.

Should have neutral jumped at the exact frame he wakes up, works every time.

Should have neutral jumped such that You can kick him in the head/body as he's getting up. Never just neutral jump as he wakes up. If I have super I'm going to attempt to air spd you more often than not since everyone is afraid of that super.

Out of my 13 matches today, I've only lost 4 - Ibuki, Alex, and Rashid. Did pretty well overall! I need to be like Flux and put in more time practicing and playing. Homeboy is inspirational.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
At AVGC here in Parsippany, NJ getting my ass handed to me in casuals, Third Strike specifically. SFV isn't set up yet, no idea why. Probably gonna ask them to hook it up.

kikiribu

Yeah, Q is blonde. There are yellow pixels at the back of his neck in some sprites and you can see it pretty clearly in the 3S poster. There's even a Secret File "behind the scenes" picture where it shows Q's "actor" unmasked and he's a big blonde guy with a mustache.
I've never seen that "actors" pic lol!

Urien looking boss as usual.
Elena wheeeen :(

stn

Any Ed players have a good button layout for the Hori Mini? I've been cancelling into flicker out of his cr. mk but its pretty uncomfortable!! A good button layout for pad would also be welcome.

Village

Menat V reversal is garbage

I found this out fighting one

You ever fight a person and you won and you " this shouldn't work like that "

Bigg_Oggy

Might have to stop playing Menat for a bit. She's really highlighting a lot of my fundamental flaws. All this losing is really bumming me out. Back to my low tier main that I was halfway decent with.

I decided to spend the whole morning getting nothing done and playing a bunch of sets in Casuals and Ranked. Maybe a handful of these were in Ranked, but whatever. Every time I fought someone, I'd write down one or two things I did wrong, and decided to improve that particular aspect in the next fight. Here's my overall results.

WINS
GUILE - 3
ABIGAIL - 1
AKUMA - 2
ALEX - 2
KEN - 3
MENAT - 1
NECAILI -1
LOSS
ALEX - 2
IBUKI - 1
RASHID - 1

My losses only came from the first hour or so. After that, it was win after win. I had issues doing crmp into anything, so inbetween the match I'd practice a bit and get it down. ANd if I wasn't assured that hit or if it wasn't reliable, I'd go into inferno. I also spent some time just learning what I should do in certain situations, such as not just letting people pressure me for free and using v-reversal.

It's crazy how much shit I've been missing out because I didn't have a method of training right. Some of those wins were because people weren't using their mains, I assume, but some of those dudes were in the 50s and 60s with their character, so they at least had more familiarity than just picking them up for the first time.

Anyway, I feel like it's good to just take a break after a few matches and train in between, then patch up your weakspots. Probably already done by the better ones here, but hey, maybe it helps scrubby boyz like myself.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Q doesn't have a fighting style he just throws raw power around rogs dash punches was just what made sense at the time because the game didnt have a character like that, just like how Remy was basically a mix of guile and sagat because the game didnt have their type in it

kirblar

Q doesn't have a fighting style he just throws raw power around rogs dash punches was just what made sense at the time because the game didnt have a character like that, just like how Remy was basically a mix of guile and sagat because the game didnt have their type in it
lol @ the dev team trying to make a projectile zoner work in 3S

Top Bottom