• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

Neoxon

Max had this to say about the /r/Kappa leak(?) from a few days ago.
Random tidbit. There was a MVCI leak with several other games like SF5, DBFZ and SoulCalibur 6 on r/Kappa a few days ago.

I can't confirm which leak of info is credible, but one of these leaks is -very credible- and lines up with several stories I've heard over the past 5 months of one of these titles. This alone makes the rest of the leaks a possibility in terms of it's credibility.

That leak is bullshit for SFV. No way Capcom would hand out shit for free in terms of characters.

You talk like Punk didn't do that the other week against Smug. It's all about that mental.

It's all theory but honestly you ain't wrong. There's a mental aspect that all fighters have where you think "they ain't gonna do it" and they do it. Fighting games will never have perfect answers to situations because the human element dashes all that shit. You just do the most optimal thing so you have a better chance of winning than losing. But I will forever jump up when I see they have CA or bar right before a GIef's death because I can atleast do a Hell Attack if they try to jump with me as Bison.

vulva

Cammy's CA shouldn't trade with fucking NORMALS, this is the biggest bullshit in the game no one talks about. Also fuck Urien.

You learned your lesson, also neutral jump of you read he is going to Super.
Cammy doesn't deserve anything more.

kirblar

Max had this to say about the /r/Kappa leak(?) from a few days ago.
Potential Leak in question -
I didn't really know where to post this, but you can share this to other subreddits where needed since I wasn't sure. But since the majority of this is all fighting game related I would post it here.
I went to Gamescom and found out A LOT of things that I have to share with you. I was going to do it right after I got back, but real life got in the way. It is a lot to cover, so I will just get to the point.

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite:
I have been in the know of these characters for some time now and with only a month to go before the game's release, I thought it good time to make an account to do this with since I am also at a point with the information where I crosschecked it. What I mean by that is that I have more than one source, and some overlap with what other people have leaked to me. Because of that is why I am sharing this. I trust them. But sometimes when certain ones don't line up with others yet, you spend time waiting and corroborating. Now that it's at a point where I can say more than one source says they've heard the same for each character, I take that as there is smoke to that fire and is true.
These are characters IN DEVELOPMENT for the game:
Wolverine, Star-Lord, Green Goblin, Venom, Ms. Marvel, Doctor Doom, Asura, Lady, Captain Commando, Vergil, Regina, Nina and Deis / Bleu.
An oddity is that between my sources I had one leak to me Bleu under her non-English release name Deis. I don't know if that might mean they're going back and forth in deciding whether to correct that localization change from the first two Breath of Fire games or what since her playable appearances had her under that name before it was changed on the third onward. Rereleases of those games kept it as Bleu still. I thought that worth sharing since it stood out to me. It could just be that she is based on those two games because of the name in the English versions being the name given as Bleu. Which would make sense. But the one who leaked me to her under the name Deis speaks Japanese and has their connections from Japan though. So that could just be why.
I can't tell you anything about the release schedule for them since I don't know anything at all about that yet and if I am not told, I'm not going to act like I know anything about that either. All I know is that those are characters in development. They've stressed to tell me the same in phrasing. I met up with one of them at Gamescom, and heard the same, as well as Regina now. Regina being because some kind of Dino Crisis revival has been planned for some time now, so I guess you can throw that in here too as a leak.

Super Street Fighter V:
You may recall a leaker named Rikurikumore who posted about a SSFV leak here. Well, I can at least say that everything he's said about that is true. It is indeed happening and going to be announced at PSX this year. Necro, Oro, Q, and Crimson Viper will be added as free characters as part of the free expansion. Sakura, Sagat, Sodom, Cody, and two new additions will be Season 3. I was hinted that the two new additions might be Final Fight characters as well.

Devil May Cry 5:
I don't know much about this yet other than it will also be announced at PSX and a "return to form" for the series.

Dragon Ball FighterZ:
You might have seen or heard about a leak that came from 4chan recently. Someone who went to Gamestop Expo and fished for information. Well, I can't entirely vouch for them altogether telling the truth, they said they heard about a "Saiyan Season Pass", and I heard of something very similar. I know of two DLC characters, those being Broly and Bardock. So, that lined up enough with what I know for the time being for me to consider that true. The game will be supported for a long time when it comes to DLC support. The most of any Arc System Works game yet. Bandai Namco is taking this game very seriously in the long run and will be keeping the game alive and supported for at least 2 years. Maybe more. Fan demand for a Switch version did fill their ears because there will be one but not at launch with PS4, Xbox One, and PC. But instead sometime later next year. So Nintendo fans can rejoice about that.

Soul Calibur VI:
I'll admit that I don't know too much about this other than it is in development and has been for a while. It was supposed to be announced before the end of last year, but something happened technically or something to that extent (it seems they wanted to have each character have three different fighting styles like MKX and that had them hit a wall or something). Because they hit that development wall, they instead opted to show that underwhelming retrospective trailer and that was that last December for Soul Calibur's big anniversary. As far as I've heard, the game should be announced this year though. And a Switch version is going to happen. They told me there were very serious talks about Link returning and being its guest character again on that version that have been happening since last year, but no one I spoke with could confirm if it was absolutely happening. But I cannot see why not since it's returning to a Nintendo console finally.
If this is accurate, what this would mean for SFV, combined w/ Kira's datamining- SSFV is adding 4 characters to the base roster. R/Kira found evidence that the current # of expected future characters is 26 and assumed it was 6x4 + 2. This would indicate that instead, it's likely 4 (SSFV), 6 (2018), 6 (2019) and 4 (USFV) / 6 (2020). Also that Flowtron wasn't technically lying when he said those 4 weren't in the season pass.

Syntsui

It's all about conditioning your opponent to do stupid shit, but then they don't and you get fucked. I love this aspect about fighting, it just wouldn't be the same if there would always be a safe answer for everything.

Except when you knock down Daigo in the corner, he will always take the grab.

Bison is so much fun because of his conditioning. Just throw out them st mps and delay one, and throw it out again and catch someone reaching. Then they start blocking more so it's eat a throw or get crossed up.

kirblar

The reason the free characters could potentially be legit- when the game first came out, Ono specifically mentioned that leaving SF3/SF4 characters off the base roster was something they may have regretted. Also, in both SF4 Console and SSFV: Arcade Edition, they added characters to the base roster, 6 new + 2 bosses in SF4 console, and 4 in AE.

Neoxon

The reason the free characters could potentially be legit- when the game first came out, Ono specifically mentioned that leaving SF3/SF4 characters off the base roster was something they may have regretted. Also, in both SF4 Console and SSFV: Arcade Edition, they added characters to the base roster, 6 new + 2 bosses in SF4 console, and 4 in AE.
Those are actually good points.

MrCarter

I mentioned this before, but seeing Oro, Q and even Crimson Viper in the SFV engine would be a dream come true. Hence why I won't get my hopes up because it's a wishy washy leak from Reddit.

Numb

I don't have a thing about C.Viper but never would have guessed she'd be in a Marvel game. I would have thought Seth had more clout to be in one

Capcom knows how everyone likes Q.
They like him but just don't use him. Solution make him top tier

Shadoken

Cammy's CA shouldn't trade with fucking NORMALS, this is the biggest bullshit in the game no one talks about. Also fuck Urien.

Maybe if it didnt have a fkin 3 frame startup and go full screen that would be ok. Its crazy how scared you need to be when she has meter against a player with good reactions.

kirblar

I don't have a thing about C.Viper but never would have guessed she'd be in a Marvel game. I would have thought Seth had more clout to be in one

Capcom knows how everyone likes Q.
They like him but just don't use him. Solution make him top tier
I suspect he was supposed to be in TxSF before the project got put on hold. His playstyle would be perfect for it.

Cammy not being able to use the CA as an invincible reversal is absolutely fine. If you want that, use her EX DP.

Numb

I suspect he was supposed to be in TxSF before the project got put on hold. His playstyle would be perfect for it.
I suspect he was supposed to be in TxSF
200.gif

bubumiao

Oh man when you read a well done guide on how to deal with a character your life just opens up and things just feel right tbh.

Read one on the Bison VS Rashid matchup and how I can deal with Rashid's bullshit. Maybe I don't have to take all those mixers. I can just cr.lk (could have labbed it but naahhhh)
That was the Google doc you read from Bison discord (by Maoh)?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm jelly at the people that got into Dissidia though. Come on Square, I have been paying for FFXIV since 2.0 and have 300 hours on the PSP Dissidia games, throw me a fucking bone here

The invites have been passed around like a wildfire in the threads and discords.

Potential Leak in question -

If this is accurate, what this would mean for SFV, combined w/ Kira's datamining- SSFV is adding 4 characters to the base roster. R/Kira found evidence that the current # of expected future characters is 26 and assumed it was 6x4 + 2. This would indicate that instead, it's likely 4 (SSFV), 6 (2018), 6 (2019) and 4 (USFV) / 6 (2020). Also that Flowtron wasn't technically lying when he said those 4 weren't in the season pass.

I came to same conclusion as you did awhile ago. I meant it made sense why Flowtron said they weren't even in Season 3.

Nah Bison is done. They are using this game to showcase that. He'll come back as a ghost and get bopped by resolve, and Ed will be all like ITS MUH DESTINY or some shit and walk off into the sunset.

And Ed can't be Q. Q existed all the way back in SF2 (well, they made that part canon).

That leak is bullshit for SFV. No way Capcom would hand out shit for free in terms of characters.

It's all theory but honestly you ain't wrong. There's a mental aspect that all fighters have where you think "they ain't gonna do it" and they do it. Fighting games will never have perfect answers to situations because the human element dashes all that shit. You just do the most optimal thing so you have a better chance of winning than losing. But I will forever jump up when I see they have CA or bar right before a GIef's death because I can atleast do a Hell Attack if they try to jump with me as Bison.
I would see them giving out characters just as a way to convince casuals that it really is a "new version" for them to buy.

But that leak is ridiculous. Regina, Nina, and Deis? How would such irrelevant characters sell?

I hope the next character is a SPD grappler with teleport and DP
And a fireball.

And long limbs like Dhalsim.

And an instant overhead.
https://discord.gg/0qStOBEBl8pEdFTC

That's M. Bison's. Just Google your character + discord and you should be able to find your character easily.
I expect the F.A.N.G discord is a lot of people crying and leaning their head against a wall, similar to what Jews do at the Wailing Wall.

nded

What made you think that though, I'm curious. Their styles and personalities are extremely different, and Q is pretty gigantic and not a boxer.

No real reason other than Q is blonde, fights a bit like someone who dimly remembers Rog's fighting style and that Ed isn't mentioned in SFIII. They also both have an advancing HP, a rapid punch move, a grab where they pop the opponent into the air and I think their jumping LKs look similar.

Nothing substantial, just a weird thought I had one day and probably contradicted a dozen times over by those CFN character files. The simplest explanation would be that Q is just another failed Bison vessel.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I would see them giving out characters just as a way to convince casuals that it really is a "new version" for them to buy.

But that leak is ridiculous. Regina, Nina, and Deis? How would such irrelevant characters sell?

Well, I could see Nina being a decent seller since she's still popular in Japan. That's why she got included in few japanese games like Street Fighter x All Capcom, etc. But I don't really expect any BOF characters for MVCI.

kikiribu

No real reason other than Q is blonde, fights a bit like someone who dimly remembers Rog's fighting style and that Ed isn't mentioned in SFIII. They also both have an advancing HP, a rapid punch move, a grab where they pop the opponent into the air and I think their jumping LKs look similar.

Nothing substantial, just a weird thought I had.
Those are actually good points, but Q is blonde? News to me. I've also seen theories that he's Chun Li's dad but I'm not sure what that's based on. I saw the theory somewhere awhile back and some people seem convinced it's true because they dress similarly and Chun's dad disappeared/died in a mysterious way or something...? I forgot what it was lol.

Village

Bison taking over Ed is pretty clearly an SF6 setup. Ed's doomed.

I don't think that's a set up at all

I think the clear set up is. Bison tries, gets whiped out. Neo Shadowloo is kind of good guy , and that's the fairly obvious set up. And Ed and Minat become new rose and Bison.

And The Illuminati are the clear cut bad guys. That's the set up

I think you are giving far to much credence to bison's astral projections

nded

Those are actually good points, but Q is blonde? News to me. I've also seen theories that he's Chun Li's dad but I'm not sure what that's based on. I saw the theory somewhere awhile back and some people seem convinced it's true because they dress similarly and Chun's dad disappeared/died in a mysterious way or something...? I forgot what it was lol.

Yeah, Q is blonde. There are yellow pixels at the back of his neck in some sprites and you can see it pretty clearly in the 3S poster. There's even a Secret File "behind the scenes" picture where it shows Q's "actor" unmasked and he's a big blonde guy with a mustache.

Bison is so much fun because of his conditioning. Just throw out them st mps and delay one, and throw it out again and catch someone reaching. Then they start blocking more so it's eat a throw or get crossed up.
s.MP is +0, isn't it? Or did it get changed again?
Nina sets my bullshit radar off. Capcom don't give a rats ass about Breath of Fire.
TWO BoF characters.
Well, I could see Nina being a decent seller since she's still popular in Japan. That's why she got included in few japanese games like Street Fighter x All Capcom, etc. But I don't really expect any BOF characters for MVCI.
Maybe Nina, but Regina, Nina, AND Deis?

Top Bottom